What's new

How will the Xbox Live Update Preveiw Program affect GTA IV modding for me?

• Thread starter nkjellman
  • Start date
  • Views 841
N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering how will the Xbox Live Update Preveiw Program affect GTA IV modding. I decided to join the program and test out the new dashbord early. If I use mods (that are stelth patched) on GTA IV when I'm doing this will Microsoft detect that I'm using mods? Also they said that when and if your Xbox freezes they take info about what happend. Will Microsoft detect that I'm modding if my Xbox freezes due to the beta dashbord, or the mods?

Edit: I play my mods by hotswapping, I'm not on a Jtag, or a flashed xbox.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering how will the Xbox Live Update Preveiw Program affect GTA IV modding. I decided to join the program and test out the new dashbord early. If I use mods (that are stelth patched) on GTA IV when I'm doing this will Microsoft detect that I'm using mods? Also they said that when and if your Xbox freezes they take info about what happend. Will Microsoft detect that I'm modding if my Xbox freezes due to the beta dashbord, or the mods?

Edit: I play my mods by hotswapping, I'm not on a Jtag, or a flashed xbox.
I doubt anything will happen. If you had a flashed xbox 360 that would be another story. Since you are hotswapping you should be okay.

stevo9871

stevo9871

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They are more interested in working out kinks and bugs in the new dash then about your GTA4 mods, they leave that to the feedback system to handle.

PCMasterRace

PCMasterRace

Glorious
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe lay low because they will be paying more attention to your account so if you have many system tampering complaints they may take action.

N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well they could just be paying attention to my Xbox, because I can still use the new dash bord on other accounts that I didnt sign up for the program. But this program may get Microsoft to do something about freeze cars, because dickheads will be freezing people in the program, and it will affect the results for GTA IV.

(This may bring out a patch for GTA IV/EFLC)

But say my Xbox freezes because of my mods. Will they know it's my mods that caused it and not the dashbord? I also hope Microsoft wont detect my disc. Maybe my modded discs will work on the beta dashbord with out hotswapping or flashing because maybe Microsoft didnt implment the security for burned discs.
Off topic:
Also Im a nicer modder. I spawn cars for people and let them ride in my car, and take them up RTH and let them jump out. I dont think anyone will report me, as I have been modding this game on Xbox 360 for over a year. I do it because it's new content for me to play with well waiting for a new GTA game.

stevo9871

stevo9871

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The beta dash still has all of the security checks still in place with the possibility of even more security checks so not there is not way you will be able to just plop your burned GTA disc in and play it.

N

nkjellman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The beta dash still has all of the security checks still in place with the possibility of even more security checks so not there is not way you will be able to just plop your burned GTA disc in and play it.
Thats what I think, but who knows Microsoft may be lazy lol.

But I hope I wont get banned for using my mods with the beta version. Info about your console is sent to Microsoft, and what happend to cause a crash if it happens.

Top Bottom
Login
Register