What's new

Tutorial HWID Ban: Change UUID and Serial of AMI BIOS Motherboard

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You dont understand, I fully reset my PC before doing this method ( meaning everything on my pc was wiped, like a brand new PC with nothing installed). Meaning battlenet or MW was completely wiped. I did not install battlenet and MW until i changed me uuid and serials.

Well if you are still getting shadow banned then the anti-cheat is detecting something other than your uuid and serial.
My best guess is that if you reset windows, instead of reinstalling (deleted partition and installed), some ids didn't change in the registry.
Or, you signed into your banned account, before signing into the freshly made account.

Another person had said: "They use tracking files in your pc to ban your accounts...this game leaves a good amount of **** in your registry."
So once you log into a banned account, those files are already on your computer, signing into a new account after will flag you.

This was posted on a different site, which is why I wiped my windows installation.
Code:
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare\main\data0.dcache
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare\main\data1.dcache
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare\main\toc0.dcache
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare\main\toc1.dcache
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare\Data\data\shmem
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare\main\recipes\cmr_hist
- Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- %localappdata%\Battle.net
- %localappdata%\Blizzard Entertainment
- %appdata%\Battle.net
- %programdata%\Battle.net
- %programdata%\Blizzard Entertainment

I did the following before installing the game and battlenet.
  1. Changed the MAC Address of my NIC.
  2. Called my ISP and requested them to change my IP Address. (This might not be required.)
  3. Changed the UUID and Serial of my motherboard. Follow the guide above. (If your ids keep resetting, I would do 3 after 5.)
  4. Completely erased 3 of the 4 disk drives installed in my pc. Yes, I deleted windows off the drive.
  5. Reinstalled windows onto a different drive than previously before. I did not buy a new ssd, I kept the 4 I already had.
  6. Installed Battle.net and Modern Warfare to a different driver than previously before.
  7. Created a new account on both Blizzard and Activision.

If you did the following, you shouldn't get shadow banned. Removing everything they can track and starting fresh is the way to go.

N

Nefar69

Reaction score
Sin$
Well if you are still getting shadow banned then the anti-cheat is detecting something other than your uuid and serial.
My best guess is that if you reset windows, instead of reinstalling (deleted partition and installed), some ids didn't change in the registry.
Or, you signed into your banned account, before signing into the freshly made account.

Another person had said: "They use tracking files in your pc to ban your accounts...this game leaves a good amount of **** in your registry."
So once you log into a banned account, those files are already on your computer, signing into a new account after will flag you.

This was posted on a different site, which is why I wiped my windows installation.
Code:
- %appdata%\Battle.net

2. Called my ISP and requested them to change my IP Address. (This might not be required.)
  3. Changed the UUID and Serial of my motherboard. Follow the guide above. (If your ids keep resetting, I would do 3 after 5.)
  4. Completely erased 3 of the 4 disk drives installed in my pc. Yes, I deleted windows off the drive.
  5. Reinstalled windows onto a different drive than previously before. I did not buy a new ssd, I kept the 4 I already had.
  6. Installed Battle.net and Modern Warfare to a different driver than previously before.

If you did the following, you shouldn't get shadow banned. Removing everything they can track and starting fresh is the way to go.
Im going to wait until this upcoming saturday to see if im stioo shadow banned. Some guy on youtube said that if u buy the full game then they instantly remove the shadow ban. Might do that, but im giving it a week to see first.

Code:
- %appdata%\Battle.net

Im going to wait until this upcoming saturday to see if im stioo shadow banned. Some guy on youtube said that if u buy the full game then they instantly remove the shadow ban. Might do that, but im giving it a week to see first.

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

I wouldn't trust a random youtube video, nor would I waste another $60 or whatever just to end up banned.
I would wait until you have been able to play at least a week before I would buy it again.

C

corey brown

Reaction score
Sin$
Tried the your method and im no longer shadow banned installed my os on the same drive but installed cod to a different one also my ids did stick will post if i get banned thanks :smile:

A

Asad Zahid

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,
I really appreciate your help in this matter but I am having problems. I tried all your methods of writting the serial and uuid but when i check my serial and id with this (wmic baseboard get "SerialNumber") it shows up the old serial without me even restarting my computer. Its as if it does not want to change or save.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Code:
- %appdata%\Battle.net

What I did:
Changed HWIDs
Reinstalled BattleNet and Modern Warfare on a new drive
Created a new BattleNet/Activision Account

What I did not do:
Reinstall Windows

What Happened:
Shadow Banned

Conclusion:
YOU MUST REINSTALL WINDOWS FOR THIS TO WORK
I know the tutorial said this, but I cant bring myself to reinstall windows for a single game.

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
What I did:
Changed HWIDs
Reinstalled BattleNet and Modern Warfare on a new drive
Created a new BattleNet/Activision Account

What I did not do:
Reinstall Windows

What Happened:
Shadow Banned

Conclusion:
YOU MUST REINSTALL WINDOWS FOR THIS TO WORK
I know the tutorial said this, but I cant bring myself to reinstall windows for a single game.

I got myself a separate drive for all things documents, so reinstalling windows is easy and I don’t lose anything. I just keep windows and installed programs on my C: drive. I also have another drive just for games. Took me like 30mins to do a fresh install and be back where I was. I know everyone’s pc is different though.

C

corey brown

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i think the windows is the thing here because mine was working yesterday not working anymore ill try again but this time ill switch my windows

I

IwiLLHuRtU

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i think the windows is the thing here because mine was working yesterday not working anymore ill try again but this time ill switch my windows
You were shadow banned? What happened? Pm me I'm trying to figure out this too lol

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

If you get shadow banned after restarting the game, the anti-cheat has detected flagged data and flagged your new account.

The game uses values in your registry (dunno which ones), and it also saves tracker files inside the installation directory and in your appdata/programdata/documents.
It most likely uses your UUID, Serial Number, Mac Address, and Disk Drive Serial Numbers (maybe all, maybe just the windows drive), I'm not 100% sure to be honest.
The easiest thing to do is completely wipe windows, to remove all tracker files and registry data, then change your unique ids.
Seems like the people who didn't wipe windows are the ones still getting shadow banned, or who used the same drive for windows.
All I can do is tell you exactly how I was able to bypass the ban and continue playing on a new account.
If you do it a different way, and it doesn't work, I don't know what you want me or anyone else to tell you.
Try again I guess?

Edit: New info

I figured out a way to permanently change your UUID. I will update the tutorial tomorrow.

Last edited:
C

corey brown

Reaction score
Sin$
Just reset my windows and moved drive and my ids that i changed are still there i used version 3 does this mean its permanent for me?

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Just reset my windows and moved drive and my ids that i changed are still there i used version 3 does this mean its permanent for me?
If you restart your computer, and then checked your ids again, and they were the new ids, then it should be permanent for you.

C

corey brown

Reaction score
Sin$
just finished downloading cod and windows for a third time and i think im calling it quits i dont think im doing anything wrong ive changed ids and windows and accounts and switched drives but this time i got shadow banned instantly i did download the game through blizzard with one of my accounts that was shadow banned but didn't start it once. It was just so i could download it before i got a new account started the game on a new account and insta banned

i appreciate the help tho :smile:

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
just finished downloading cod and windows for a third time and i think im calling it quits i dont think im doing anything wrong ive changed ids and windows and accounts and switched drives but this time i got shadow banned instantly i did download the game through blizzard with one of my accounts that was shadow banned but didn't start it once. It was just so i could download it before i got a new account started the game on a new account and insta banned

i appreciate the help tho :smile:

If you sign into your banned accounts, at any time, you flagged yourself.
Blizzard saves account data on your computer when you sign in.
In the first post I explained what I did to bypass the ban going on two weeks now.

Here is what I did in the exact order.
  6. When creating a windows account, I used a different name than what I had before the wipe.
  7. Installed Battle.net and Modern Warfare to a different drive than previously before.
  8. Created a new account on both Blizzard and Activision.
I also said the following: "It's that simple. Do not, for any reason, log into your banned account after following those steps."

If you followed that 100% then you shouldn't get banned again.

N

Nefar69

Reaction score
Sin$
So after waiting out my shadow ban, i have been unbanned today! i was hwid perma banned and after 5 days, im fully unbanned. Thank you for your help! Ill update this if something goes wrong and i get banned again but so far im good!

C

corey brown

Reaction score
Sin$
Atm im unbanned not by time but ive reinstalled all the stuff again but every time i change my UUID it changes most of it but it reverts some of it back will i still be good as not the whole UUID is reverted but like 5 hex codes allways gets replaced with my original
Post automatically merged:

example
: B4 14 2E 4E 99 AC 15 11 EF DD EB 5F 01 DA 2C 01 (OG)

: B4 E6 2E BE 99 AC 15 11 EF 80 EB C0 BB 84 A4 08 (NEW)

So after waiting out my shadow ban, i have been unbanned today! i was hwid perma banned and after 5 days, im fully unbanned. Thank you for your help! Ill update this if something goes wrong and i get banned again but so far im good!
did you use the same account you was shadow banned on after a week when you got unbanned or did you make a new one?

Last edited:
N

Nefar69

Reaction score
Sin$
Atm im unbanned not by time but ive reinstalled all the stuff again but every time i change my UUID it changes most of it but it reverts some of it back will i still be good as not the whole UUID is reverted but like 5 hex codes allways gets replaced with my original

example

did you use the same account you was shadow banned on after a week when you got unbanned or did you make a new one?
I made a new account after changing my serials. I think the only reason i got shadow banned is because i logged in my old account which was shadow banned so it shadow banned my new account. However all shadow bans usually end in a couple days.

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
example

If any of the values change, that is good enough. You see they grab a bunch of unique ids and generate some type of hash with them.
They use that hash to keep track for your accounts hardware. Even if you were only able to change one digit, the hash would be different from the original one.
If the anti-cheat detected anything, you would be shadow banned after the first restart of the game.

Last edited:
C

corey brown

Reaction score
Sin$
If any of the values change, that is good enough. You see they grab a bunch of unique ids and generate some type of hash with them.
They use that hash to keep track for your accounts hardware. Even if you were only able to change one digit, the hash would be different from the original one.
If the anti-cheat detected anything, you would be shadow banned after the first restart of the game.
yea i did get shadow banned after the first restart then i just went back to my ssd signed into an account that was shadow banned a couple days ago and for some reason even tho i just got shadow banned it worked and i havent been shadow banned on it yet and its been unbanned for a whole day now after many restarts. I dont understand but i guess im unbanned now and i still get to use my ssd so thats cool

N

Nefar69

Reaction score
Sin$
Just an FYI, the command line method is permanent (aleast for me). Did another clean install today because my pc was acting up. Checked the ids and they are still the new serials i used. Im pretty confident that there is no need to download battle net or MW to a different drive. I installed MW this time to my SSD. And i am not shadow banned or anything. This is the same SSD i got hwid perma banned with too.

Top Bottom
Login
Register