• Thread starter Ruku
  • Start date
  • Views 1,954
Ruku

Ruku

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am currently looking to mod SSBB for the Nintendo Wii. I installed Homebrew on my 4.3e console, but don't know where to go from here. I haven't gotten SSBB yet, but I am working on adding new characters to play as. I will need tips to become better and get more enjoyment out of playing.

First things first though, I need the game. Is there a way to add it to my USB? That way I won't have to buy the easily damaged disk.

What I do now about wii hacking is I need to put the
/ssbb folder in the root of the USB/SD, and the same with /riivolution/SSBBtemplate. What I need to know is if there are ways I can edit the characters, both appearences and moves? I also wouldn't mind a way to download SSBB to play from my USB either.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't link you to a download for the game since that's not allowed here, but what I can tell you is to go get USBLoaderGX and use that to play games you download, and you can prepare those with WBFSManager. As for modding Smash, simply get Project M 3.6, install it, which is easy, then install this over-top, it has all the skins and stages you could ever want. There's some more technical things you can do like BrawlEX, and I'm sure you could find a tutorial out there somewhere.

Ruku

Ruku

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't link you to a download for the game since that's not allowed here, but what I can tell you is to go get USBLoaderGX and use that to play games you download, and you can prepare those with WBFSManager. As for modding Smash, simply get Project M 3.6, install it, which is easy, then install this over-top, it has all the skins and stages you could ever want. There's some more technical things you can do like BrawlEX, and I'm sure you could find a tutorial out there somewhere.

I forgot that download links weren't allowed, thanks for the reminder.

So without any download links, can I get a tutorial to getting USBLoaderGX, WBFSManager and anything else I may need to my Nintendo Wii, on this website if possible? I am not interested in BrawlEX or PM (I'm unsure of what there are), I just want the actual games. I researched on how to edit a Super Smash Bros. Brawl character, replace them, and use them. I just need to test it out now to see if it works or not.

What I am going to do is try to get USBLoaderGX installed on to my Wii to play games. I don't have a clue how to get the games I need/want. If I can get pointed in the right path, then things can be a lot easier from here.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I forgot that download links weren't allowed, thanks for the reminder.

So without any download links, can I get a tutorial to getting USBLoaderGX, WBFSManager and anything else I may need to my Nintendo Wii, on this website if possible? I am not interested in BrawlEX or PM (I'm unsure of what there are), I just want the actual games. I researched on how to edit a Super Smash Bros. Brawl character, replace them, and use them. I just need to test it out now to see if it works or not.

What I am going to do is try to get USBLoaderGX installed on to my Wii to play games. I don't have a clue how to get the games I need/want. If I can get pointed in the right path, then things can be a lot easier from here.
Well if you want to mod SSBB, the best way is with PM 3.6, since it essentially is a mod enabler for the game....

Just Google for tutorials on how to install USBLoaderGX, and you can find out how to use WBFSManager by visiting their site, also found on Google. I haven't seen any tutorials for them posted here and it'd probably be a waste of my time to write one. I can't tell you where to get game ISO's either, but Google can. I don't plan to type out any huge tutorials or anything but if you come across anything you need help with, let me know.

Ruku

Ruku

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if you want to mod SSBB, the best way is with PM 3.6, since it essentially is a mod enabler for the game....

Just Google for tutorials on how to install USBLoaderGX, and you can find out how to use WBFSManager by visiting their site, also found on Google. I haven't seen any tutorials for them posted here and it'd probably be a waste of my time to write one. I can't tell you where to get game ISO's either, but Google can. I don't plan to type out any huge tutorials or anything but if you come across anything you need help with, let me know.
OK, I downloaded Wii backup manager, and the ssbb torrent (PAL), converted it to ISO (PAL). Now I'm transferring it to my USB. What specific folders do I need? I don't know if what I'm doing is right, or if it'll let me play the games. I read somewhere I need a Wii modchip, but I don't plan on getting it. I thought WBFS won't read USB/SD? The reason I made this thread to get answers here. But if I can't get all the answers here, I will have to continue searching more, and more searching means less time doing it, or at least it will take longer. Will my game be visible and accessible on Wii Backup Manager when I load it on the wii with USBLoaderGX, when the transfer is complete? Here's what I have on my USB at the moment.

USB DEVICE (E)/apps/usbloader_gx/icon.png
USB DEVICE (E)/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
USB DEVICE (E)/apps/usbloader_gx/meta.xml

USB DEVICE (E)/wbfs/disc.info
USB DEVICE (E)/wbfs/ISO/[EMPTY]
USB DEVICE (E)/wbfs/Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBP01]/~780B.tm1
USB DEVICE (E)/wbfs/Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBP01]/~780B.tmp

I am new to this, so I am going to ask. Will it be possible to play ssbb hacks (not PM, I am not interested in that) from USBLoaderGX?

Top Bottom
Login
Register