What's new

Solved I Keep getting invalid flash config 0x00000 help

Bdun

Bdun

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello I have a Xbox 360 corona mother board I need to read the nand but I keep getting the invalid flash config 0x00000 etc I have un done and redone soldering multiple times and I can’t fix it the programmer has a green light the Xbox power brick has an orange light so it’s still working and when I press the power button it lights up green but does not boot help

Last edited:
Solution
danik2b
You are only suppose to provide standby power when reading then nand. DO NOT boot the console when attempting to read the nand.
0x00 config means there is nothing in memory because standby power hasn't been provided, plug the power cable into the back with the power switched on at the wall, don't power the console on.
Attempt to read it, you should get config data within it If you haven't bricked your console.

Xbox config is stored in the nand as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-volatile_memory, the memory isn't populated if there is no power, which is the problem you are having.

" when I press the power button it lights up green but does not boot help " Looks to me like your NAND is corrupted, to troubleshoot, I'd...
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So,when you attempt to boot/power up your 360 Corona,you just have a black screen and nothing else at all,right ?
Hope you wasn't trying to power up the console with your programmer still connected to the nand wires.
If you've tried another HDMI cable and your still getting a blank screen,then there's something wrong (hardware failure) with your Corona board.

danik2b

danik2b

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You are only suppose to provide standby power when reading then nand. DO NOT boot the console when attempting to read the nand.
0x00 config means there is nothing in memory because standby power hasn't been provided, plug the power cable into the back with the power switched on at the wall, don't power the console on.
Attempt to read it, you should get config data within it If you haven't bricked your console.

Xbox config is stored in the nand as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-volatile_memory, the memory isn't populated if there is no power, which is the problem you are having.

" when I press the power button it lights up green but does not boot help " Looks to me like your NAND is corrupted, to troubleshoot, I'd attempt to read the nand with just standby power, see if it has a valid config in memory.

I had a corona V2 and had a similar problem, the console was bricked after I read the nand and chipped it, tried to look for any spots where I may have dropped some solder to short, nope just corrupted by NAND read/write most likely. I fixed the problem by chipping a trinity and replacing it with the old corona V2. No dramas :smile:

Find a Jasper and do a 1.2 RGH, much faster to boot and probably more reliable, coronas are a pain in the *** to RGH from my experience.

Last edited:
Solution
Top Bottom
Login
Register