What's new

Discussion I have managed to play games on my xbox one without the disc inserted?

• Thread starter Tattzy
  • Start date
  • Views 49,722
Tattzy

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So i was playing Fifa 16 online season one evening and started raging so i ejected the disc mid game and noticed that Fifa 16 was still running and i was still connected to my online game. Obviously this was new to me as normally you'd be expected to be taken to the dashboard.

So without taking any notice i proceeded to play Black ops 3. Later on that night i wanted to play Fifa again and tried to start the game up from my dashboard. The game started as usual but then i had remembered that black ops 3 was still in the disc tray. I was very confused at this point and i still am to this day.

So i have manged to glitch my Xbox into starting Fifa 16 without the disc inserted.

I have a video showing you what i mean. In the video i also show that i haven't purchased the game from the Xbox market store. If you would like any more proof just ask me what you'd like me to show you. I have no reason to lie about this.

I genuinely don't know how i did this or if it is a know thing already but i thought i'd share it as it shows that there is a flaw with the Xbox one to play games without owing them as i can now sell my disc and continue to play Fifa.

This is another video showing that the game still work while offline. I also uninstall EA access to prove that the game is not installed through the app.

Last edited:
TuffyToffee

TuffyToffee

Demi Rose<3
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You must be homed xboxed to someone who has brought the game digitally.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Trifecta Odysseus' Summit MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Never done that, also if i did wouldn't it have said that i've purchased the content when i check Xbox game store?
I think it's because of this deal they have going on right now: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...lt-for-free-from-june-12th-june-22nd.1521070/
Xbox Live Gold members get to experience the EA Access Vault for free from June 12 - June 22nd.
Keep in mind you need to have a Gold Membership.

Download the EA Access Hub App by clicking on the Gold Member area on the home dashboard.
No credit card or sign up are needed.

"EA games in The Vault now include Battlefield Hardline, EA SPORTS UFC, Battlefield 4, FIFA 16, Dead Space, Madden NFL 16, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, NHL15, Titanfall, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Need for Speed Rivals, NBA LIVE 15, Peggle 2, FIFA 14, and Madden NFL 14.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
This happened like a week ago even before that ea access deal. Once that deal has expired i will make another video to prove it still works.
Well we'd love to see that after the deal is over. Preferably a few days after. From the look of the video it looks like it's just doing that because of the deal. EA always has days when they offer free access just for a few days and that may be why you were able to play it without the disk weeks ago as well.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's apart of EA Access if you have it. Or it's a glitch with EA. After I bought my EA Access subscription my games such as Battlefield 4 would launch without ever having to have the disc in. I am unsure if that is intentional or not but it's an excellent feature.

Tattzy

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well we'd love to see that after the deal is over. Preferably a few days after. From the look of the video it looks like it's just doing that because of the deal. EA always has days when they offer free access just for a few days and that may be why you were able to play it without the disk weeks ago as well.
Yeah i understand why this may be hard to believe as i'm shocked myself. I will upload another video a couple of days after the deal!

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i understand why this may be hard to believe as i'm shocked myself. I will upload another video a couple of days after the deal!
Sound good man. If it is a glitch or exploit then it will definitely be exciting. (until Microsoft gets whiff of it)

Let us know how it turns. :thumbsup:

FrazzleFrazer

FrazzleFrazer

HOLD THE DOOR
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I noticed it about 2 days ago pulled my BF4 disc out and it kept playing! The free EA access isn't working for me can't downoad anything from the vault so it can't be that.

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Knowing Activision and EA they're probably blank discs and everything you see on your TV is an illusion.

Tattzy

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's apart of EA Access if you have it. Or it's a glitch with EA. After I bought my EA Access subscription my games such as Battlefield 4 would launch without ever having to have the disc in. I am unsure if that is intentional or not but it's an excellent feature.
That is what I thought initially but OP addressed the point here saying that this was happening a week ago before this free access deal was announced.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...hout-the-disc-inserted.1522850/#post-12285240
Maybe if i show that ea access is not downloaded on my console? Would that help?

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe if i show that ea access is not downloaded on my console? Would that help?
Sure show that. Ultimately we will still have to wait till the free access expires to know for sure if it's a glitch. It does seem like someone else is claiming something similar happening with other EA game so this may be an actual glitch.

Tattzy

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sure show that. Ultimately we will still have to wait till the free access expires to know for sure if it's a glitch. It does seem like someone else is claiming something similar happening with other EA game so this may be an actual glitch.
In that case i will just wait then and get a final verdict once the deal is finished.

Hulk

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Reaction score
Sin$
In that case i will just wait then and get a final verdict once the deal is finished.
Yea, that would be a better idea. Just keep track of it all so we can have answers for each theory.

L

lifestanding556

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can you still start your game if you hit your xbox offline?

A

Aimedhalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why don't people just recreate what you did ? Simple as copying if its true

Top Bottom
Login
Register