How to use Xbox controllers on your Android device

Discussion in 'Google Tutorials' started by Holy Jesus, Feb 24, 2013 with 53 replies and 390,435 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcom

Arcom Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I might have to give this a try! :biggrin: Thanks OP!

• Like Like x 1
  2. DustyMeowMix

DustyMeowMix Enthusiast

Ratings:
    wow thats awesome to bad my android is so out of date XD good job!

3. Tyler

Tyler Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &

Ratings:
    Got a wired controller now for my Note 2.

Still not working..

4. TonyMax

TonyMax Newbie

Ratings:
    Even this, it's doesn't work at all... Please help me!

i tried to make a copy of the file and rename to 0291 but no, it still dont work.

:cry:

GS2+ on Android 4.2.2 rooted

5. OP
    Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus Drunk MOTY 2011-14

Ratings:
    I have a GS2+ that works plug and play. What game are you trying to play? It's possible that the game doesn't support controller input.

6. Airboner

Airboner Newbie

Ratings:
    hi guyz i have bought lenovo s6000l and otg cable but my wireless receiver doesnt sync with my xbox360 wireless controller...
    i had already rooted the tablet and have pasted some files called vendor etc but nothing worked.
    also from terminal emulator i saw with command of lsusb that without plugged off cable,it shows
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b: 0002
    and when i plugged in cable,it shows
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 045e: 0291
    so if i got it,it seems that ID 045e: 0291 its about when its plugged in and not when its unplugged according from commands ...
    also the Vendor 1d6d Product 0002 doesnt exsist no where :/
    could u help me? the tablet is rooted, i have already installed busybox,alogcat..
    help me plz cauze i want sending it to my bro who is travelling.

I really appreciate :smile:
    (Forgive me for my [maybe] bad english)

7. sniopai

sniopai Newbie

Ratings:
    awesome mod!!! :smile:

bought a wireless usb dongle for my xbox360 controllers, but unfortunately it wont work on my note1, note3 or galaxy tab s 8.4 ...:/

any ideas? its not an official microsoft USB dongle, but i can ue my wireless xbox360 controllers just fine with it on my laptop and pc... so its working... just not on my phpnes and tablets...

i turn on the xbox360 controller
    i plug in the OTG cable
    i connect the wireless usb dongle
    i hold the CONNECT button on the controller so the green ring on it starts doing rounds and is looking for a hub or console to pair to
    i push the pair button on the usb dongle
    both controller and usb dongle then start flashing, green light, on and off, quickly...
    after a while the light on the usb dongle is steady green, the controller never stops flashing

nothing ever happens... i tried all buttons, but the controller doesnt seem to be connected to my phones or tablets. any ideas?:/

8. sniopai

sniopai Newbie

Ratings:
    hmmm so it seems this only works on a nexus7 and maybe other nexus devices?
    too bad...

9. OP
    Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus Drunk MOTY 2011-14

Ratings:
    Sorry the tutorial is a little outdated at this stage and I haven't had much time to update it. You should be able to get it working on most devices. The Note3 in fact supports it generically (wired) so I can't see why you're having issues there.

Do you have a wired 360 controller? If you do, try plugging that in first. If you're missing the .kcm file for a 360 gamepad then using a wired controller will probably fetch one. Are your devices rooted? You may need to make changes to the Android shell for a wireless controller as in the OP.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sniopai

sniopai Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks! hmmm i only have wireless xbox360 controllers...
    so i might have to connect a wired controller, so it installs some driver automatially, and then the wireless controller might work? i have the exynos octa core gt n900 though, not the qualcom snapdragon 800 model... could that be the reason?
    my tab s 8.4 is an exynos octa core chipset as well, same SOC as a matter of fact...

11. thestararne

thestararne Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello, i got a problem. The code 'cp Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl' does not work it says 'not found' so i guess the 2 after that wil not work either. (can't post screenshot. It won't upload.) Thanks tho for your help :wink:

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  12. Sammy1032

Sammy1032 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    wow, nice information. I should get the xbox controller to play racing games:woot:

13. erltotheend

erltotheend Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello. I have trouble making this work.

I have a (old, 1.gen) wired XBOX360 controller, and a rooted samsung note 10.1 GT-N8010.

I purchased a usb OTG cable on ebay.

When I connect the OTG cable to the note first then the controller, I get a message saying "powerful usb unit connected" (translated) and the controller does not light up.

When I connect the OTG cable to the controller, and then connect the note, it lights up and the xbox button is flashing.

However, none of the button presses seems to get registered to the note.. I downloaded and put the keymap file in the description and verified I got it in the right folder.. I am not sure how to proceed as I have no clue what could be wrong.. Could it be the OTG cable? Ebay can be crap some times.. All I know is the controller works fine on PC and xbox 360..

14. Eugene154

Eugene154 Newbie

Ratings: