What's new

Tutorial HWID Ban: Change UUID and Serial of AMI BIOS Motherboard

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This tutorial shows you the steps I've taken to successfully bypass the HWID ban received in Warzone.
I have already done this 3 times, so I know it works. Follow the steps are you should bypass it too.
For the following steps, all the commands entered are with quotation marks.

What is a HWID ban?
Your computer has multiple parts in it that contain information such as a serial number.
Game companies use this information to generate a finger-print of your computer.
Most of them calculate a hash using hand picked ids from whatever part they want to use.
This usually happens the first time you log into the game, and they store it on their server.
When you are hit with the good old BAN-HAMMER, they flag your computers finger-print.
That means, if you make multiple new accounts and your HWID is still the same, those accounts will be flagged as well.

What can we do?
Without knowing exactly how Warzone generates your HWID hash, we can only speculate.
In most cases, if you change one piece of hardware on your computer, say the motherboard.
The hash before and after the swap would be different. That is because they use a combination of ids.
If they were smart, they should store all your hwid separate, and check each one.
Based on what I've done to bypass the ban, I'm pretty sure they just hash over a few of your computers ids.
So, all we need to do is change one or more of the ids they use to generate the finger-print.

Step 1: Removing the files.
There are files that Warzone and Battlenet store on your computer to track you.
We need to remove these files before attempting to sign into your new account.
Download the batch file I made from [Click here to view this link] and save it anywhere you want.
Right-click on the file and choose Edit as you will need to update two things.
You will need to change the locations for CODFOLDER and DOCSFOLDER to match your system.
The CODFOLDER is where the game is installed on your computer, aka the installation directory.
The DOCSFOLDER is where the game's documents folder is saved on your computer.
After that, just press File/Save, and then right-click the file again and hit run as administrator.
Look below for a detailed image that shows the correct way to input the location.
Look below for the source of the batch file, if you want to make it yourself instead of downloading it.
Open notepad, paste in the source, go to File/Save, change "Save as type" to "All Files" and "File name" to "wz_trace.bat", and save it.

These locations are from my computer. You need to use the locations from your computer.
1619731832503.png

Code:
powershell -Command "[Environment]::GetFolderPath('MyDocuments') | Out-File 'docspath.tmp' -Encoding ascii"
set /p MYDOCS=< docspath.tmp
del docspath.tmp

taskkill /IM Agent.exe /F
taskkill /IM Battle.net.exe /F
del ".\main\data0.dcache"
del ".\main\data1.dcache"
del ".\main\toc0.dcache"
del ".\main\toc1.dcache"
del ".\Data\data\shmem"
del ".\main\recipes\cmr_hist"
rmdir /S "%MYDOCS%\Call of Duty Modern Warfare"
rmdir /S "%localappdata%\Battle.net"
rmdir /S "%localappdata%\Blizzard Entertainment"
rmdir /S "%appdata%\Battle.net"
rmdir /S "%programdata%\Battle.net"
rmdir /S "%programdata%\Blizzard Entertainment"
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment" /f
reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Blizzard Entertainment" /f

Step 2: disk drive serial numbers *NEW
Warzone now logs the serial numbers of all your disk drives.
There is no simple way of changing the actual serial number, that I know of.
You will need to replace all the hard drives inside your system.

The amount of serials you change will depend on how many your have installed.
First, download volumid HERE and extract the files to the root of your C: drive.
Next, type "CMD" in the windows search bar, and right click CMD and choose Run as Admin. Then type "cd C:/" without quotes.
From here you will be changing the volume ids of every disk except your main C: drive. Ignore any USB drives you have.
So, on my pc I have 4 drives in total (c, d, e, and f) I changed all of them except for C: because it can lead to problems with windows.
All you have to do is type "vol drive:" and this will show you the current id for that drive. So if you type "vol d:" it will show the id for drive d.
Next just type "volumeid drive: id", but change some of the numbers so it is different. When I did it for d the original was "E0B8-65B8", and I typed "volumeid d: E3B2-21B4"
As long as you have downloaded volumeid and placed it in your C:/ folder, you should get a message say it was updated.
You need to do that for every drive you have excluding your main c: drive.

Zl2zR9S.png

Step 3: Change the mac address of your network adapter
Go to Settings/Network and Internet on your computer, and click on "View hardware and connection properties" at the bottom.
Write down the physical address (MAC) of your connection. Ethernet for hardwire or Wi-Fi if you are using wifi. It will look like this (51:e2:63:2e:be:b4)
After that, go back to the Network and Internet menu, and click on Change adapter options.
Right-click on your connection, choose Properties, and then choose Configure.
Go to the Advanced tab, look for Locally Administered Address and click on it. Select "Value" and enter your NEW MAC address in the box.
Just change a few of the numbers/letters in your original address (0-9, A-F). Don't include the colons. It should look like this (51e2632ebeb4)
Click OK and you are done with that. Open up CMD again and type "ipconfig /release" hit enter, then type "ipconfig /renew" and hit enter.
That should update your network with the new MAC address.

nrarWo0.png

pzg79uS.png

Step 4: Finding the correct drivers to use with your computer.
This is the hardest part because everyone has a different motherboard. It doesn't work for everyone.
Search google for a Lenovo computer that closely matches what is inside your computer.
For example I searched for Ryzen 2700 Lenovo since I have a Ryzen 2700 processor.
I was able to use the drivers from this M715s Desktop from Lenovo.
Make sure you use the official Lenovo site and not some fishy driver site. (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/)
Once you find one you think is close enough, search google for it's drivers. I search for (Lenovo M715s Drivers)
If you can't find anything, you might as well try THIS one, I've used it multiple times and it worked.
Go to the Drivers and Software page, choose BIOS / UEFI, and download the one that says, "Flash UEFI BIOS update (Flash from operating system version)."
After you download it, run the installation, choose Extract Only, and save it to a folder somewhere on your computer. I put it in "Downloads/drivers"
Check that folder for a file named "AMIDEWINx64.EXE" that is what we will be using in the next step. Assuming you are on windows x64.

Important (Read):
For some reason, unknown to me, the changes you make using the windows version don't stick for everyone.
After you make the changes, restart your computer, open CMD back up, and run the commands 'wmic csproduct get "UUID"' and 'wmic baseboard get "SerialNumber"'.
If one or both of them reverted back to your old values (why I said to write them down) then you will have to use the UEFI / BIOS version.
I have included that tutorial at the bottom of this one, the method differs depending on if your computer has a UEFI or BIOS.
I personally, had to use the UEFI version, as my UUID would reset back to the original, but my serial number would stick.

CR2fcVf.png

Step 5: Changing your motherboard UUID and Serial
Open up CMD as Admin again, navigate to the folder you just extracted the package to in the step above.
In the command prompt, you have to use "cd location" to change directories, and if it is on a different drive you have to enter drive: before.
Mine is on my e: drive, so I first had to enter "e:" then I entered "cd E:\Users\Seth\Downloads\drivers".
Once your are there type "AMIDEWINx64.EXE /SU /BS" to display your current UUID and Serial Number.
If you see "Default String" that just means the vendor didn't include a value for that, and you don't need to change it.
Copy both of the results down, so you can use them to verify if the ids actually changed.
Now just change both of the values, keep them the exact same length and layout as the original one. Just change a few number, and don't include the 'h' at the end.
All you have to do is type "AMIDEWINx64.EXE /SU ID" for your UUID, and "AMIDEWINx64.EXE /BS ID" for your serial number.

For example, if your UUID shows up as A4DE1E80936CFB21394FACEF8A16E006h
You would enter the following to change it "AMIDEWINx64.EXE /SU E4DE1E80006CFB21394FACEF8A16E116"
Same length as the original, just without the h at the end of it, and with randomly changed numbers/letters.

You can also have it generate the UUID for you by typing "AMIDEWINx64.EXE /SU auto" which I do because it is easier.
Do not try to use auto with the Serial Number (/BS), it only work for the UUID.
After that just restart your computer, and run the first command again to see if your IDS changed.

pfRSOpP.png

Step 6: The end
One last thing, you will need to change your Account Name and Computer Name.
Account name can be changed by going to Control Panel/User Accounts/User Accounts/Change your account name.
Computer name can be changed by going to Settings/System/About/Rename this PC.
After that you are finished, go ahead and reinstall BattleNet, but do not sign into your banned account.
There is no saving your account, if you were banned, throw it out the window and never touch it again.
If you decide to sign into it for whatever reason, you will have to go through this entire process again.
Sign into a non-banned account, and locate Warzone and let it Update to fix the missing files.
When you load the game, if it tells you "Update Required" don't press Exit, instead press ALT+F4.

This process worked for me, hopefully it works for you.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, but make sure you read everything first.

What you need:
[/B]
    • USB Drive formatted to Fat32
    • AMIDEEFIx64 compatible with your motherboard
Step 1: Getting the AMI Utility (AMIDEEFI)
For this you need to know exactly what processor or motherboard you have.
I have a AsRock X470 motherboard flashed with a bios that is compatible with Ryzen 3000.
So from there, I will look up a lenovo computer that has an AsRock motherboard or a Ryzen 3000 CPU.
I searched for "Lenovo Ryzen 3600" and found: ThinkCentre M75s. Next look for the drivers for the computer.
I searched for "ThinkCentre M75s Drivers", it was the first result. Choose Manual Update and Select BIOS/UEFI under Components.
You should get one result found, click on it and you'll see a list of downloads. Like this:

D2cgbeN.png

Look for the package that says, "USB drive UEFI BIOS flash package" and download it.
If the computer you are looking at doesn't have that package, you can try the M75s.

jHjSJPN.png

Step 2: Format your USB Drive to FAT32
Open the File Explorer and go to "This PC" Right-Click your USB Drive and hit Format.
Choose FAT32 and Hit quick format. It will erase everything that is on the USB Drive.
After the format is complete, place all the files inside the zip you downloaded in Step 1, onto the USB.

Pf0VnKs.png

Step 3: Booting into EFI Shell
Restart your computer, and press whatever key it is for the Boot Menu, mine is F11.
In the Boot Menu select the USB Drive, if there is two, choose the one that says UEFI.
Press ESC immediately when the message Press ESC in 5 seconds to skip... appears onscreen.
If you are having problems getting to the EFI shell, try searching google for your motherboard and error.

Step 4: Changing UUID and Serial Number.
If you booted into the EFI Shell without any problems you should see: "Shell>" in the console.
Run the command: AMIDEEFIx64.efi /SU /BS (That will display your current values.)
Change the Serial Number with the command: AMIDEEFIx64.efi /BS XXX (Replace XXX with the modified serial)
Change the UUID to all F's with the command: AMIDEEFIx64.efi /SU FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Change the UUID with the command: AMIDEEFIx64.efi /SU XXX (Replace XXX with 32-Hex digit id)
You can also run: AMIDEEFIx64.efi /SU AUTO and it will automatically generate you a new UUID.

Side Note: Did your UUID reset to original?
I'd suggest just using the AUTO command above, as it seems to be the easiest way.
If you restarted your computer and the UUID reset to the original, try following this.
You can check your UUID in CMD with the following command: wmic csproduct get "UUID"
I was able to change my UUID without it reverting using the link above and this version.

Step 5: DOS Version
If the zip file you download doesn't contain "AMIDEEFIx64.efi" and has "AMIDEDOS", follow this.
The process is similar, but instead of formatting the USB Drive to FAT32, you need to download the program called Rufus.
Use Rufus to format the USB Drive, and select FreeDos for the Boot Selection. Leave everything else default.
Extract the files within the zip onto the root of your USB Drive, after you used Rufus.

tqoSgeO.png

After that restart windows and press what ever key it is for the Boot Menu.
Choose the USB Drive, if you see both USB: and UEFI: make sure to choose USB.
You should load into the DOS environment and be able to use the console.
Follow Step 4, but replace "AMIDEEFIx64.efi" with "AMIDEDOS.exe"

Last edited:
I

IwiLLHuRtU

Reaction score
Sin$
Just finished and now am fully un-HWID banned! Playing the game and it's great as ever!

K

kikisif346

Reaction score
Sin$
Initializing the SMBIOS interface. Please wait a moment......
Error:The size of UUID is too long.
d6 - Error: No OEM Data blocks found in ROM file.

Please Help (Change UUID)

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Initializing the SMBIOS interface. Please wait a moment......
Error:The size of UUID is too long.
d6 - Error: No OEM Data blocks found in ROM file.

Please Help (Change UUID)

This is within the readme.txt file provided:
* /SU [16 Bytes] Read/Write system UUID.
16 Bytes This parameter MUST be 32-digits hexadecimal value.

You are most likely not using 16 bytes. There is a lowercase "h" at the end of your UUID. That stands for "hex values" it is not part of the UUID.
You original UUID could be 78889bc3802b77a251443f02764b2d0a but cmd will show 78889bc3802b77a251443f02764b2d0ah don't include the h.
If you are including the "h" at the end, then the id you are passing to the program is 33-digits long, which is where the issue will be.

Last edited:
CallMeAqua

CallMeAqua

Reaction score
Sin$
This is within the readme.txt file provided:
* /SU [16 Bytes] Read/Write system UUID.
16 Bytes This parameter MUST be 32-digits hexadecimal value.

You are most likely not using 16 bytes. There is a lowercase "h" at the end of your UUID. That stands for "hex values" it is not part of the UUID.
You original UUID could be 78889bc3802b77a251443f02764b2d0a but cmd will show 78889bc3802b77a251443f02764b2d0ah don't include the h.
If you are including the "h" at the end, then the id you are passing to the program is 33-digits long, which is where the issue will be.
I'm having the same problem but i did it without the h and it still says Error:The size of UUID is too long, and i checked and it is only 32 digits

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having the same problem but i did it without the h and it still says Error:The size of UUID is too long, and i checked and it is only 32 digits
Can you send me a screenshot of cmd when you get the error in a private message?

Edit: tutorial updated removing “ID=“ from the commands.

Last edited:
W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am unable to download DSEFix , is anyone else having this issue?

W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When I attempt to to use /SU or /BS I get the error below. Am I doing something wrong or will this method not work on my mobo?
"
Platform checking......
da - Error: System doesn't support.
"

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
When I attempt to to use /SU or /BS I get the error below. Am I doing something wrong or will this method not work on my mobo?
"
Platform checking......
da - Error: System doesn't support.
"

Not exactly sure what that error means but most likely it means you aren't on 64 bit windows, or your bios isn't made by AMI, or if it is AMI then it isn't compatible with AptioV.

W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not exactly sure what that error means but most likely it means you aren't on 64 bit windows, or your bios isn't made by AMI, or if it is AMI then it isn't compatible with AptioV.

In my sytem info it says Windows 10 64 bit and BIOS is American Megatrends Inc. I will keep trying

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
In my sytem info it says Windows 10 64 bit and BIOS is American Megatrends Inc. I will keep trying

If you are on Windows 10 x64 then your motherboard isn't compatible with AptioV. There are other versions like Aptio4 and AMIbios 8.
I was only able to find the version for AptioV. You'll have to look for another version, but the process is still the same.

Also, let me know what motherboard you have, I may be able to help.

Last edited:
C

corey brown

Reaction score
Sin$
You know if my motherboard is compatible how do i find out if its AMI?

Gigabyte Z370P D3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You know if my motherboard is compatible how do i find out if its AMI?

Gigabyte Z370P D3 LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
Just look up the specs of your motherboard and you’ll see: “Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS.” That doesn’t mean its compatible with this version of the program. You’ll have to try and find out that way. I found another version all post after work, maybe that will do the trick.

W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just look up the specs of your motherboard and you’ll see: “Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS.” That doesn’t mean its compatible with this version of the program. You’ll have to try and find out that way. I found another version all post after work, maybe that will do the trick.

I see, ill try the other method when you get a chance to post. Thanks for the help

W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does that mean you tried the current version and it didn’t work?

Originally I got this error

"
Platform checking......
da - Error: System d"

But now I am getting a windows pop up saying that the program is not compatible with my computer.

Top Bottom
Login
Register