• Thread starter UxReDxRuM
  • Start date
  • Views 622
U

UxReDxRuM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well a friend gave me a xbox to jtag it had e74 he tried to fix with no luck. anyways i found some tutorials and got the lpt connections done using cat 5 patch cable to a db25 connector. i got started on jtaging and got stumped on the db1f1 connection on zephyr board. went looking for help and found i was supposed to ck dashboard before starting anyways i found i do have 2.0.7371.0 so now i can continue.

how long does it take to get the programs installed once jtag is complete?
does jtag stay connected?
any tutorials on how to setup lobby? i have found some codes and small details.

thanks to all for future advice and help

ps once this box is up and running i will buy another. my main concern was being able to get the programs and codes installed before spending to much money in this project. this is alot more difficult than a STB.

Z

zy0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just because the kernel is 7371 doesn't totally mean its vulnerable. You need to read your NAND and check your CB version to truly know if you can continue on or not. To do this you need to create a custom cable, or buy one or a usb flasher(faster but $$$).

And is the box working now?? You said he tried to fix it with no luck...

What programs are you trying to install..? Do you mean flashing the NAND? Because a flash usually takes 30-40 minutes by LPT cable. The Jtag is there for life, the flashing cable can be removed if you wish. But you'd then have to re-attach when you needed to re-flash.

U

UxReDxRuM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah i got the xbox working the dummy that removed x clamps didn't put enought washers and board was hitting bottom of case. i removed motherboard and now its fine.

i have made the cableusing cat5 patch cable and db25 male. all i wanna do is host mw2 lobbies. andy info related will be appreciated. i found some tuts but picking which one to use is confusing. lol.

U

UxReDxRuM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
where do i get the xbr file and how do i install it on zephr board. i think this is the tut but not sure. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums//topic/156289-how-to-install-xbreboot-revised/

is xbr and xell the same? which should i use and where do i find it?

i downloaded xbins, nand compare and total command.

also in that tut it says

cd C:

what is the "cd" for?

do i need to have my external hard drive installed to my xbox to install the xbr software?

U

UxReDxRuM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i got hex editor changed the date as instructed in the tutorials. but now im unable to open nand in degraded 1.1. degraded shuts down and send error report message.i input hex in lb and checked the box changed start to 39 now the degraded stays on but can't read file any help?

eclipsegsxr

eclipsegsxr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cd stands for change directory. You can check your CB in 360 flash tool, there is no need to hex your nand to get that to open. There are plenty of tuts on installing xbr in the tutorials sub section: HERE

Top Bottom
Login
Register