I can't connect to LIVE

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by I CrossBones I, Feb 8, 2009 with 29 replies and 819 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I CrossBones I

I CrossBones I Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok I've been posting on here about my 360 getting kicked off of LIVE randomly. I have yet to be able to fix it. Here lately Ive been getting disconnected off of MSN sometimes. But I think my problem with my 360 is that the ethernet port is messed up. It's either the ethernet port, my modem, or my phoneline.

What should I do?

2. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    1. unplug everything modem/router for 30 sec, replug with modem 1st, then router
    2. set xbox's ip/subnet to auto
    3. different port on modem if you have one.
    4. get a new cat 5 cable.
    5. clean contacts of xbox enernet port.
    6. send xbox off for ethernet port repair.

:frown:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    How do I do number 5, Ive tried the rest.

4. xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Go to your Rounters admin page. Make sure you add your xbox 360's mac address into the allow list. You can find your mac address in your network settings on the xbox. Access the router/modem by going to 192.168.0.1 (user name: Admin password:tongue:assword)

Source-
    Was getting kicked off randomly, added my 360's mac address, never kicked off again.:thumbup:

5. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    I can't find where to enter the MAC adress, I have a Linksys WRT54G. Can you see if you can find where to put it in?

6. xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Make sure it looks like that, then edit the mac filter list, put in your computers mac address and your 360's mac address. I know this says its for wireless, but since your using the router you need to set it to allow that mac address to use the connection.

7. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    I got that disabled. My whole wireless thing is disabled, but for sure it says Wireless MAC Filter Disabled.

Should I enable it?

8. xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah enable it. Since your using a router putting the mac address in there to allow for wireless should allow it to connect via Ethernet cord. Trust me it should work I did it to my linksys wireless router and I haven't been kicked off since.

9. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    But just to note that whenever it gets disconnected the light showing that my ethernet cord is plugged into the specified port labeled by a number, it goes off then comes back on every time I get disconnected. I tried plugging it in to my modem and it still disconnects so it cant be my modem or router. And yesterday when I plugged my Ethernet cord into my 360 and into my modem, the ethernet link light would blink on and off continuously.

10. xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    your Ethernet cable must be faulty, that or your Ethernet port in your xbox is fried. Try a new Ethernet cord.

11. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    I know its either the xbox 360 ethernet port, my modem(doubt it), or my phone line because it got cut and I fixed it but never got it totally fixed and my phone is staticy sometimes. So it most likely is phone, or possibly ethernet port on 360.

12. xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Maybe a recent storm surged your port? Last year I was playing 360 when a storm was going on outside, power went out, screwed both ports on my laptop and 360. Frieddd.

13. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    i had a similar prob. and i called my internet provider and they fixed the wire at the road for me

14. Jac0b

Jac0b More Dubstep

Ratings:
    try using a wireless adapter. they go through usb...

15. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    Well I dont have a USB thing. My dad cut the wire at my house and he didn't call before he dug so I think you can get fined for cutting the wire without calling.

16. I lI lI lII II

I lI lI lII II Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Do you have any other systems or online accounts? Because sometimes your internet provider only allow a certain amount of ip addresses to be used. My brother and I had that same problem and we ended haveing to make a static ip address. Also if you go back to the admin page of your router go to uPnP Fowarding and setup a spot for your xbox 360.
    [attachment=616:5/9/9/4/7/1326.attach]

1)Under application Put Xbox.
    2)Under Ext.Port put 3074
    3)Check the bubble UDP.
    4)Int.Port 3074
    5)IP address should be the last 3 digets of your IP.
    6)Check enable

If you dont know how to get your ip address go to start>run>cmd>and type "ipconfig" (without the quotes)

[attachment=615:5/9/9/4/7/1324.attach]

17. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    3074 is the upload port, and it is UDP... HOWEVER, 88 is the download port and it is UDP/TCP.

If you want more speed connecting to LIVE, Go to network settings, Set your xbox's ip to static (some number high like 192.168.1.149) and set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and the dns settings both to 192.168.1.1; PS, this also works for your computer. Go to network connections, and right click your adapter and go to properties, then left click Internet Protocol TCP/IP, and click properties and change the numbers to the same as the xbox, but with diff. ip. (also set the 2nd dns to 1.1.1.1 cause windows wont let you have both of them the same).

18. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    Ive got every port fowarded I need to. I think its either my 360, phone line, or modem. I got a Westell B90-210014 modem, but I need the power supply for it. I dont know where to buy one, does anyone have one I can get free from them?

19. ChiefJoboo

ChiefJoboo Getting There

Ratings:
    just look around your house for ac/12v plug because they're all usually compatible.

20. OP
    I CrossBones I

Ratings:
    Ya I looked but none fit it, i was gonna use my old modem's supply which is 12 volt but it doesn't fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.