What's new

Tutorial Hudcolour.Dat TUT (Health and Armour) etc....

Zenkto

Zenkto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, sorry for the basic TUT i am nooooooob :rolleyes: But. I have thrown a few posts around in the past and had no look, either people didnt know. Or people didnt post o_O anywhere. here we go:

This is for GTA IV ORIGINAL only.

1) Open HudColour.dat in notepad.

2) For the gun image on your screen (top right). To make this Green for example, we would edit:

HUD_COLOUR_WHITE
-R- -G- -B-
255 255 255

TO

HUD_COLOUR_WHITE
-R- -G- -B-
0 255 0

Because (of course):
-R- = Red
-G- = Green
-B- = Blue

All the colours in this file form PURE_WHITE to STARDARK will equal to something on your HUD.
So to edit your Health and Armour, just edit HUD_COLOUR_GREEN for your Health and HUD_COLOUR_BLUE for your Armour.

And if your thinking, Where can i find colours? just look here:
http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

Any questions feel free to ask. I'll help as much as possible.

I would like to thank ChrisTuffurlo9l for showing me how to do this. And for the link for the specific colours.

ADAM IS MAGICAL

VaN heLsEr247

Enthusiast
Mr. Nice Guy Seasoned Veteran Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the great tutorial +rep. Too bad that there is no rainbow colour code (I rember seeing it somewhere).

Zenkto

Zenkto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
:O Not one hate? :rolleyes: Well theres a first for everything! haha Thanks for the feedback guys.

Token

Token

Godly Sinner
Administrator
Content Team
Hidden Devils
Grammar Nazi Frame In Gold Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks tom... i now know how to do this <3

eXtReMe MoDd3r

eXtReMe MoDd3r

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can u put any colour code in there or can it only be 255 of one colour

Zenkto

Zenkto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There could be a couple of possibilities. on the pc version. i changed HUD_COLOUR_BLUE LIGHT and BLUE because i couldnt decide which was which, and i thought blue was the one.... so sorry if it was wrong :smile: same with the armour too :smile: or as somebody said ^^^^ clear your cache. that may be the issue Thanks to all for the great feedback :biggrin:

ChrisTuffur

ChrisTuffur

The GTA Expert
Experienced Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I see my work is helping out in the community! Thank you Zenkto for posting this:smile:

gtaiveflcking

gtaiveflcking

Reaction score
Sin$
thank u all u do is change the numbers right none of the txt for the health cause i change mine to blue so would i hav to change the txt that say make it green to make it blue or just leave the txt alone

Zenkto

Zenkto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No edit to the text necesarry,the text is to tell you what it is your editing eg: WHITE - is all the in game text, icons etc on your HUD, that are white, to change these to 'green' for example, it would go as above. for blue you simply change the 'B' to 255 rather than the 'G'. Hope i helped, need further help, message me on xbox. i am very rarely on it, so hope you catch ,e at a good time. GT: ST1G93 hope i helped.

S

snickyB

Reaction score
Sin$
how do people get the colors in their health and armor bars to fade? Such as they make a green health bar that fades into white towards the map.

Top Bottom
Login
Register