• Start date
  • Views 743
Z

Zoid in Code

Head and Web Developer @ Reload Foundation
Reaction score
LINUX
-------------
So yeah i have joined you guys that are rockin' linux. I am running ubuntu 14.04 and i love it more than windows 7,8 and 8.1.

Who else is rockin' linux ? what kind?

Is their any apps that I should download?

Start - 25/2/15 End-?​

Operating System
  1. Linux
P

Pikeman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LINUX
-------------
So yeah i have joined you guys that are rockin' linux. I am running ubuntu 14.04 and i love it more than windows 7,8 and 8.1.

Who else is rockin' linux ? what kind?

Is their any apps that I should download?

Start - 25/2/15 End-?​

Hello Nitro

I've recently started to use linux mint (17-1 rebecca, i think it is!) On my crappy laptop, and i've got to say i have used a few linux OS distros, i tried ubuntu ages ago (i didn't like it at first) then i got rid of it, then when back to using W7 but then i tired the pinguy os and that was not too bad, but i ended using that because that laptop died, so i went back to my pc and w7.

But i got rid of that pc (foolishly i like to add) and got this Hp laptop (with the incredible intel celeron M cpu!!!!!) at christmas time and installed linux mint, and i have to say i bloody well love it, only grumble is that because my laptop is soooooo under powered watching videos and doing multitasking is a right mare!

I am hoping in the next few months to either build a htpc or a small bones type of pc so i can get a satellite card installed (i wont say why!)and yes i will for sure be installing linux mint on that too, i think more computer users really need to migrate over to linux,they are for sure missing out!

Z

Zoid in Code

Reaction score
Hello Nitro

I've recently started to use linux mint (17-1 rebecca, i think it is!) On my crappy laptop, and i've got to say i have used a few linux OS distros, i tried ubuntu ages ago (i didn't like it at first) then i got rid of it, then when back to using W7 but then i tired the pinguy os and that was not too bad, but i ended using that because that laptop died, so i went back to my pc and w7.

But i got rid of that pc (foolishly i like to add) and got this Hp laptop (with the incredible intel celeron M cpu!!!!!) at christmas time and installed linux mint, and i have to say i bloody well love it, only grumble is that because my laptop is soooooo under powered watching videos and doing multitasking is a right mare!

I am hoping in the next few months to either build a htpc or a small bones type of pc so i can get a satellite card installed (i wont say why!)and yes i will for sure be installing linux mint on that too, i think more computer users really need to migrate over to linux,they are for sure missing out!

M

M4T4D0R M0DZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice welcome! I cant say im full linux but I run my NAS,HTPC and Downloaders on debian,ubuntu and mint!

C

Cyber Spliot

Getting There
Reaction score
I Run Kali Linux on my Desktop computer and windows 10 on my Laptop and i have to say Kali Linux is Great Just because of Open Source and the wide variety of tools you can choose from/install :smile:

R

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was duel booting Ubuntu next to Windows 10, but it eventually started acting up and I didn't have time to repair it so I ended up removing it.

C

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Reaction score
Linux is great... although I'm not keen on Ubuntu, but that's just me. I'm currently running Crunchbang. Very lightweight and looks hot af.

I dual boot Windows 7 only because there are times where I need to run Windows applications such as Office and Steam games. If it wasn't for that... I'd completely remove Windows and run Linux 24/7.

Z

Zoid in Code

Reaction score
Linux is great... although I'm not keen on Ubuntu, but that's just me. I'm currently running Crunchbang. Very lightweight and looks hot af.

I dual boot Windows 7 only because there are times where I need to run Windows applications such as Office and Steam games. If it wasn't for that... I'd completely remove Windows and run Linux 24/7.

I've went to Windows 10 but use Ubuntu Linux on another computer :biggrin:

S

Sir Matrix

Sing us a song, your the piano man!
Retired
Reaction score
Welcome to the linux community where we shall rule the world one day. As for my flavor of choice i used Bodhi Linux. Very lightweight and the moksha desktop that its running is beautiful as all can be.

S

Sc0ttyLAD

Banned
Reaction score
I use an odroid credit card sized PC (just like the pi but better) with an emmc card and running debian with i3, I love it.
Fast as anything, I rarely boot my windows desktop.

Top Bottom