What's new

How to view R* server files (403 forbidden bypass)

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Below are multiple files off of the Rockstar servers. I will update these very often, so be sure to check back often to see what all modding opportunities you have!
You can type any specific link from Rockstars servers into your browser to view that file. Copy and paste into notepad++, format, and save as the right kind of file and you can host it on your server under the same path as it was on their servers.
If you want a specific file, or are having trouble finding a specific one, just ask me for it. If any files below are outdated, or there are more files that I can add to the list, please let me know, as well as the link to Rockstars servers where I can find them.
Downloads
Includes news.json, all en.json and .dds image files for each loading screen, and a txt tutorial
More to come later...
Information
tunables.json - we all know what this is I think (God-mode, RP, Cash, etc). Updated as of 12/28/13
Loading Screens Pack - this is a pack of all of the loading screens. This includes the news.json, all en.json and .dds images for loading screens, and a .txt file tutorial on how to edit your loading screens. Added and last updated on 12/28/13. Related post HERE
commerceData.xml - Contains info on what is in the Online Store (Cash Pack descriptions, images, names, etc). Ps3 version has been added next to it as per user request.
Virus Scans
Please let me know when any files in this post are outdated, or there are any other files that I can put on here.

Last edited:
Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am currently working on getting an archive together of all of the newswires. This will include the news.json, all of the en.json files and .dds images for each individual tip. This will make editing them so much easier. If you would like a tut on how to edit newswires using USBwebserver, let me know and I will make one!

S

seamik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am currently working on getting an archive together of all of the newswires. This will include the news.json, all of the en.json files and .dds images for each individual tip. This will make editing them so much easier. If you would like a tut on how to edit newswires using USBwebserver, let me know and I will make one!
My tutorial has covered the topic of editing the newswire, but it sounds like all your doing is going straight to the link in your browser?
"You have to tell me the path to go to, but if you give me that, I will give you a file. " You can just type the path into your browser and get the file.

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My tutorial has covered the topic of editing the newswire, but it sounds like all your doing is going straight to the link in your browser?
"You have to tell me the path to go to, but if you give me that, I will give you a file. " You can just type the path into your browser and get the file.
That is what I am doing is getting the files. I am going to get more than just newswires and tunables in the future, but right now I am getting all of the stuff off of their server and into one archive. Since there are a ton of tips, getting the en.json and .dds files for each newswire will take some time.

And by a tut, I meant you told them what they need to know to edit the newswires, but if someone were to need a step by step tutorial on how to do it (making folder structures, adding .dds plugins to photo editor, etc) I would help them. I am sure your tut is enough, but I am just giving people options here.

P.S. The part you bolded was if they found a directory but couldn't get in due to 403 forbidden errors, I would search for files in there. Just trying to shine some light since finding stuff on their servers is like playing baseball in the dark.

S

seamik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is what I am doing is getting the files. I am going to get more than just newswires and tunables in the future, but right now I am getting all of the stuff off of their server and into one archive. Since there are a ton of tips, getting the en.json and .dds files for each newswire will take some time.

And by a tut, I meant you told them what they need to know to edit the newswires, but if someone were to need a step by step tutorial on how to do it (making folder structures, adding .dds plugins to photo editor, etc) I would help them. I am sure your tut is enough, but I am just giving people options here.

I personally have just about every newswires file, but I don't see how that serves any purpose really.

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally have just about every newswires file, but I don't see how that serves any purpose really.
I was just going to put it up there incase someone wants files already done and in correct folder structure. If they don't, then oh well, but someone might find this very useful. I am not doing this on just newswires, it's just this is what I am currently on. Once I'm done with this, I will move on to something else. I'm not trying to steal attention away from your thread, just making an all-in-one

S

seamik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was just going to put it up there incase someone wants files already done and in correct folder structure. If they don't, then oh well, but someone might find this very useful. I am not doing this on just newswires, it's just this is what I am currently on. Once I'm done with this, I will move on to something else. I'm not trying to steal attention away from your thread, just making an all-in-one

I'm not worried about my thread, I was just curious as to a reasoning for the file itself. Your attention might be better place on missions though, as that could help out people with going into them using tunables.

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not worried about my thread, I was just curious as to a reasoning for the file itself. Your attention might be better place on missions though, as that could help out people with going into them using tunables.
That will be my next one then I suppose.. Thanks for the tip

B

boo srgant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hi, could you tellme the news file structure i would need put on own server to mod the newswire msg

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hi, could you tellme the news file structure i would need put on own server to mod the newswire msg
I will have a complete archive done within a few hours if you want to see that, but basically, if you already have a USBwebserver set up, then you already have titles/gta5/xbox360 set up. If not, set that up. Then inside of xbox360 folder, make another called news. Inside there, put my news.json file from in the post.I am not sure if this will work, but you can try to open in it notepad++ (or notepad) and edit the name at the end. For example the first line at the end says "EVENT_December_2013".

Then make a folder from the root of your server (folder just before titles) and add global/sc/news in there in that exact structure. Inside news, you add a folder for each newswire, like "EVENT_December_2013" for the one from above and inside would be the en.json and .dds files for that. I will upload the en.json and .dds files sometime here.... If you want to get them by hand go to prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/global/sc/news/NAME_OF_NEWSWIRE(like EVENT_December_2013)/en.json. To get the .dds files, look in that en.json text and at the end there should be a path to the file. It should be numbers up front and then some words following. Just replace the "en.json" part at the end of your URL with the end of the link i.e. prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/global/sc/news/NAME_OF_NEWSWIRE/DDS_PICTURE. If you do that right you will get a prompt from your browser to download the .dds.

To put them on your USBwebserver, in the root make the following chain of folders globals/sc/news and in the news folder make a folder for each newswire i.e. EVENT_December_2013. Inside those folders you put the en.json file and .dds image for that specific newswire. Make sure the names of the folders match the name they have in the news.json file at the top. You can edit the .dds and en.json to say whatever you want and have the picture you want.

In the end, your file structure should be root of server/titles/gta5/xbox360 with a news.json file in it, and the other directory is root of server/global/sc/news and in there is a folder for each newswire. Inside each newswire folder is a en.json and a .dds picture.

B

boo srgant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks for the reply just need en.json file when put address in bar says cant find the address

HOEKILLA28

HOEKILLA28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
would it be possible to mod story mode vehicles to online again using json somehow maybe json code for garages????

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks for the reply just need en.json file when put address in bar says cant find the address
Which en.json file? Each newsletter has a en.json file containing all of the text and path to the image, and a .dds file which is the image.

I can give you one real quick if you just want to mod one or two of them...

GlitchParadise

GlitchParadise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you found weather yet? I heard it's there but haven't found it

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Download this RAR File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a33k6im0w696d1q/global.rar and extract the files. Copy the starting folder (globals) and paste into your root directory. Then you should now have root/global/sc/news and 4 folders inside there each with a en.json and .dds file. Edit what you want in the en.json file, such as text in the body, etc. and you can edit the .dds image or create a new one and replace it using a .dds plugin for Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, etc. Use Google if need be. Please note that if you edit the .dds file in any way, the size is regulated in the en.json file, so you will have to go in there and towards the end there is a size for the .dds image.

If you only want those 4 to show up in the online loading screens, then get the news.json from in the main post and make the following folder structure in the root of your server: titles/gta5/xbox360 and put the news.json in there. You may already have this folder structure set up if you were using the tunables.json bypass. Open the news.json in notepad++ (or notepad, but prefer ++) and there are about 20 - 30 strings. If you open it in notepad, it may be all in one string, so use notepad++ if you can. At the end of each string, you will see some name. Find the 4 names that correspond with the 4 folders in the global/sc/news directory and keep those 4 strings, but delete the rest.

Now as long as your server is running it should be working. If pictures or text doesn't show, try to look through the files and see if you missed anything. If you can't find it out, just ask for help. 
Have you found weather yet? I heard it's there but haven't found it
What is the file called exactly?

Top Bottom
Login
Register