• Thread starter Sweet Tea
  • Start date
  • Views 472
Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea

Tea w/ Lemon
Reaction score
Sin$
I was using my kinect on pc to see what it could do. I soldered the power and ground from a 12v power supply i had laying around and connected the usb cable to the back of my kinect. I was using the sdk and moved the kinect to a different spot to see all of the angles. The ground wire came lose and then my kinect froze. I soldered it back on and then reconnected it to my pc. The light was not coming on and my pc was not detecting any connected devices. I know that there is power running to it when i connect it to my xbox one because i do get a reading from my multimeter at 12v. Do you guys think i bricked my kinect? If i did they are like $50 on ebay so ill just get a new one. I have all ready tried leaving it unplugged for a long time and then connecting to xbox again with no luck (long time being about a week). I saw somebody suggesting that

smelly02

smelly02

Xbox Forever
Reaction score
Sin$
I was using my kinect on pc to see what it could do. I soldered the power and ground from a 12v power supply i had laying around and connected the usb cable to the back of my kinect. I was using the sdk and moved the kinect to a different spot to see all of the angles. The ground wire came lose and then my kinect froze. I soldered it back on and then reconnected it to my pc. The light was not coming on and my pc was not detecting any connected devices. I know that there is power running to it when i connect it to my xbox one because i do get a reading from my multimeter at 12v. Do you guys think i bricked my kinect? If i did they are like $50 on ebay so ill just get a new one. I have all ready tried leaving it unplugged for a long time and then connecting to xbox again with no luck (long time being about a week). I saw somebody suggesting that
Wow, that's a first. Ummm.. Any modders here?

Forn

Forn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't hurt to look inside, not if it's dead. Look for any burnt tracks or damaged components near where the power leads connect. Chances are you won't see squat but you never know.

Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea

Tea w/ Lemon
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't hurt to look inside, not if it's dead. Look for any burnt tracks or damaged components near where the power leads connect. Chances are you won't see squat but you never know.
I've had it open and been searching around in my free time to see if I can find anything but nothing so far

Top Bottom
Login
Register