• Thread starter Custom Obama
  • Start date
  • Views 3,606
Custom Obama

Custom Obama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now that sony and activision have partnered, i have a feeling there not going to give older cods backwards compatibility. Who knows? We have to wait to find out, i hope im wrong.

Modsz

Modsz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Activision is extremely stingy and will most likely not approve backwards compatibility without profit being made.

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably won't I wouldn't doubt it. I mean they are greedy b*stards. Not to concerned about it though.

ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer

HooHoo - Big Summa Blowout!
Reaction score
Sin$
If they don't give backwards compatibility permission I can imagine it's because there money grabbers OR they COULD be remaking one of the series for more profit.

Notorious Mayhem

Notorious Mayhem

Reaction score
Sin$
Activision COULD shut down the servers for COD but the games will still be here to stay.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it even Activisions/the developers say? From what I understand, the backwards compatibility is just a 360 emulation, so there's not much work to be done with it. If anything, it helps them by giving their games more life again.

Now I'm curious to know if Microsoft need permission. I never thought about that. If they do, let's hope they give permission.

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it even Activisions/the developers say? From what I understand, the backwards compatibility is just a 360 emulation, so there's not much work to be done with it. If anything, it helps them by giving their games more life again.

Now I'm curious to know if Microsoft need permission. I never thought about that. If they do, let's hope they give permission.
Yes, it is the developer's say. Microsoft has to have their permission to use the games for backwards compatibility, and that is why the current list of games is so minuscule.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, it is the developer's say. Microsoft has to have their permission to use the games for backwards compatibility, and that is why the current list of games is so minuscule.
Well damn, I never knew that. Let's hope it won't cause too many problems for the games.

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
If they don't have plans to release remastered versions of the previous CoDs, they'd be stupid not to allow backwards compatibility.

Custom Obama

Custom Obama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If they don't have plans to release remastered versions of the previous CoDs, they'd be stupid not to allow backwards compatibility.
True, but now that they teamed up with sony it may not happen

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Even though they've teamed up with Sony it would be a terrible marking move to not stay focused on the Xbox.

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Even though they've teamed up with Sony it would be a terrible marking move to not stay focused on the Xbox.
This exactly. They would lose money. Tons of people who play black ops II on the backwards compatibility would buy BO III.

Mob Zombi

Mob Zombi

Intelligence Is Mine
Reaction score
Sin$
I will be one pissed off gamer if they don't put all the old Cods on the list.

Custom Obama

Custom Obama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Craptivision is money hungry so i hope that means they will bring all the old cods back.

Prodigy

Prodigy

♥ Selena Gomez ♥
Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi Glitcher
Reaction score
Sin$
By allowing play on the Xbox One, more people may either 1) buy the game or 2) buy DLC for the games. I think it would be stupid of them not to allow backwards compatibility, unless of course they are planning on remaking the titles.

Abandon

Abandon

Despair and Darkness.
Reaction score
Sin$
Activision is a PUBLISHER. Xbox won't be asking them specifically. Xbox will more likely be asking Treyarch, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer rather than Activision. Xbox is talking to the developers of the games, not the publishers.

Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Activision is a PUBLISHER. Xbox won't be asking them specifically. Xbox will more likely be asking Treyarch, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer rather than Activision. Xbox is talking to the developers of the games, not the publishers.

No, Activision has the rights to the game. They need to get permission from them.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
is just a 360 emulation, so there's not much work to be done with it. If anything, it helps them by giving their games more life again.
This may be true about emulation, BUT if M$ is going to charge people to have memberships and the CoD franchise is going to be involved in the sense of backwards compatibility, I'm sure Activision has the right to allow or not allow unless they signed something giving M$ the right to make that call

Top Bottom
Login
Register