What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Tutorial How to use Xbox one/series Controllers on RGH/JTAG Xbox 360

• Thread starter Andrew Tate
  • Start date
  • Views 14,848
Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Tutorial Creator Services Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Disclaimer: Not My tutorial, found this over at consolemods.org with credit to Octal450 Octal450 & InvoxiPlayGames

Enabling UsbdSecPatch in DashLaunch​

Note
You have to re-plug the adapter after the system is completely booted.
  1. Make sure to have a USB controller adapter or generic controller that supports XInput. Most will generally work.
    • A Magic-Ns adapter from Mayflash is a good option. The Lite version can only sync wireless controllers.
  2. Put the adapter into XInput mode and pair your controller with the adapter.
    • If you have Smart TV with Bluetooth, turn off your TV during pairing process.
    • You have to pair only once.
    • You can use an unofficial controller's home button to access the Xbox's guide.
    • Works with original Xbox games.
    • You will need separate adapters for multiple controllers.
    • Some early Xbox One controllers (Models 1567 and 1697) are RF only. You can't use them wirelessly, but can be used while plugged into a wired USB adapter.
  3. Download [Click here to view this link] and copy to it to your hard drive.
  4. Add the patch as Dashlaunch plugin.
    • launch.ini should contain this: [Plugins] plugin1 = Hdd:\UsbdSecPatch.xex
    • If you already have some DashLaunch plugins, you can put the patch in your desired plugin slot.
  5. Done!

Patching the NAND to have UsbdSecPatch​

1. Make sure to have a USB controller adapter or generic controller that supports XInput. Most will generally work.
    • A Magic-Ns adapter from Mayflash is a good option. The Lite version can only sync wireless controllers.
  2. Put the adapter/controller into XInput mode and pair your controller with the adapter.
    • If you have Smart TV with Bluetooth, turn off your TV during pairing process.
    • You have to pair only once.
    • You can use an unofficial controller's home/guide button to access the Xbox's guide.
    • Works with original Xbox games.
    • You will need separate adapters for multiple controllers.
    • Some early Xbox One controllers (Models 1567 and 1697) are RF only. You can't use them wirelessly, but can be used while plugged into a wired USB adapter.
  3. Download and open up [Click here to view this link].
  4. Add your flashdump.bin NAND backup in the Load Source section in Jrunner.
    • If you don't have your NAND backup already, you need to dump your NAND in order to add the patch. You can go here for a NAND dumping tutorial on an RGH/JTAG Xbox 360.
  5. On the top right of Jrunner, navigate to the XeBuild section and click the patches tab.
    • Make sure to check for and add any patch you might need/want for your JTAG/RGH system, like SMC+ for RGH 1.2.
  6. Click Create XeBuild to make your patched NAND image.
  7. Now all you need to do is write your patched NAND to your Xbox 360, either using XeLL or Simple 360 Nand Flasher.
    • If you are using XeLL, copy your updflash.bin file to the root of a USB drive and cold boot into XeLL using the eject button. XeLL will automatically flash the NAND for you.
    • If you are using Simple 360 NAND Flasher, copy updflash.bin next to where the program's executible is located. An example would be Usb:/apps/Simple 360 NAND Flasher/updflash.bin. You can also copy the flash file and NAND Flasher program to the internal drive if you wish.
      • Open 360 NAND Flasher in your preferred dashboard, like Aurora/Freestyle3/XeXMenu
        • Press the A button to flash the NAND.
  8. Done!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
R

Ratchet_Russian

Reaction score
Sin$
I had no idea this was possible. Will definitely try it out.

I'm surprised I never stumbled upon this before because I searched for exactly this and just came to the conclusion that it's not possible. Extremely useful now that the 360 is so old and the controllers are all wearing out.

P

Proxied

Reaction score
Sin$
Works perfect, thanks for the share, very handy since I bought the console without controllers!

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Andrew Tate Andrew Tate

Thank you for your wonderful contribution!

Although the resource (Jrunner w/ Extras) you are linking is on Github, per our forum rules - please provide a Virus Scan for all downloadable files and update your thread with the Virus Scan result(s) at the bottom of your thread.

Furthermore, regarding the “Pin Worthiness” of this tutorial, please include photos/videos of the aforementioned tutorial for your pin request to be reconsidered.

Thank you!

M

mythic01

Reaction score
Sin$
I imagine the 3.5mm audio output on the Xbox One controller will not work with the 360 though, eh?

L

leathan

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow so cool - thanks for sharing!

Sorry if I am totally wrong but if you have an Xbox one controller that has not been updated it works with the 360.

I have a black xbox one controller I do not update for that reason but I am going to try this and see if it works with the others that are.

Important edit: I'm using a magicx dongle thingy but if i update it stops working nonetheless

Last edited:
Robertkopp

Robertkopp

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey lads, I'm kind of new to owning a modded 360 and it for some reason refuses to accept the trusty cronus max controller converter and everything I throw at it,
not even in the original dashboard.
I had a little scroll through the googles and only this thread popped up, so I went ahead and did load the patch and modified the launch.ini.
But it still does not accept any of my xinput controllers. No 8bitdo wired or with dongle, no pdp joypad and not even the raspberry pico with gp2040ce.
It totally accepts flash drives tho, so the usb bus is not busted or something.
Any ideas what's wrong with this console?

It's a late 2008 model with older variation of rgh I think and it has the latest aurora dashboard.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey lads, I'm kind of new to owning a modded 360 and it for some reason refuses to accept the trusty cronus max controller converter and everything I throw at it,
not even in the original dashboard.
I had a little scroll through the googles and only this thread popped up, so I went ahead and did load the patch and modified the launch.ini.
But it still does not accept any of my xinput controllers. No 8bitdo wired or with dongle, no pdp joypad and not even the raspberry pico with gp2040ce.
It totally accepts flash drives tho, so the usb bus is not busted or something.
Any ideas what's wrong with this console?

It's a late 2008 model with older variation of rgh I think and it has the latest aurora dashboard.
Try the magic INs adapter I linked in the post, I am currently using that and it works great just have to pair it correctly. Also if your Xbox one controller is older it does not support blue tooth if you’re trying to connect wirelessly it only supports RF which may also be your problem. I’d recommend getting the magic ins adapter with both wired and wireless support it is not much more in terms of cost also please make sure the usbsecpatch is set as a plug-in in your dash launch

Last edited:
Robertkopp

Robertkopp

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey thanks for the quick answer. I think I have to have failed at applying the patch.
I did edit the ini files in the system folder. But I just found the one in the hdd1 folder.

Got it working. I just did not think about the fact that hdd1 must be the root for all the scripts. I'm a total noob with modding a xbox360.
Seems like I'm ready now to try installing a new system from scratch.

Last edited:
K

kryptoxide

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having trouble getting this working, green light=xinput, plugin is loaded, unplugged and replugged adapter on startup, Bluetooth paired xbox one elite 2, no buttons work.

I

itsandyfs

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you guys happen to know if knock-off Xbox One controllers that have their own USB receiver will work?

M

MrCoolAndroid

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this work if I have a wired USB Xbox One/Series controller? (Without using Magic NS)

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate

Hidden Devil
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this work if I have a wired USB Xbox One/Series controller? (Without using Magic NS)
need an adapter like the Magic NS I believe
Post automatically merged:

I'm having trouble getting this working, green light=xinput, plugin is loaded, unplugged and replugged adapter on startup, Bluetooth paired xbox one elite 2, no buttons work.
try wired
Do you guys happen to know if knock-off Xbox One controllers that have their own USB receiver will work?
yeah you would just plug that receiver in to an adapter like Magic NS it has its own usb port
Post automatically merged:

thank you ...
np

Top Bottom
Login
Register