What's new

Solved i cant see laptop hdd on my rgh console

ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, i have a problem with my sata 2.5 hdd Hitachi 7K500 - 160 GB. I cant see it in Storage menu on my rgh xbox 360 slim. I tried ntfs and fat32 format, but nothing. Where can be the problem ? Thanks for help. (original hdd works fine)

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
In order to make a hard drive not made for the 360 usable on the 360, it needs to be flashed. Unfortunately only certain sizes are supported for this and certain hard drive models, and your's is not one of them. You can find more info here: [Click here to view this link]

ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last edited:
ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its not my first modding, but i have some problems with cpu postfix before, but now it looks fine, i have a resistance on cpu postfix pads, so i think its not problem with postfix anymore. So where can be the problem ? Wires install looks fine too. Why cant i load xell with eject button ? Xbox just started normally to the original xbox menu with eject button. Help me guys, thanks.

When i connect xbox to the power, only red light is shining, when i start xbox normally or with eject button, green light start shining, but only for two time blinks and then xbox is started, very fast, without cycling, and i see xexmenu like a corrupted file .. help me pls

Last edited:
ejv

ejv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried another x360 ace v3 chip, firstly without timing files, xbox wont boot, then i use timing files, xbox start very fast with green light blinking for two times, and i can see xexmenu like a corrupted files again ... pls help

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Im not sure whats wrong with your rgh and xell, youll probably get more answers if you make another thread for that topic.

However for the weird file you see in xell, yes thats what happens when your hdd isnt set up properly for the device your trying to use it on. If you f*** with that file youll likely turn your hard drive into a brick.

Look at what we posted above, in order to use an aftermarket hdd with an xbox you have to flash a new firnware to the hdd. Only certain models and sizes are supported and yours is not one of them. Theres nothing you can do about it and theres nothing more we can do to help on the subject.

TLDR: Your hdd is not supported for what your trying to do, if you keep messing with it youll likely brick the hdd.

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried another x360 ace v3 chip, firstly without timing files, xbox wont boot, then i use timing files, xbox start very fast with green light blinking for two times, and i can see xexmenu like a corrupted files again ... pls help
Your Consoles Isn't RGH, It's A Retail Console.

First Xex Menu Comes Up As A Corrupt File, Secondly When You Click Eject Button To Power Up It Doesn't Boot Xell Boots To Original Dashboard.

Did You Ever Read The Nand On The Console?

Did It Ever Boot Xell And You Got The Cpu Key Off It And Made A Xebuild Image To Write To The Nand?

Saw Both Threads And Looks Like You Just Solder The Chip And Assume It Was Already RGH.

Top Bottom
Login
Register