I can' get my armor to change in my H3 film

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by MODGOD, Nov 7, 2008 with 13 replies and 676 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MODGOD

MODGOD Newbie

Ratings:
    I bought a Antec hard drive reader and I took my HDD out of the 360 and slid it into the drive reader. I heard that will work since it's basically a laptop hard drive. I recorded a short film,named it recon,and saved it to the hard drive. Then I took out hard drive and put it in the drive reader to my desktop. I open up Halo3 toybox and click xplorer 360.I go to partition 3, find my film and then I type in my gamertag for it to find. Then I hit Ctrl G and go 45 from the begining of my name. I change the 05 05 05 to 03 03 03 then save it. Open up toybox film editor and change armor to recon and update it. Then I open the rehash and click rehash.Next I open up resign and click resign. I take the drive out, put it back in 360 go to the film hoping to see recon, but every time nothing has changed.:cursing: My questions are : I don't see why I have to change the armor code if I'm changing it in the toybox film editor and actually see it change to recon. Also when open up the rehasher it just pops up in its own little box. Does it automatically know what needs rehashed. Last question do I have to put the new map back on the hard drive or did it ever come off the hard drive in the first place. P.S. I dont know if this the correct forum to ask about this, if it is not I'm sorry ,just let me know.:cool:Thank you Frabar and S y N I K a L for welcoming me !!:cool:

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It doesn't always change. If you want it to always change, start a game by yourself and use that film.

Also, clips don't ever work either.

3. OP
    MODGOD

MODGOD Newbie

Ratings:
    What's the difference in a clip and a film?:huh: The films I made where just me on Foundry Canvas with Hayabusa armor. :huh:biggrin:o you see anything wrong with the way I'm doing it or is it correct?

4. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    you should seriously start putting your 1st grade knowledge to use and use the search button cause search does not mean "stare at aimlessly," so please use it

there are multiple reasons why a film will not modify
    1 - you didnt have the film saved by the host, you need that film
    2 - you had mark VI on, you cant have all mark VI or else it wont work
    3 - you cannot modify a film clip, we dont know why, but you must mod a film not a clip
    4 - sometimes they just dont work oh well

5. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    Don't quote me for this, but you supposedly can't mod films anymore.
    Would check myself but have better things to do than prove people wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  6. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I think an explanation for this would be that clips reference data stored from the film they were captured from to display the armor.

Films haven't changed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. T3AB4GG3R117

T3AB4GG3R117 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you couldn't mod films anymore to have recon or flaming helmet then one of the following must have happened:

A) Bungie prevented ALL modded con files from being run.
    B) Bungie removed flaming and recon from their server.

None of which have happened.

8. OP
    MODGOD

MODGOD Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey Furrball, for your (stare at aimlessly) abbreviation to make sense, the word "search" would have to be "saa". It's okay for you to be ignorant, and it's okay for you to be arrogant.It is not ok for you to be both at the same time.If you can't write anything informative in a mature,civilized manor, you should stay on Myspace with your gay furry a$$!!!! We are all know dumber after reding your comment:?

9. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Because you're being so mature right?

According to your logic, you should also be on MySpace too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    good flame, please point a link to me on the rules that say i cannot be arrogant
    dont flame, im sorry i hurt your girly feelings enough (which im gay and even IM not that girly) to respond like that because you know its true that you couldve simply use the search button, but whatever
    please do not flame, me being a furry or gay has nothing to do with this topic, which is kinda hipocritical when you call me ignorant then huh? not to mention your statement didnt even make sense, whats "saa" mean?
    else anything further than this, i will be reporting ;p best of luck to you
    ~ DJ Shepherd

11. T3AB4GG3R117

T3AB4GG3R117 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Its a really bad idea to flame DJ, especially after him, and the rest of us are trying to help you. I would suggest you apologize to him VIA PM, and continue the topic if you have further questions.

I believe he was abreviating Stare At Aimlessly.

12. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    just drop it, no need to linger this on and on

13. T3AB4GG3R117

T3AB4GG3R117 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I wasn't attempting to "linger it on", I stated that he needs to use the PM system if it isn't relevant to the topic.

14. Krafty

Krafty I ♥ asian women VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Seems also hypocritcal when you start off with: "you should seriously start putting your 1st grade knowledge to use and use the search button cause search does not mean "stare at aimlessly," so please use it." Maybe you should learn a bit of respect before telling anyone on here what to do, cause clearly you lack solid communication skills. I don't care if you don't have any outside of here, but in here, you better learn some cause we both know I've put up with your crap for sometime now. And to see that I've been away for a while and you still kept this attitude is a shame.
    In this case, I would just be repeating myself. If someone is giving you a hard time, report them and move on. Ignore their reponse, and only pay mind to those who do put maturity and civil manners in their post, but you flaming back does not prove one statement in that post.

You both really do need to grow up, and you've had plenty of time to do so.

Until then,
    Closed.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.