• Thread starter moonstone_77
  • Start date
  • Views 12,948
moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is NTFS better than fat32 external hard drives.

I'm running Habib 4.55 with cobra. Multiman 4.55. I'm wanting to use a NTFS 1TB seagate external hard drive instead of fat32 external HDD.

Is this cfw compatable with a NTFS drive and what programming is best to convert all my folder games on my fat32 drive to iso format.

Thanks in advance

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for link JoJo. Just wanted to see if it was all compatable now to use NTFS. I've been reading a few people have had issues and a few people say all games work on NTFS drives so don't know what to do. Some say only certain drives work. Just wanted to do it for transferring larger files over 4gig as ftp was a pain to do anyone else had NTFS drives working

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I use the "prepNTFS" tool that is often found in the MM game manager and PS3brewology website. I then have all my games in ISO format and using the correct settings in my game manager (MM or what I like to use for a game manager instead, IRISMAN). I've had no issues with games and also can keep them in that format as it is easier to transfer the ISO file rather than a JB folder.

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks delaroc well I've got a lot of backing up to do. Taking game folders off external onto PC then format ext. Then convert games to iso then transfer back onto drive gonna take ages. I've got 110 ps3 games on a 1 tb drive not many games fit on it thanks for ya input

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Try ISO generators like Isotools or PS3 ISO rebuilder. I'd avoid Cobra ODE'S GENPS3ISO program as it doesn't generate ISO'S properly with some JB games without IRD.

Top Bottom
Login
Register