What's new

Tutorial [Pre-Release] How to Upgrade Any PC To Windows 11.

• Thread starter Austin
  • Start date
  • Views 3,697
Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so this is mainly for people who have a computer that's hardware is not supported for Windows 11.
You may have issues with Windows 11 if you don't meet the minimum system requirements.
Use at your own risk, but if you're like me with a good laptop that Windows 11 said doesn't meet requirements which mind blowing.
So, Microsoft did say you can do a "fresh" install of Windows 11 no problem, but upgrading free on hardware that isn't brand new is a no no. (For the most part)

Okay without taking any long lets hop into this, very simple tutorial.

So you're going to sign up for the Windows Insider Program.
Which can be found here.

Once you're signed up, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program.
Sign in with your insider registered account. Then select Dev or Beta Build.
Now make a text file and name it "Windows.reg"
You can make it anything with .reg at the end.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig]
"BypassTPMCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassSecureBootCheck"=dword:00000001

Now all you need to do is run this and go over to...
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

You should now have the Windows 11 update.​

Operating System
  1. Windows
Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Journalist Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so this is mainly for people who have a computer that's hardware is not supported for Windows 11.
You may have issues with Windows 11 if you don't meet the minimum system requirements.
Use at your own risk, but if you're like me with a good laptop that Windows 11 said doesn't meet requirements which mind blowing.
So, Microsoft did say you can do a "fresh" install of Windows 11 no problem, but upgrading free on hardware that isn't brand new is a no no. (For the most part)

Which can be found here.

Once you're signed up, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program.

Pretty slick, thanks! Tbh I'm probably going to sit this one out anyways and stick with win 10 until the privacy community figures out some ways to stop telemetry being sent and lock it down. I'll keep this pinned in my bookmarks until that day comes!

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
My thoughts is that I somewhat agree with Microsoft's hardware requirements in Windows 11. I understand that most consumers do not have hardware to meet its requirements, which leads to either bypass it or to upgrade the hardware which can be expensive. I just don't agree they do force it down our necks, but that's the cost of using Windows. Overall, it's a good read and thank you for sharing.

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My thoughts is that I somewhat agree with Microsoft's hardware requirements in Windows 11. I understand that most consumers do not have hardware to meet its requirements, which leads to either bypass it or to upgrade the hardware which can be expensive. I just don't agree they do force it down our necks, but that's the cost of using Windows. Overall, it's a good read and thank you for sharing.
I wish they had done something like having it as an additional requirement for more enterprise/professional level installs, and then could have a lesser one that is more for personal use where it was not so much required. I'm sure that would change a decent chunk of internals though, so it would probably be similar to just creating multiple different operating systems. Oh well ?

Crucify

Crucify

Let's do this!
Mythical Veteran Jokester AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish they had done something like having it as an additional requirement for more enterprise/professional level installs, and then could have a lesser one that is more for personal use where it was not so much required. I'm sure that would change a decent chunk of internals though, so it would probably be similar to just creating multiple different operating systems. Oh well ?
My observation is most cyber attacks happen on Windows operating systems and consumers are the main target. A TPM chip has the potential to keep data encrypted and secure from threat actors. With these requirements, it's essentially good security practice to encrypt stored data on a local hosted machine. The challenge I see is that pro version isn't much different from the home edition, along with meeting the newest TPM standards. I don't think they even provided reasoning on the requirements upon the announcement which makes it painful to upgrade for most users.

Claws

Claws

Skepta <3
Retired
Lifetime
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My observation is most cyber attacks happen on Windows operating systems and consumers are the main target. A TPM chip has the potential to keep data encrypted and secure from threat actors. With these requirements, it's essentially good security practice to encrypt stored data on a local hosted machine. The challenge I see is that pro version isn't much different from the home edition, along with meeting the newest TPM standards. I don't think they even provided reasoning on the requirements upon the announcement which makes it painful to upgrade for most users.
Ah, I see. I wasn't aware there was a way to perm store keys (aside from maybe one by default or something), I figured it was just a cryptographic security chip of some kind. Either way, I'm only going linux from now on so I'm not worried anymore ?

Link

Link

I had eggs for breakfast, Your Mum had Sausage.
Programmer Contest Sponsor Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this, I'm definitely gonna try it out now on a second machine and see how I like it.

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this, I'm definitely gonna try it out now on a second machine and see how I like it.
This works on machines kinda randomly from what I found out. My tower can't upgrade (better stats than my laptop) but my laptop did no problem. Definitely a bit awkward at first but overall pretty cool and a bit of a bummer going back to windows 10 looks wise.

upkt

upkt

Reaction score
Sin$
Am I the only here who is still using Windows 7? I have tried once 10 but to be honest I didn't liked it.

Zer0Security

Zer0Security

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Which can be found here.

Woah, this is awesome! Though TPM was required lol

jamesmm

jamesmm

Reaction score
Sin$

Which can be found here.

Hmmmm, I really want to update my PC into windows 11 but I was hesitant because they are games in my pc that don't support windows 11 . They always tag the game as a virus. How do I know it cuz someone said to me that when they update they cannot install the game. So for now I will stick to windows 10. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register