Solved I messed up changing an LED please help

Discussion in 'Xbox One Support Archive' started by JenkinsThePole, Sep 21, 2015 with 5 replies and 259 views.

1. JenkinsThePole

JenkinsThePole Newbie

Ratings:
    Well I burnt the pad off and I don't know how to fix it. If you are kind enough to help me please explain it like I'm 5 because I don't know terms to well yet. the pad is on D19
    http://s27.postimg.org/5s0m27ctf/IMG_0197.jpg

2. SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Honestly, if it's anything like the 360's, i'd pick up a new board. Is that from the front of the console? Shouldn't be more than $30 bucks, I did this a few times swapping my ROL to purple and then red (fake red ROL always messed with people

3. The404Spartan

The404Spartan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What is your soldering iron's wattage?

4. 210Modz

210Modz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Use a fiberglass pen and expose some of the trace. Solder the led to the trace. Use a 15w iron.

5. OP
    JenkinsThePole

JenkinsThePole Newbie

Ratings:
    It's a weller wlc100 so it can go between 5 and 40 watts and I use a 1/32 tip and how would I solder the led to the trace with a little piece of 30awg? And also what's the proper technique for putting it on? And any tips for soldering small stuff? Thanks for all the help and I relize my mistake I used it at about 25watts.

6. J Colez

J Colez J Brezzy

Ratings:
    Here this video should help he has the part where he puts back on a LED just look for it in the video