What's new

Tutorial HWID Ban: Change UUID and Serial of AMI BIOS Motherboard

C

checco94

Reaction score
Sin$
do someone have the AMIDEEFIx64 for MSI MPG EDGE Z390 AC?

J

Jimmyyyyyy

Reaction score
Sin$
You said all you did was change your UUID and Serial Number. That is not the only thing you need to do to bypass a HWID ban.
If any accounts get shadow banned, after a HWID ban, that is due to them detecting your HWID being used on a different account.
The tutorial on my original post, shows you exactly what to do. Simply changing the uuid and serial wont do anything.

They log registry keys, tracer files, and hard ware ids to track profiles.
Re-installing windows, removes registry keys and some tracer files.
Re-installing the game (100% delete), removes the remaining tracer files.
Changing your MAC Address, swaps one of the HWIDs.
Changing your UUID/Serial, swaps more of the HWIDs.

If you don't follow the tutorial, and just follow the changing UUID/Serial part, you will most likely get banned again.
Did you change your windows key when you reinstalled windows? I have an OEM licence attached to my motherboard so its not as simple as unlicencing windows.

Edit: I have also now reverted to Win10 from Win11 and can no longer complete step 5 as typing in
"AMIDEWINx64.EXE /SU /BS" doesn't return anything?

Edit 2: Im an idiot, I solved my edit. My first query remains though. If I was to update my product key, would this change my windows ID?

Last edited:
S

Sgt_rimmer

Reaction score
Sin$
So a quick update. It turns out my UUID change didn't stick in the end. It reverted back after the second reboot, so back to square one.

This time, I did everything again, plus upgraded to windows 11 with a clean install and format of the C drive. The idea being to change the UUID each time I start the PC, before loading into warzone.

The first night I managed to install blizzard/warzone etc and played for several hours with no issues. After one reboot, I'm shadow banned, even though I changed the UUID before starting the game.

Does this mean the trackers are constantly searching for UUID, and even if the game isn't running, they can register a banned one and flag it up? In this case the only solution would be to find a permenant way to change UUID, right? Or delete all tracer files before shutting down?

A

ArnWikle

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, nice write up, iam currently HWID banned on warzone I just run spoofer to bypass it, but I'd like to be able to play without running 3rd party software, is it possible to change my HWID by changing my Motherboard and GPU. Would I still have to run through some processes above? Thanks

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, nice write up, iam currently HWID banned on warzone I just run spoofer to bypass it, but I'd like to be able to play without running 3rd party software, is it possible to change my HWID by changing my Motherboard and GPU. Would I still have to run through some processes above? Thanks

If you change the hardware, of course the ids will be different.

I

IxTama

Reaction score
Sin$
Initializing the SMBIOS interface. Please wait a moment......
e0 - Error: Fail to initialize SMBIOS.

Any fix for this? thanks!

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Initializing the SMBIOS interface. Please wait a moment......
e0 - Error: Fail to initialize SMBIOS.

Any fix for this? thanks!

Yeah, find a different version like the tutorial says.

I

IxTama

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, find a different version like the tutorial says.
Sorry I forgot to mention that this version worked for me on first try but now I'm trying to change serials because I'm banned again but now I'm stuck with this error. So should I still find another version or?

O

OneMan

Reaction score
Sin$
if someone can remote in and do it for me im willing to pay for your time and services

D

DJEyecon

Reaction score
Sin$
GRINSPANKER13 GRINSPANKER13

Sir! Such a plethora of information here. Thank you for taking the time to write and update this method.

I've read all 15 pages, twice. lol. I've tried multiple versions of Lenovo loaders, OS side and shell side. I have zero issue changing the serials, however when I restart, they always reset.

My MB is an ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard

I've seen a few comments about dumping the Bios on the MB and using a Hex tool to change serials.

twecker twecker can you please elaborate on your ASUS method? I honestly do not want to ask for help with this, lol, but after around 5-6 hours I'm spinning my wheels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated gentlemen. Thank you for your help!

G

gimmiridimmi

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everybody, i tried all the methos but still i can t change my UUID and serial numbers
There are my specs:
ASUS Z390E Gaming
I7-9700K 3.60Ghz
i tried with Lenovo's with similar specs like P330 or T730 but still nothing. Any help?

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
GRINSPANKER13 GRINSPANKER13

Sir! Such a plethora of information here. Thank you for taking the time to write and update this method.

I've read all 15 pages, twice. lol. I've tried multiple versions of Lenovo loaders, OS side and shell side. I have zero issue changing the serials, however when I restart, they always reset.

My MB is an ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard

I've seen a few comments about dumping the Bios on the MB and using a Hex tool to change serials.

twecker twecker can you please elaborate on your ASUS method? I honestly do not want to ask for help with this, lol, but after around 5-6 hours I'm spinning my wheels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated gentlemen. Thank you for your help!

Yes, it seems like ASUS motherboards always reset. Only way to do it is by dumping your BIOS and using a hex editor to manually change the ids.

G

gimmiridimmi

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, it seems like ASUS motherboards always reset. Only way to do it is by dumping your BIOS and using a hex editor to manually change the ids.
Yes i did this and i think is the only way possible for ASUS, it works for SN and UUID aswell!

Persistence

Persistence

Verified Seller
Verified
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm using a Razer Blade 15 any suggestions on what I should use for the bio's I used the method of searching for Lenovo & came to the conclusion that the best fit for my system would be the Legion 7i but the problem is I can't seem to find the drivers for the legion 7i as it's software based installation can't find no UEFI / Bios flash for the USB i just wanna play some cod on my laptop any suggestions would be awesome.

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'm using a Razer Blade 15 any suggestions on what I should use for the bio's I used the method of searching for Lenovo & came to the conclusion that the best fit for my system would be the Legion 7i but the problem is I can't seem to find the drivers for the legion 7i as it's software based installation can't find no UEFI / Bios flash for the USB i just wanna play some cod on my laptop any suggestions would be awesome.
Doing that method he said, is just not correct.
You can easily redownload your correct firmware as even an updated or older version would have different values than your current system.
Even if they checked the hash it would be different. You should be fine with changing the version without needing some random firmware and hoping it works.

Persistence

Persistence

Verified Seller
Verified
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Doing that method he said, is just not correct.
You can easily redownload your correct firmware as even an updated or older version would have different values than your current system.
Even if they checked the hash it would be different. You should be fine with changing the version without needing some random firmware and hoping it works.
Just updated my bios from 1.04 to 1.06 now everything should function as expected correct?

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just updated my bios from 1.04 to 1.06 now everything should function as expected correct?
It should. You should always use software meant for your hardware. I guess if you think a completely different bios will help you change it at your own risk of things not working properly. But changing the version of the bios to another bios would be the same as changing the bios version because it's only changing the hash. But you can also just change the id's of the bios to accomplish the same goal of spoofing the id's.

GRINSPANKER13

GRINSPANKER13

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It should. You should always use software meant for your hardware. I guess if you think a completely different bios will help you change it at your own risk of things not working properly. But changing the version of the bios to another bios would be the same as changing the bios version because it's only changing the hash. But you can also just change the id's of the bios to accomplish the same goal of spoofing the id's.
You must have understood the method. The software you need "AMIDEWINx64.EXE" enables OEM manufacturers to change SMBIOS data after the BIOS has already been flashed. The only reason why anything related to "BIOS Flashing" is in the tutorial is because Lenovo includes the utility in their BIOS Flash packages. There are certain versions of the utility that only work for specific AMI versions. That is why you would need to find a package for a computer that closely resembles your own computer. You are not flashing a different BIOS and no one said to change anything related to "bios version", you are changing specific SMBIOS table data (uuid and serial number).

If you are talking about the ASUS method of editing your BIOS. I did not provide a tutorial, but I know it works as I have seen it done.

Regards.

Top Bottom
Login
Register