I cant install arris modem

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by xxxhitmanxxx, Dec 8, 2008 with 6 replies and 369 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxxhitmanxxx

xxxhitmanxxx Getting There

Ratings:
    I have a Arris modem here Model: TM205G and ive lost the install disk. I cannot connect to the internet on my other computer and cannot setup my router without its connection. What do i do?

2. jimlfixit

jimlfixit Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cant you connect direct using an ethernet cable, then once connected configure your router. softwar is only required when using a usb cable. once you hooked up your modem restart your pc. ensure iit has an ip. keep repairing it until you get one that doesnt begin with 62.

scratch that mate. thought it was a cable modem. call your isp for another install disk.

3. OP
    xxxhitmanxxx

Ratings:
    Theres no local area connection set up for it and when i try to make one it wont work.

4. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The drivers aren't online so if you really can't find the disc then I guess you should try to contact ARRIS and see what they can do for you.
    [Click here to view the link]

5. jimlfixit

jimlfixit Enthusiast

Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Unless he made a mistake typing the model number and its actually TM502G not TM205G, then the drivers specific to that model aren't there.

If you did make that mistake and meant 502 not 205 then this is what you need.
    [Click here to view the link]

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    xxxhitmanxxx

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.