• Start date
  • Views 6,092
NerdysMods

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
well i updated a old computer to windows 7 from xp and my buddy told me it should be on xp for how old it is... so i downloaded a copy on windows xp iso from a torrent sight and burned the iso to a cd.. then put it the computer... but when it loads up it says install windows xp but i cant click on it...it wont let me.. why is it doing this

Operating System
  1. Windows
Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Simple fix:
  1. Open your BIOS screen during boot.
  2. Change boot priority to boot up from CD / DVD before booting from HDD.
  3. Save, reset your computer and insert your Windows XP disc.
  4. Let the disc load, press any button when asked to and install Windows XP without limitations.
This is caused by Windows 7 actually recognizing Windows XP, and because if Windows XP being older than Windows 7, they (Microsoft) don't want you to install it while Windows 7 is booted up.

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

Reaction score
Sin$
Simple fix:
  1. Open your BIOS screen during boot.
  2. Change boot priority to boot up from CD / DVD before booting from HDD.
  3. Save, reset your computer and insert your Windows XP disc.
  4. Let the disc load, press any button when asked to and install Windows XP without limitations.
This is caused by Windows 7 actually recognizing Windows XP, and because if Windows XP being older than Windows 7, they (Microsoft) don't want you to install it while Windows 7 is booted up.
Ok ill give that a try

Exploited

Exploited

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If Windows 7 came pre-installed on your pc then try this, On the setup of your bios choose the ATA instead of AHCI on the SATA configuration. Then apply the changes. Then insert your cd on the cd rom. Making sure you have chosen the cd as your first boot device. I had this error and this fixed the problem allowing me to install Windows XP.

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i change so it can boot from cd but i dosnt work...says setup is inspecting ur computer hardware configuration.... then it sits there for like 20 sec then restarts...and my computer dosnt have that sata configuration in the bios

InfectHead

-Kamil-

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Why not just keep Windows 7? As long as you have at least a 1.0GHz CPU, and 1GB of RAM, you should be fine. W7 is miles ahead of WinXP.

Top Bottom
Login
Register