What's new

Solved I am about to buy a Used PC... should I?

• Thread starter apoel1986
  • Start date
  • Views 815
apoel1986

apoel1986

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i am about to buy a PC from a friend and i was wondering if you could spare me any tips?

any addon's?
any suggestions?
will it perform well with new games?
should i change the graphics card?
motherboard?

Code:
gtx 650 gpu
cpu amd fx 6100
motherboard asus m5 a97 r.2 0
power supply 600 w

cheers

EpicMeatWad69

EpicMeatWad69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, what you have there is a minecraft PC. Any modern games you will expect to play on low or not at all. That GPU is weak sauce, that CPU is okay if you don't care about Ultra settings (you should overclock it. Get something like 770 or if you have the dough get a GTX 970. Or for AMD mid range would be my GPU, the 280x. If you can get the 290. That motherboard is decent as well. What brand of Power supply is it? Also how much RAM?

Last edited:
apoel1986

apoel1986

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, what you have there is a minecraft PC. Any modern games you will expect to play on low or not at all. That GPU is weak sauce, that CPU is okay if you don't care about Ultra settings (you should overclock it. Get something like 770 or if you have the dough get a GTX 970. Or for AMD mid range would be my GPU, the 280x. If you can get the 290. That motherboard is decent as well. What brand of Power supply is it? Also how much RAM?
8 GD of RAM and i don't know the brand of the power supply

p.s. it plays Far Cry 4 on Medium quality

apoel1986

apoel1986

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
400 EUROS with a screen+mouse+keyboard
i will use it mailny for games...
+
8GB of RAM &
SSD of 120GB
HDD of 1TB

EpicMeatWad69

EpicMeatWad69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
400 EUROS with a screen+mouse+keyboard
i will use it mailny for games...
+
8GB of RAM &
SSD of 120GB
HDD of 1TB
What would help us is if you went here: http://pcpartpicker.com/ and picked out all the hardware that you currently have including the case etc and you can get a baseline of the retail price of all these parts to see if you're overpaying. after that I would suggest a GPU upgrade depending on your PSU and your expectations as far as playing games on Ultra or medium.

iFrostys

iFrostys

PC Master Race | Stay Frosty!
Reaction score
Sin$
I doubt you'll get much better for 400 euros, if it's in good condition then go for it.

P.S: He's your friend so try and haggle him to 350 or less then you'll be getting a good deal.

EpicMeatWad69

EpicMeatWad69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I doubt you'll get much better for 400 euros, if it's in good condition then go for it.

P.S: He's your friend so try and haggle him to 350 or less then you'll be getting a good deal.
I agree, unless your expectations are higher than what that rig will do for you you'll be fine.

Nou

Nou

Sarcastic Scotsman #2
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
No, the CPU is far too crappy. I had a board with a 6100 FX and it just went insane, constantly crashing the PC. Took the **** back and got it replaced and it just kept capping so I got an i5 and it works fine now..

EpicMeatWad69

EpicMeatWad69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes that's called a DOA and it happens, I have an 8350 running 4.8Ghz just fine on an Asus MOBO. The 6 core AMD is just fine for what he's looking for.

ItsAmplix

ItsAmplix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That build out of the Box should be okay on medium settings. But your not going to run battle field 4 on ultra with that . And you don't need to upgrade your CPU it's going to be just fine with a more powerful GPU running at ultra settings . Not manny games on the market use more than 2 CPU cores any way so your better off spending some pocket change on a new GPU and PSU . My personal opinion

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That isn't entirely true. I have a 660 and it runs almost everything on their highest settings. Just because it isn't a brand new GPU doesn't mean much. If anything he may have trouble running some of the newer games like GTA when it comes out since the recommended GPU, is a 660. But he should still be able to play it on High settings.

apoel1986

apoel1986

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well I finally bought the PC and I am very satisfied with the games that I am capable of playing (Dying Light/Far Cry 4/PES 2015/Payday 2/Mordor).
But I want to play GTA V when it comes out. Will it run smooth?
Any additions to it?

EpicMeatWad69

EpicMeatWad69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well I finally bought the PC and I am very satisfied with the games that I am capable of playing (Dying Light/Far Cry 4/PES 2015/Payday 2/Mordor).
But I want to play GTA V when it comes out. Will it run smooth?
Any additions to it?
If it runs dying light then I'm 200% sure it will run gta V, remember a 360 can run it.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow. Just wow. A minecraft pc? Yeah if you plan on running 3 minecrafts at 1080p at the same time with 16x MSAA!
I have a 550ti and I can play almost everything on high. Well maybe not all of the newer games, but I can run bf4 at medium so that's something. A 650 is faster than my card, also the cpu in the op's pc is better so if it's not too expensive it's a great gaming pc in my opinion!

Top Bottom
Login
Register