Discussion I made a free tool to import custom emblems into GTA Online

• Thread starter flashback_gta
  • Start date
  • Views 9,215
F

flashback_gta

Reaction score
Hi all,
I made a Javascript tool to convert images into emblems.

Video/Tutorial:

Download it here:

Screenshots:

How it works:
It slices up an image into 1px-wide strips and recreates the pixels in those strips from gradients applied to rectangles. It then generates the console code required for the emblem editor.

Notes:
Some images will need to be resized or adjusted (it will not work for a 512x512 full colour image). If you are creating a logo style crew emblem, it is best to create it on a 256x256 canvas. While testing I found that 512x512 images often look worse in-game than 256x256. More tips in the video.

If anyone has any issues with a particular image, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

HYX

HYX

... .... .- .-- -.
Administrator
Lifetime
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
This is honestly so easy and fun to use! Nice release and I sure hope the community enjoys it as much as I do.

J

Jimploded

Reaction score
Hi all,

Video/Tutorial:

Download it here:

Screenshots:

How it works:
It slices up an image into 1px-wide strips and recreates the pixels in those strips from gradients applied to rectangles. It then generates the console code required for the emblem editor.

Notes:
Some images will need to be resized or adjusted (it will not work for a 512x512 full colour image). If you are creating a logo style crew emblem, it is best to create it on a 256x256 canvas. While testing I found that 512x512 images often look worse in-game than 256x256. More tips in the video.

If anyone has any issues with a particular image, let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Great work! This thing works like a charm.

F

flashback_gta

Reaction score
I've also uploaded it here: jsfiddle.net/q3w92f0r/1 and here: codesandbox.io/s/stoic-dijkstra-1rcll7 for anyone who would rather use it online instead of downloading it and running it locally. Only downside of using it online is that the window is a bit squashed. Other than that, it works exactly the same.

Token

Token

Godly Sinner
Administrator
Content Team
Grammar Nazi Frame In Gold Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
This is brilliant. Very useful.

Thank you for sharing.

R

Redneckninja65

Reaction score
Hi all,

Video/Tutorial:

Download it here:

Screenshots:

How it works:

Notes:

Hi I'm having issues with a certain image could you possibly give me a hand, Thank you
Post automatically merged:

Hi all,

Video/Tutorial:

Download it here:

Screenshots:

How it works:

Notes:

Hi I'm having issues with a certain image could you possibly give me a hand, Thank

Top Bottom
Login
Register