I need help using my TV as my Moniter!!! Please

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by RagingMonkey74, Jan 4, 2009 with 11 replies and 204 views.

1. RagingMonkey74

RagingMonkey74 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i got the correct cord from office max (VGA/SVGA)-to-(VGA/SVGA) cable to connect my Dell inspiron laptop to my 37" HD insignia TV the screen on my laptop becomes huge when i plug the cord in the Tv says there is a signal on the VGA input screen but the screen is black how do i get it to display on my tv????

Someone please help ive already had to go to officemax again and buy a whole different cord!!:?

2. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    After you connect the cord, you will have to hit a button on your computer for the laptop to recognize the device. it will be the FN\F3 or FN\F5 button i believe. Try this and see how it works. it should say something like LCD\CRT.

3. OP
    RagingMonkey74

Ratings:
    all it did was make the black screen on my tv brighter and the icons and screen on my laptop GIANT lol on my laptop its Fn F8 then i hit it again and it made my laptop screen black but nothing happnd to the tv just stayed at the bright black screen:?

4. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
  5. OP
    RagingMonkey74

Ratings:
    I followed those instructions completely it did absolutly nothing still black screen on my tv IM GONNA ****ING break something this is ****in rediculous wtf is wrong with it??:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

6. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    try getting an external monitor and using it. If it works then you know that either your port on your T.V. is bad, or if it doesn't, then you have something wrong with your computer.

7. OP
    RagingMonkey74

Ratings:
    thanx i will try that:thumbup:

8. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No prob let me know how it goes. :smile:

9. AtomicBump

AtomicBump Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Right click on your desktop then go to display settings, then settings, and select the different monitor.

It should work.

Your using the red white and yellow right?

10. NsOmNiA

NsOmNiA Premium Premium

Ratings:

No hes using VGA

11. ToaD

ToaD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Boot the computer with the TV plugged into the laptop.
    Don't plug it in while the laptop is already on.

12. BigBlacks 22s

BigBlacks 22s Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea you need to plug it in before you turn on you laptop and if that doesn't work then you need to go to your display setting and change it so your display to your tv.

I dont have mine connected to my tv anymore so i dont have the option to get it to my settings otherwise i would show you where to go...