Solved I cant install windows xp???

Discussion in 'Windows Support' started by NerdysMods, Mar 25, 2012 with 7 replies and 5,892 views.

1. NerdysMods

NerdysMods LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY

Ratings:
    well i updated a old computer to windows 7 from xp and my buddy told me it should be on xp for how old it is... so i downloaded a copy on windows xp iso from a torrent sight and burned the iso to a cd.. then put it the computer... but when it loads up it says install windows xp but i cant click on it...it wont let me.. why is it doing this

2. Senex

Senex ✅ Obsession Engaged

Ratings:
    Simple fix:
    1. Open your BIOS screen during boot.
    2. Change boot priority to boot up from CD / DVD before booting from HDD.
    3. Save, reset your computer and insert your Windows XP disc.
    4. Let the disc load, press any button when asked to and install Windows XP without limitations.
    This is caused by Windows 7 actually recognizing Windows XP, and because if Windows XP being older than Windows 7, they (Microsoft) don't want you to install it while Windows 7 is booted up.

3. OP
    NerdysMods

Ratings:
    Ok ill give that a try

4. Exploited

Exploited Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If Windows 7 came pre-installed on your pc then try this, On the setup of your bios choose the ATA instead of AHCI on the SATA configuration. Then apply the changes. Then insert your cd on the cd rom. Making sure you have chosen the cd as your first boot device. I had this error and this fixed the problem allowing me to install Windows XP.

5. OP
    NerdysMods

Ratings:
    Ok i change so it can boot from cd but i dosnt work...says setup is inspecting ur computer hardware configuration.... then it sits there for like 20 sec then restarts...and my computer dosnt have that sata configuration in the bios

6. OP
    NerdysMods

Ratings:
  7. OP
    NerdysMods

Ratings:
  8. InfectHead

InfectHead Strip the flesh, salt the wound!

Ratings:
    Why not just keep Windows 7? As long as you have at least a 1.0GHz CPU, and 1GB of RAM, you should be fine. W7 is miles ahead of WinXP.