What's new

Solved I have an old flashed xbox...

OceloT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an "old" flashed xbox which has the 1.51 firmware on it...And basically I had it taken away for ages, and I couldn't get it reflashed to the newest firmware, and now I have it back, the person who did it, doesn't do it anymore.

So my question is, if I use it strictly for offline use, on an account on a different hard drive and will never touch online, will it be okay to use?

I still have all my old wave 4 games which work, but Im wondering if I can still download the new wave games and use them in my old firmware if Im not bothered about being banned or not?

(Funny story, a few of my friends had it flashed, and they told me they got banned, so I put my HDD in an old broken xbox and it banned that instead ^-^).

Any help will be greatly appreciated :smile:.

Naft

À contre-courant
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Yes, it'll be okay to use and won't require you to stealth patch if you're not going online.

Sumo

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I have an "old" flashed xbox which has the 1.51 firmware on it...And basically I had it taken away for ages, and I couldn't get it reflashed to the newest firmware, and now I have it back, the person who did it, doesn't do it anymore.

So my question is, if I use it strictly for offline use, on an account on a different hard drive and will never touch online, will it be okay to use?

I still have all my old wave 4 games which work, but Im wondering if I can still download the new wave games and use them in my old firmware if Im not bothered about being banned or not?

(Funny story, a few of my friends had it flashed, and they told me they got banned, so I put my HDD in an old broken xbox and it banned that instead ^-^).

Any help will be greatly appreciated :smile:.

1. If you are staying OFFLINE only you should be good.

2. I think 1.51 doesn't need the activation disk but it might.

3. Your HDD has no affect on which console gets banned.

OceloT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep will work fine
you cant get banned unless you connect to live
So the new wave games will work on an old xbox? SWEET. I've got like 50 dual layer disks that are just sitting around LMAO! Awesome ^-^. Thank you everybody!

Also one more question :L.

If I put my HDD in the old flashed xbox, and play the games on my MAIN account. And then put into my "normal" Elite, and connect to live, will that get me banned? Or can they not check the stealth of games if its not in the drive?

tl;dr - Can I use my main account on the offline xbox, get achievements, then go online on a LEGIT xbox?

IGZ Snow

Reaction score
So the new wave games will work on an old xbox? SWEET. I've got like 50 dual layer disks that are just sitting around LMAO! Awesome ^-^. Thank you everybody!

Also one more question :L.

If I put my HDD in the old flashed xbox, and play the games on my MAIN account. And then put into my "normal" Elite, and connect to live, will that get me banned? Or can they not check the stealth of games if its not in the drive?

tl;dr - Can I use my main account on the offline xbox, get achievements, then go online on a LEGIT xbox?
yeah it works fine

aslong as you dont play any pre release games on that hdd

Whoopage

Reaction score
yeah it works fine

aslong as you dont play any pre release games on that hdd
Here is my related question:

I have Halo Reach and I patched with the provided SSV2 files - I want to play it on my flashed box that does not and will not have a connection to the Internet (eg. there is no ethernet or wireless connector connected and there never will be).

But I want to be able to play campaign using my regular GT on my HDD. I will keep my GT and HDD offline until the 14th, and then I'll finally go online on my separate, regular, retail Xbox - and only with my retail copy of Reach.

Will playing through campaign like this get me a GT ban? I don't care about a console ban, just a GT ban.

Top Bottom