What's new

Discussion I have managed to play games on my xbox one without the disc inserted?

• Thread starter Tattzy
  • Start date
  • Views 49,723
S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As I said, this only seems to be for games that are published by EA. It seems they messed something up. But this has been happening for quite a long time now considering I haven't used my Xbox One in so long.

Tattzy

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As I said, this only seems to be for games that are published by EA. It seems they messed something up. But this has been happening for quite a long time now considering I haven't used my Xbox One in so long.
Ah, fairs. Thought i share it as i wasn't aware of this at the time.

BonkersMods

BonkersMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had the same thing happened to me a few months back, or even a year :roflmao: I had this exact glitch happen to me with Forza 4, I got the disc installed it after a few months of playing forza with the disc, somehow I was able to play the forza 4 without the disc anymore. I have no idea how it happened or why but it did, and now the exact same thing has happened with Fifa 16 just like you, I am able to play fifa without the disc :roflmao: no idea whats wrong with my console but its cool, I like it. :sneaky:

Ps. I got my xbox within the first week of it being out.

Tattzy

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had the same thing happened to me a few months back, or even a year :roflmao: I had this exact glitch happen to me with Forza 4, I got the disc installed it after a few months of playing forza with the disc, somehow I was able to play the forza 4 without the disc anymore. I have no idea how it happened or why but it did, and now the exact same thing has happened with Fifa 16 just like you, I am able to play fifa without the disc :roflmao: no idea whats wrong with my console but its cool, I like it. :sneaky:

Ps. I got my xbox within the first week of it being out.
Haha glad this has happened to other people as i didn't want to get accused of lying. I brought my Xbox about a year after it's release and Fifa is the only game it has happened to so far.

M0B5TA

M0B5TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the opposite happened to me. I put in my BF4 disc and it kept saying I don't have this game and if I wanted to buy it in the store lmao

Evaldas Tervilys

Evaldas Tervilys

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Same think happened for me but with free weekend game today I started rocket league which was free for the weekend and then I got message saying that's I don't own this game I don't remember what I did next I think I presst A or it started on this own I played for about 10minits then I tried restart the gqne but it didn't worked anymore

ty5er

ty5er

Reaction score
Sin$
I had this kind of happen. I turned on my Xbox on one day and Fallout 4 was in my queue ready to be downloaded. I downloaded it and it plays without the disc. I checked my purchase history and I never bought it, it wasn't gifted to me, I can't think of how it showed up on my xbox. Not going to complain about a free game though.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
There was something like this on the Xbox 360 as well.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems to me like a lot of people are saying this same thing or similar thing happening to them. With the updated video proof, it makes the case even stronger. We'll just have to see and what happens after the free trial period end.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah, fairs. Thought i share it as i wasn't aware of this at the time.
I am assuming it is still happening even though the free trial period is now over?

Marvhl

Marvhl

Trinity RGH2 <3
Reaction score
Sin$
So i was playing Fifa 16 online season one evening and started raging so i ejected the disc mid game and noticed that Fifa 16 was still running and i was still connected to my online game. Obviously this was new to me as normally you'd be expected to be taken to the dashboard.

So without taking any notice i proceeded to play Black ops 3. Later on that night i wanted to play Fifa again and tried to start the game up from my dashboard. The game started as usual but then i had remembered that black ops 3 was still in the disc tray. I was very confused at this point and i still am to this day.

So i have manged to glitch my Xbox into starting Fifa 16 without the disc inserted.

I have a video showing you what i mean. In the video i also show that i haven't purchased the game from the Xbox market store. If you would like any more proof just ask me what you'd like me to show you. I have no reason to lie about this.

I genuinely don't know how i did this or if it is a know thing already but i thought i'd share it as it shows that there is a flaw with the Xbox one to play games without owing them as i can now sell my disc and continue to play Fifa.

This is another video showing that the game still work while offline. I also uninstall EA access to prove that the game is not installed through the app.

That is what I thought initially but OP addressed the point here saying that this was happening a week ago before this free access deal was announced.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...hout-the-disc-inserted.1522850/#post-12285240

Ok so after the free EA access, i decided to try this out again, And it fortunately worked. After i took my Fifa Disk out, my game still worked. I tried GTA V to see if it also would work like this, it did not. So maybe the EA Access is glitched? but yet again, its only one day after the Free EA Access.

BonkersMods

BonkersMods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My Fifa 16 still works without the disc, (never brought the game online) and also my forza 5 still works without the disc (rolf) and just incase you was wondering if I brought the game online, no. no I did not buy the game online. lol I have no idea why this happens, there is a glitch in the system and if we can find out how to exploit this then it would be like taking candy from a baby lol

ScratchLDP

ScratchLDP

Reaction score
Sin$
Right now I'm playing Madden 17 with, NBA 2k disc in and I'm 100% sure I never bought a digital copy of this game

U

UndeadZombie II

Reaction score
Sin$
apparently it looks like this has been a thing for quite some time, but it seems all EA games on xbox one can be played without the disc, I did not buy a digital copy of any EA game, and I have not been paying for that vault or whatever it is, but based on what me and my friends found, all EA games can be played without a disc

U

UndeadZombie II

Reaction score
Sin$
Its EA access I believe, I think its supposed to be given out for free to anyone who has xbox live and this is one of the things it does. It will end on june 22 I think, and if its a glitch after june 22, it will continue. if its EAs thing, it will be over on June 22. If you really like this feature, after june 22, you'll have to pay monthly for it

D

daniel2132

Reaction score
Sin$
So i was playing Fifa 16 online season one evening and started raging so i ejected the disc mid game and noticed that Fifa 16 was still running and i was still connected to my online game. Obviously this was new to me as normally you'd be expected to be taken to the dashboard.

So without taking any notice i proceeded to play Black ops 3. Later on that night i wanted to play Fifa again and tried to start the game up from my dashboard. The game started as usual but then i had remembered that black ops 3 was still in the disc tray. I was very confused at this point and i still am to this day.

So i have manged to glitch my Xbox into starting Fifa 16 without the disc inserted.

I have a video showing you what i mean. In the video i also show that i haven't purchased the game from the Xbox market store. If you would like any more proof just ask me what you'd like me to show you. I have no reason to lie about this.

I genuinely don't know how i did this or if it is a know thing already but i thought i'd share it as it shows that there is a flaw with the Xbox one to play games without owing them as i can now sell my disc and continue to play Fifa.

This is another video showing that the game still work while offline. I also uninstall EA access to prove that the game is not installed through the app.

hsj

The same thing just happened to me on my xbox 1 s , I woke up and wanted to play rainbow 6 seige so I opened it and everything was fine and I was playing, then I wanted to play a but of skate 3. So I tried to change the disc but skate 3 was already in. I am very confused but keep in mind I havw no one else on my xbox but it is a good little glitch and I do have xbox live gold.

Top Bottom
Login
Register