What's new

Discussion I have managed to play games on my xbox one without the disc inserted?

• Thread starter Tattzy
  • Start date
  • Views 49,724
Nyctosapherem

Nyctosapherem

Reaction score
Sin$
This has been happening to me too wgile playing Destiny 2. Ive been moving my xbox pretty much lately to other homes, so I would always eject the inserted disc to prevent damage. However, I just happened to look inside the box and saw the disc, and realized that I’ve been playing Destiny 2 wothout the Disc for 2 weeks now. O don’t know how this happened. It cant be the EA thing, as D2 is not an EA game. I can tell you that have Gold Membership and my disc has never ben inserted in another xbox than mine, maybe that haa something to do with it (?)

iiCe CReaM MaNn

iiCe CReaM MaNn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have done the exact same thing, though my "glitch" is with Grand Theft Auto V... I have no idea how I have managed to do this but I have even went as far as taking my copy of GTA V into GameStop to sell it as I no longer need the disc to play. I want to be able to do this with all my games and my friends' games as well, lol, but have no idea how this has happened. So I know what you're experiencing and I know it is hard to believe, but I can verify it's happened to me as well so it's not just something to do with EA Access... has anybody else experienced anything like this?

EDIT: I thought this would be worth mentioning... anytime I install a game I disconnect the internet and forget all connections because I hate how it tries to opt out installing from the disc and will download and install games at a slower rate by using an internet connection when I obviously bought a physical disc for a reason. That is the only thing I can think of that may have played part in this whole "glitch" thing happening.

Last edited:
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My Fifa 17 is like that, before release I bought the Standard version on pre order, refunded it, bought the £80 version, refunded it for the standard again, then got the £80 back, refunded. When I refunded it the last time, I was going to buy it the day it came out in the store I work for because we had double discount.

I then went to press the game on midnight launch and it opened, had my £80, nothing was charge from my bank, was really weird, think someone from XB messed up, lol.

JackSkellington

JackSkellington

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so after the free EA access, i decided to try this out again, And it fortunately worked. After i took my Fifa Disk out, my game still worked. I tried GTA V to see if it also would work like this, it did not. So maybe the EA Access is glitched? but yet again, its only one day after the Free EA Access.

i never buy digitial copies always the discs. So far i can play For Honor and Forza 5 without the discs. Not sure how this happened or even if it might be the same with all copies

S

Smash8998

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not even joking you dude I'm having the same I wouldn't call it issue but luck maybe with my Xbox. My roommate was playing Forza Horizon's 3 and I went to eject the disc to put in Battlefield when I realized that Call of Duty World War 2 was in the Xbox and he said he just started doing it by accident one day and it worked so it kept he kept doing it and I'm still able to do so myself if everybody would like a video I can also upload one after I do a couple more posts around thread

jfrigola

jfrigola

Reaction score
Sin$
No more answers here since July. It's october now and I can confirm I can play Horizon 4 without disk and I didn't buy it from Store. All I did was install the 40gb from the bought disk, then download a 18gb update that showed up and finally another 130mb update that showed up. Now the disk isn't required anymore. Can anyone else confirm this with Horizon 4 please?

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I am going to investigate this a bit.
I have 7 consoles and many times only two copies of the same game. This could really work well for me.

jfrigola

jfrigola

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes please, test and let's see if you can come up with a conclusion. Thank you.

W O L F

W O L F

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
No more answers here since July. It's october now and I can confirm I can play Horizon 4 without disk and I didn't buy it from Store. All I did was install the 40gb from the bought disk, then download a 18gb update that showed up and finally another 130mb update that showed up. Now the disk isn't required anymore. Can anyone else confirm this with Horizon 4 please?
This game was free over the last 2 weeks, so maybe your playing games that are free from the marketplace without realizing it.

I

illrevo

Reaction score
Sin$
I just wanted to chime in here. I rented Black Ops 4 from Redbox and can confirm this is happening to me. I’ve been playing it without the disc for 3 days now. Super weird but I’m not complaining.

jfrigola

jfrigola

Reaction score
Sin$
This game was free over the last 2 weeks, so maybe your playing games that are free from the marketplace without realizing it.
No, I never played Horizon 4 for free before nor installed any demo. I just bought the disk from Amazon and now it's installed and updated and playing without disk. Then I rented Horizon 2 a few days ago and it's always asking for the disk, even after having been installed offline and also after being updated online. Maybe simply some games require disk and some don't? Can anyone confirm Horizon 4 never asks for disk after installed and updated?

Evaldas Tervilys

Evaldas Tervilys

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Same think happened for me couple of times with rainbow six siege, i do not own the game but i managed to start it anyway but after i closed it and tried doing opening again i couldn't make it start again. There's a weird glitch in Xbox verification system but the ones that figured it out are probably keeping it a secret because it's a pretty big glitch

SirPipeKnight

SirPipeKnight

Reaction score
Sin$
I was googling around to see if others have had this happen. I bought battlefield 5 and was playing it earlier in the day.left the house and came home to play black ops 4. Both bf5 and black ops are disc games. I played a solid 3 hours when i decided to switch to bf5 but the disc was already in the xbox. I open the game case and cod is in there. There has to be something going on with ea games and game licenses.

Evaldas Tervilys

Evaldas Tervilys

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I was googling around to see if others have had this happen. I bought battlefield 5 and was playing it earlier in the day.left the house and came home to play black ops 4. Both bf5 and black ops are disc games. I played a solid 3 hours when i decided to switch to bf5 but the disc was already in the xbox. I open the game case and cod is in there. There has to be something going on with ea games and game licenses.
It's not the ea games it's the problem with licenses we need to figure out a way to bypass them all the time couse now i can only manage to do when may Xbox starts lagging or it just randomly happens

jezza3813

jezza3813

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This happened to me with skate 3 I installed the disc and it launched without disc I know there is no disc because the disc inside was burnout paradise remastered

Minto71182

Minto71182

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This does it with me too with one game... bought overwatch (disc version) for my son's birthday he was somehow playing it while the red dead redemption 2 disc was in lol

Evaldas Tervilys

Evaldas Tervilys

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This does it with me too with one game... bought overwatch (disc version) for my son's birthday he was somehow playing it while the red dead redemption 2 disc was in lol
It was trial week last week

Empty USB

Empty USB

Reaction score
Sin$
This happened to me as well! I was playing BO4 and my friends and I switched over to BO2. I only own physical copies of both these games by the way. Anyway we stopped playing BO2 and went back to BO4, but I had forgot to take the BO2 disc out. BO4 started perfectly fine, no errors, yet BO2 was in the disc tray. I was very confused. The next day, after I turned off my xbox, a message prompted me to insert the BO4 disc when I tried starting it up.

Top Bottom
Login
Register