What's new

Discussion I got a message from "Live"

UITMass

UITMass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't open it because, well, someone told me that it could be a hacker thingy/message. Did anyone else get it ?

Zakb009

Zakb009

Uni pride yo!
Retired
Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You mean a phishing email? Opening an email without clicking,downloading anything would not "hack" you.

Adv

Adv

GTA Guru
Premium
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm, way to be vague. If it was on Xbox and doesn't have a gamertag its from Xbox LIVE. They send messages like that, rarely, but they do.

UITMass

UITMass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm, way to be vague. If it was on Xbox and doesn't have a gamertag its from Xbox LIVE. They send messages like that, rarely, but they do.
So the person who sent me it had no Gamertag ? It was on the Xbox 360 itself. Got it today. Gamertag - LIVE

Kill Feed

Kill Feed

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So the person who sent me it had no Gamertag ? It was on the Xbox 360 itself. Got it today. Gamertag - LIVE
Can you show us a screen shot? Opening it won't do anything to you.

UITMass

UITMass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you show us a screen shot? Opening it won't do anything to you.
Didn't bother to take a screen, I deleted as soon as I saw. Maybe I was 1 of the few 100s ? Perhaps you guys will get it sometime in the future. I think the beginning started with " This Xbox Live..." and thats all I saw.

Mikasa

Mikasa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's nothing. They're just reminders and notifications. I used to get them on my alternate accounts.

XKLUTCHIN OUTX

XKLUTCHIN OUTX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't open it because, well, someone told me that it could be a hacker thingy/message. Did anyone else get it ?
It's not a bad thing. I recently got one from live saying my xbl was about to runout.

S

S7 B4LL3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah open it, it aint anything bad, Xbox sometimes send random mssg like dat like notifications, i once got a mssg with a MSP 240 :biggrin:

MrCoppa

XxYBzxX Coppa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
LIVE used to send you notifications all the time from this account, I don't see it so much anymore, but they still do use it. So no, it's not a message that's going to hack you if you open it.

ClarkeOne

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This thread made me >>
rolleyes.gif

Nate

Nate

Too Nasty
Experienced Veteran CotM Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I have never heard of "LIVE" sending someone a notification. It has never happened to me. Learn something new every day.

secretguy

secretguy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Possibly telling you about some promotion it's nothing, I don't know why you got worried and deleted it, that's a bit pointless.

remmnever

remmnever

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
DON'T OPEN IT!! YOUR COMPUTER WILL BLOW UP IF YOU DO!!

HAWK zer0

HAWK zer0

GTA V HOST
Frame In Gold Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
My friend sent me a message through live saying "thanks for using xbox live you will be shortly banned from using the services" or something like that it was more convincing the way he wrote it but I cant remember this was about a year ago. Anyways pint is he changed the name of the person who sent it to say xbox live don't know how don't ask??? pretty funny joke though :smile:

Flume

iFacebook

100% Unicorn
Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
I got it aswell it was just telling me that hulu is up and I can have 1 week trial

Top Bottom
Login
Register