What's new

Question I just ordered an Xecuter CoolRunner & I am going to attempt to R-TAG my Jasper. [Any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated]

DiddlinRitalinHat

DiddlinRitalinHat

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm waiting for some resistors and transistors to come as well as the cool runner, because I want to take advantage of the learning experience, because I am a computer science major and I would love to learn more about the motherboard. Please if anyone sees this and has any knowledge or resources I could benefit from please message me, or even on xbox : Purple Haze2320

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What console and dash do you have, the r-jtag was a specific chip what exactly have you ordered ?
I would suggest either RGH1 if dash below 14717 (might be 15574 tho) or RGH1.2

Most probably it will be on a newer dash and be RGH1.2
Have a read through this

Last edited:
DiddlinRitalinHat

DiddlinRitalinHat

Reaction score
Sin$
I ordered the S-Union CoolRunner Rev C for Jasper xbox 360 and I confirmed I have a Jasper because of the type of PSU port I have on xbox 360.

Once I get home I will boot it up and see which dashboard I have but i'm not sure if I have Jasper, Jasper BB 256MB, or Jasper BB 512MB, but I will figure that out in the settings of the xbox.

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I ordered the S-Union CoolRunner Rev C for Jasper xbox 360 and I confirmed I have a Jasper because of the type of PSU port I have on xbox 360.

Once I get home I will boot it up and see which dashboard I have but i'm not sure if I have Jasper, Jasper BB 256MB, or Jasper BB 512MB, but I will figure that out in the settings of the xbox.
most probably if the console has been used and updated you will need to go with RGH1.2 which i have linked above.

DiddlinRitalinHat

DiddlinRitalinHat

Reaction score
Sin$
What console and dash do you have, the r-jtag was a specific chip what exactly have you ordered ?
I would suggest either RGH1 if dash below 14717 (might be 15574 tho) or RGH1.2

Most probably it will be on a newer dash and be RGH1.2
Have a read through this
Should I put a hold on the CoolRunner, because I felt confident that it was what I needed based off Exploited Console FAQS & Guides forums on how to do all this.

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Should I put a hold on the CoolRunner, because I felt confident that it was what I needed based off Exploited Console FAQS & Guides forums on how to do all this.
you can still use the rev C or you could pic up a ACE V3( needed for dynamic timing files), you will also need a nand reader a JRprogrammer (easier to find but there are clones around) or a nand x(faster read/write speeds for BB nands).

Last edited:
S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
depends on location, check out TX resellers for things like the JRP. you could check ebay and similar as someone might be selling some used hardware if there are exiting the Modding scene.

DiddlinRitalinHat

DiddlinRitalinHat

Reaction score
Sin$
depends on location, check out TX resellers for things like the JRP. you could check ebay and similar as someone might be selling some used hardware if there are exiting the Modding scene.
I'm Based in Phx,AZ, Thanks man I will keep you updated on what happens. I'm a student in college right now for Computer Science/Cyber Security, but since my classes are all online now because of COVID-19, I wanted to keep myself busy.

S

scottD1503

Premium
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm Based in Phx,AZ, Thanks man I will keep you updated on what happens. I'm a student in college right now for Computer Science/Cyber Security, but since my classes are all online now because of COVID-19, I wanted to keep myself busy.
try Modchipcentral
I know the feeling, bored out of my mind already and its only been a week! Im a chef from the UK and im now thanks to the government on total lockdown for a minimum of 3 weeks, the only saving grace is i have 20+ motherboards to sort through and RGH should keep me busy for a while.

W

WhiskeyIllI

Reaction score
Sin$
try Modchipcentral
I know the feeling, bored out of my mind already and its only been a week! Im a chef from the UK and im now thanks to the government on total lockdown for a minimum of 3 weeks, the only saving grace is i have 20+ motherboards to sort through and RGH should keep me busy for a while.
It's not the government pal, it's because of people who can't practice basic hygiene and social distancing. They've caused this for all of us. Unfortunately you're not considered a key worker (and could potentially quite easily assist in spreading it). Bloody money situation leaves me now searching for another job to start ASAP despite me being at high risk (previous extensive lung damage).

If there was a god I'd ask them to stop the earth so I could get off.

Top Bottom
Login
Register