Discussion I need advice on xk3y/wasabi..

GR13V3Y

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've taken the case from my Xbox 360 to paint it; and while it is open I'd like to change the way it runs.

I have the Xbox 360 Phat Console, with a manufacture date of 2009-08-03, and a Jasper Power Supply. The Disc Drive is a 'Lite-On' with HW #A0A2 and FW# 83850C.
I am running on Dashboard 2.0.16547.0

I want to go ahead and start but I'm very new to this and very confused!
And so, I just want to know if the equipment I'll be purchasing will leave me capable of what I'm planning to do, and if I am wasting any money. My main intention is to have the ability to play "backed up"/downloaded games straight from my External HDD (which is a Seagate 2TB Expansion Desktop Drive). Online capability would be nice, but if it is going to cost me a lot more then its really not that important. And finally, if games were backed up onto discs that would be handy too.

I asked a Supplier and they suggested that I purchase an Xecuter X360USB Pro v1 & CK3i -
http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-x360usb-pro-v1-and-ck3i-bundle-p-1094.html.

I'm not entirely sure what to do once I have bought these, and what exactly I need to do next. I know that I will have to also purchase an xk3y (or a wasabi360 - which I am struggling to find).

Providing I buy everything I've listed am I ready to start?

Thanks in advance.
Gr13v3y

Lisbon Lions 67

クリストファー
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've taken the case from my Xbox 360 to paint it; and while it is open I'd like to change the way it runs.

I have the Xbox 360 Phat Console, with a manufacture date of 2009-08-03, and a Jasper Power Supply. The Disc Drive is a 'Lite-On' with HW #A0A2 and FW# 83850C.
I am running on Dashboard 2.0.16547.0

I want to go ahead and start but I'm very new to this and very confused!
And so, I just want to know if the equipment I'll be purchasing will leave me capable of what I'm planning to do, and if I am wasting any money. My main intention is to have the ability to play "backed up"/downloaded games straight from my External HDD (which is a Seagate 2TB Expansion Desktop Drive). Online capability would be nice, but if it is going to cost me a lot more then its really not that important. And finally, if games were backed up onto discs that would be handy too.

I asked a Supplier and they suggested that I purchase an Xecuter X360USB Pro v1 & CK3i -
http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-x360usb-pro-v1-and-ck3i-bundle-p-1094.html.

I'm not entirely sure what to do once I have bought these, and what exactly I need to do next. I know that I will have to also purchase an xk3y (or a wasabi360 - which I am struggling to find).

Providing I buy everything I've listed am I ready to start?

Thanks in advance.
Gr13v3y
Very nicely explained.

Well first off i take it your xbox is not flashed?

If not then that's where the USB Ck3i comes into play. You need that to extract your DVD key from the DVD itself.
Secondly, xkey would probably be the best one to go for, PS what country are your from?

And yes if you buy all that then you will be sorted.

GR13V3Y

Reaction score
Very nicely explained.

Well first off i take it your xbox is not flashed?

If not then that's where the USB Ck3i comes into play. You need that to extract your DVD key from the DVD itself.
Secondly, xkey would probably be the best one to go for, PS what country are your from?

And yes if you buy all that then you will be sorted.
Thanks for the speedy reply, Chris.
No, nothing has been done to my Xbox 360 just yet - only because I quite literally don't have a clue where to start! I've read quite a few different tutorials and am basically just VERY confused!.

I've never soldered anything in my life - better yet I've never even fixed any broken electronics..
But from what I've read; I won't need to worry about anything like that because with this method everything basically just plugs in, am I correct?

I'm british Chris, from sunny England, why do you ask?
and is this the cheapest/simplest way for me to get the job done?

and also, xk3y aside; will what I've chosen be compatible with all other Xbox's in the future? (for example, if I was asked to mod someone's Slim 360 afterwards?)

Thanks again,

GR13V3Y

GR13V3Y

Reaction score
Oh and one last question - I've just watched a video about extracting the key from the drive;
and this guy was using a molex power supply / adapter too? I wasn't aware of this!
Do I buy this seperately? or does it come with the X360usb?

I intended to buy the X360USB Pro V2 but the website I'm using doesn't have any in stock :frown:

I only wanted it because it mentions that is used to copy the 360 games? Is there another simple way? I expected to be able to copy them just as you would a normal DVD?

GR13V3Y

Last edited:

gamebeatter

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Oh and one last question - I've just watched a video about extracting the key from the drive;
and this guy was using a molex power supply / adapter too? I wasn't aware of this!
Do I buy this seperately? or does it come with the X360usb?

I intended to buy the X360USB Pro V2 but the website I'm using doesn't have any in stock :frown:

I only wanted it because it mentions that is used to copy the 360 games? Is there another simple way? I expected to be able to copy them just as you would a normal DVD?

GR13V3Y
You buy it separately, I used a lizard for my DVD drive flashing but the X360USB does it just fine, try to find a retailer of Team Xecuter from the UK and then your good to go they normally will have everything you need, or if you think its too much money for you, you could find someone who does it and see what they would charge you to do it and compare that to what it would cost in supplies plus your time, and Lite Ons are were always a b**** and are the easiest drive to brick.

Top Bottom