I can no longer play a certain dvdR on my 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by steezyS, Feb 6, 2009 with 1 replies and 343 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steezyS

steezyS Newbie

Ratings:
    I have played this disk type before maybe 3 weeks to a month ago and it worked just fine. Just yesterday I tried to play a dvd on this type of disk and it didn't work, it wasn't because it was dirty or scratched it just wouldn't register that the disk was there. I tried the other one that I have already played on my 360 once before and it wouldn't read that one either. Unless there were other special updates with the last one that was on tuesday for the HDMI, I don't think that it was that because I don't use HDMI, but I don't know.

The disk type is Sony DVD+RDL version 1.1/2.4X and it is 8.5 GB.

I have considered that it might be because it is Sony, but I have played one of these disks on my 360 before as I previously stated. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing these problems, but if anyone has any information it would be great.
    Thanks. :biggrin:

2. xchueyx

xchueyx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sony blows my friend. Big time. For all we know they are making it anti 360 proof. But anyways on a real note, I tried playing Sony DVDR's on my 360, and it failed. Not to mention burning the dvd on my computer was a ***** to get done. Same goes for music cd's. Now im not saying that they arn't good, but think about it, who makes the 360? Microsoft. What is the main Program running on pc's Windows, who makes windows? Microsoft. Its inevitable my friend. Sony is anti microsoft.:thumbdown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.