I got ripped off!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Hitman88, Jul 28, 2009 with 5 replies and 425 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitman88

Hitman88 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi, i got my 360 modded a while ago. they also changed my drive to a liteon if that makes a difference. i didnt realise at the time that you dont really need to. it came with xbox backup creator and kreon tools. it worked alright at first but recently theres been some problems. recently released games like call of juarez: bound in blood and red faction: guerilla dont work properly. xbox backup creator says they fail the stealth check. i tried using abgx and the program said it was successful but all that comes up is a 360 logo when i try to play it. i was wondering if i flash my drive with ixtreme will i b able to play these games?

2. xbh1h2

xbh1h2 Getting There

Ratings:
    You didnt get "ripped off" He probably flashed it with ixtreme 1.5, which would have been the current firmware out at the time. If your going to try to boot wave 3 games, which your probably trying to, you will need to get flashed with 1.6

3. ddxcb

ddxcb Contributor

Ratings:
    or ix 1.51 or newer srry dude

4. OP
    Hitman88

Hitman88 Newbie

Ratings:
    Well im sure they put a modchip in. I dont know if they flashed the drive as well. in an case, even with a modchip i should be able to play recently released games if i flash the drive with 1.5 or later shouldnt i?

5. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There are no drivechips for BenQ or Lite-on, only Samsung and Hitachi. There are no modchips for the 360.

And for the drivechips in existence, they only serve as a firmware replacement for the drive anyway.

And if you have iXtreme 1.5 shouldn't it play those games? I have iXtreme 1.51 and it works fine.

6. OP
    Hitman88

Hitman88 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hmmm. if there are no mod chips for the 360 then they must have flashed the drive, presumably with ixtreme 1.4. in that case 1.6 ought to do the trick. cheers for your help