Question I got... hacked? Please help

• Thread starter jftmike
  • Start date
  • Views 4,119
J

jftmike

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been searching all around and it seems like if anybody would know how to help me, I would probably find them here.

So here's my story: I bought a PS3 and COD: Ghosts back in 2013. I played for a bit, then got caught up with life. Got married. Had kids. Here I am 7 years later, and I've got some free time on my hands. I decided to plug the ol' PS3 in and have some fun. I loaded up COD: Ghosts and started playing. Three months now I've been toiling away on multiplayer to rank up, and all I wanted was to get to Prestige 5 so I could get that golden knife. I ranked up one squad member, then another, and another, and another. I was to level 58 on squad member #5, hours away from my golden knife... then this happened.

I was playing a match last night, and some weird thing happened. I suddenly got kicked out to the multiplayer screen with a message that said something along the lines of "connection to host lost." I went back to "FIND GAME" and immediately landed in a game with a DLC map, I don't recall the name (I just purchased the season pass so I could play some new maps). I was floating up in the sky, and then I started flying straight up and down real fast, like someone hijacked my character and was having their way with me. Next, I see a bunch of other players up in the sky standing still shooting like crazy. I freaked out and didn't know what to do, so I jumped up and turned my playstation off and back on again.

Now it gets really, really sad. I load my game back up, go in to FIND GAME, and land in a normal game again. Everything was normal again, so I thought everything was fine... until I ran around and got some kills and ranked up... to PRIVATE. I immediately exit the game, and sure enough, my rank is at 2. I was mortified. I went into my squad, and ALL OF MY SQUAD MEMBERS are level 1. All my prestiges gone. Then I notice ALL of my squad points are GONE. I had earned a few in that game, but that's it. I had hundreds stacked up before because I never used them. So I start poking around some more to see what else I lost.. interestingly enough, all my challenges are suddenly " -1 / whatever ", but completed. I have all the patches, but lost my prestige patches. So I go into loadouts.. I still have all the things I purchased, but all the perks are locked out, and I either have to buy them or earn them back. BUT... I have ALL weapon camos, most of which I never earned. I immediately contacted Activision Support on FB Messenger, and they told me "sorry, the title is too old, we can't help."

And now, I'm so freaking sad. I've spent the past day trying to google and learn what happened to me and what I can do, and all I've gathered is that I must have wound up in some "hacked lobby" and they screwed me over. The only thing I remember from that hacked game is when it first loaded, some of the players had a clan tag "RUNU". I've tried searching that, but with no luck, hoping maybe I could pay them to give me back my stuff or something. I've worked months to EARN points, patches, perks, etc. and now I've got a bunch of crap I didn't earn, and all my stats are gone. I'm a military veteran, and in general, a person with morals. It disturbs me having a bunch of crap I didn't earn. I tried figuring out how to just reset and start over, but I can't even do that. Apparently, the only way to reset my COD: Ghosts is to rank up to Prestige 10, and THEN the game will let me reset... but now I rank at a snail's pace. I played for another hour or so after everything happened last night feeling so depressed, and because I can't complete any challenges, I rank and earn squad points soooo sloooow.

Can anyone out there please help me? Is there another way to reset my game fresh so I can start back at square one and EARN my ranks the right way? And more importantly, is there a way to be sure this never happens to me again? Do I need a firewall or something?

J

jftmike

Reaction score
Sin$
this will always happen in old games a modder will have a lobby set up so anyone can join and you either rank up real fast or you get de-ranked the only way to fix it is by another modder resetting you or you reset yourself.

Any idea how I can go about doing that?

Upvote 0
J

jftmike

Reaction score
Sin$
i don't think any people host modded lobbies for ghosts anymore on here but you can try to join a modded lobby again and rank up from there but there is a chance you could get a suspension for joining a modded lobby.

No, I don't want to "rank up." I want to reset my whole game and just start from scratch so the things I have are the things I've earned. Is there a way to just zero it out, like force the online system to just "forget" my progress so I can start over?

Edit: Also, I have no idea how I ended up there in the first place. I was just playing normal games online. I don't accept invites, I don't play any private matches, or any of the other stuff they warn about. That's why I don't get how this happened. If I could figure out how to get back there, I would have gone back and asked them to put me back to normal.

Upvote 0
J

jftmike

Reaction score
Sin$
just ask a modder to reset you there is no way to go back to the stats you have without editing every single thing.

Here's what's really messed up

1) People are able to mod the game and take over public lobbies so that unwilling participants like myself can just wind up in the wrong place at the wrong time and suffer like I have
2) The game developers are not doing anything to stop or prevent that
3) The game developers won't help people like me who are victims of their neglect and other's abuse
4) If I do what I have to do to fix it myself, I risk being permanently banned and not being able to play at all ever again
5) If I don't do anything, I'm stuck playing a game that's not even worth playing anymore because it's all screwed up
6) They'll likely shut down the PS3 servers before I ever even rank back up to where I was before I got robbed now I rank and earn squad points at a tiny fraction of the rate of any normal player

After spending $50 on the game, $60 on a season pass, and another $50 on other miscellaneous purchases for game content, I feel totally ripped off and super spiteful.

I'm a programmer, and while I know nothing about PS3, PSN, or how games and game servers work in general, I am just about angry enough to go figure it out. I was half tempted to set up a linux box between my ps3 and my modem and see what kind of packets I can capture. Gotta be a way to rewrite some packets or something.

How are all these other people doing this? Custom PS3 firmware with modded game files? I've been doing a ton of research for the past 2 days now, and all I can really seem to find is a bunch of ancient forum posts that are 5+ years old. I've found several programs that claim to allow you to host custom lobbies from PC and you just put in your PS3 gamer tag and it works without having to mod your console, but none of them work, they all link to spam. Then I found sites like this https://www.iwantcheats.net/call-of-duty-ghosts-modded-lobby-scam/ who talk about having some hack, but you can't actually download it anywhere. I just don't know where to even start. All I want to do is reset my stats. I don't care what I have to do to do it at this point.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register