What's new

Tutorial How to Update Your RGH/Jtag to 17559

StewySaucer

StewySaucer

Stewy#6408
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm making this so people can stop bricking their consoles...

Things to Download

XeBuild 17559
[Click here to view this link] | Virus Scan

Simple 360 Nand Flasher
[Click here to view this link] | Virus Scan

Before Starting, Remove your Current Launch.ini.

If you don't you may be stuck on the Xbox Logo after Boot.

****************​
  1. Extract the .RAR for Nand Flasher.
    Make sure your USB Drive is FAT32.
    Place the Simple 360 Nand Flasher, on the root of the USB.

2. Go to XeX Menu, and load the Default.xex for Nand Flasher.
    You'll be presented with this screen:
    VQjVCxV.png
    Hit X to Dump the Entire Nand.

When it finishes, you'll be presented with this:
    qAxARtb.png

3. Hit any button on your controller, and when you're back at the Dash, take out the USB Drive.

4. You'll see 4 Files now in the Nand Flasher Folder:
    YdbFEi4.png

Backup the flashdmp.bin in case you need to flash back!

5. Download and Extract XeBuild 17544.
    Open the file named XeBuild GUI 2.0.

6. On the top of XeBuild, to the right of Source File - Hit Open and select the file "flashdmp.bin".
    6EdiceN.gif

Thank you to Shinda for the Nand Dump
    Hit Yes.

7. A little bit under that same spot, you'll see Keys.
    Next to the text box of CPUKey, hit the button "Get CPUKey from Keys.txt".
    Select the file "cpukey.txt" that Simple 360 Nand Flasher made:
    Zpv34b5.gif

8. Double Check the Build Type!!
    If you have a Slim Trinity or Corona, it'll be Freeboot (RGH 2.0).
    If you have a Phat, you need to know whether it's RGH 1 or 2.
    If you're unsure, Dashlaunch will tell you in the bottom right.
    Always select Freeboot, not ECC.
    uTAbOyR.png

9. The last thing needed to do, is to select the 17559 Kernel.
    It should be auto selected, but if it's not:
    HYv1E8Z.png

10. Please make sure all boxes on the bottom are Checked:
    lKEgUwq.png

If you're on a 4GB Corona, this step is very important.
    You NEED to enable 'Open Parameter/Argument Editor':
    7OFoIAA.gif
    **********************************​
  11. Once you have completed those things, on the bottom of XeBuild hit the button Labeled:
    "Generate hacked image".

If you get an error saying it cannot find files, hit Yes.
    After it 100% Downloads, hit Generate Hacked image again.

If you are 100% positive that you selected the correct one, then hit No.
    Then it'll bring up another Popup asking if you're sure you wanna use it, hit Yes.

If you have a 4GB Corona, you'll be presented with the same error you had earlier.
    The only difference is, you'll get a Popup that looks like this:
    F3ajmTl.png

All you're going to do, is add 4g to the end of Corona like this:
    JFBrB8N.png
    Then, just hit Save the New Parameter.

12. In the Right window of XeBuild, if all is successful you'll see a Log that looks like this:
    SfPMDNW.png

13. Go to the Output path, where XeBuild saved the file, and you'll see the file "updflash.bin".

14. Drag that updflash.bin into the Simple 360 NAND Flasher folder on your USB.
    s6zFv6p.gif

Once moved, take the USB, and put it into the Console.

15. Go to Xex Menu and start the Default.xex for Simple 360 NAND Flasher.

16. Once it is loaded, hit A to Write Your Nand.
    Then hit Start to confirm the Write to your Nand.

When it's completed, you'll see:
    Rebooting in 5....4....3....2....1.... and then the console will automatically reboot.

17. When the console reboots, if you go to Settings and Console Info, you'll see you're officially updated, and on 17559.
Congratulations on Successfully updating your console.

You'll more than likely need to do an Avatar Update.
To do the Avatar Update, please follow the guide that Sombra made by Clicking Here.

If you'd rather do the Manual Version, then please follow this guide:
- Grab a USB Flash Drive 8-32GB.
- Download the USB System Update.
- After it's Downloaded, extract the file, and you'll get a $SystemUpdate folder.
- Rename the Folder to $$ystemUpdate.
If you don't have the two $$ then this will not work.
- Plug your Flash Drive into the Computer, and Format it to FAT32.
- Drag the $$ystemUpdate folder to the Root of your Flash Drive.
- Turn on your RGH and wait until the Dashboard loads fully.
- Once the Dashboard is loaded, plug in the Flash Drive, and you should see this picture:
EPoWHi0.jpg
- Once you're presented with that, hit Yes. When it is done, you have officially installed the avatar update, and can proceed to go online with your RGH.

Thank you to jester and NiNJA for keeping XeBuild up to date!
Is it even possible to JTAG Xbox one at this point in time?

V

VSY

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello!
I do everything as described, but I get this error message:
error: game:\updateflash.bin - size 50331648 is not vaild image size!
What could be the problem?
Resolved: only 16 mb of nand flash size

Last edited:
apollo3841

apollo3841

Stickied Diamonds Are Forever Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Why is this not pinned, I always revert my customers back to this if they ask how to update their console, Very user friendly, cant go wrong!

D

dodonpa

Reaction score
Sin$
LOL What...?

It's not my fault you spend money on something you clearly have no idea how to use.

Download Dashlaunch.
Put it on a USB.
Plug it into your RGH.
Go to Xex Menu.
Load Dashlaunch.
Hit Plugins.
Hit Y on your stealth.
Hit RB.
Hit X on HDD.
Hit B to exit.

Done.... 

I'm not explaining every single step.

I wrote an entire guide for a reason. It's already explained.

Excuse me, does it mean I have to use dashlaunch to remove launch.ini? since I didnt find that file via File Manager anyway,

I have freestyle 3.0b Rev 735 and kernel 2.0.16203,
Can I simply install latest newest dashlaunch like 3.21?

Im a noob and just a common user trying to update and play Diablo 3 Reaper of Soul, had fatal crash intercepted after installing ROS I pressumed,

Thank you,

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Excuse me, does it mean I have to use dashlaunch to remove launch.ini? since I didnt find that file via File Manager anyway,

I have freestyle 3.0b Rev 735 and kernel 2.0.16203,
Can I simply install latest newest dashlaunch like 3.21?

Im a noob and just a common user trying to update and play Diablo 3 Reaper of Soul, had fatal crash intercepted after installing ROS I pressumed,

Thank you,
Yep, you can just get the latest Dashlaunch and bring over the installer folder.
If you have an outdated launch.ini, it'll tell you to update it, just hit yes.

K

killscr33n

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all

Im planning on modding my trinity for the first time.

Can I just take XeBuild 17559 linked in the first post and follow below to use jrunner with latest dash?
/forums/threads/use-j-runner-with-xebuild-files.1486339/

Also if my unmoded 360 is currently on 17526, should I update this to 17559 in xbox live first before I do the rgh mod?

007DONJON007

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, Sorry but does the system update work on a fake hard drive ? I already have the dashboard pre-installed. Thanks !

WarmColedavid

WarmColedavid

Reaction score
Sin$
so like i put in the dvd, reboot, but it says your console is up to date, when it's not. any help?

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Super clean tut so I can definitely recommend this to people who ask me how to update to this day. ?

H

Hushpup

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys
I have xbox 360 slim trinity I modded in 2005 I think is jtag or rgh
My xbox Last dashboard 2.0.17489
I need updated to Last dashboard
I'm sorry my English not strong but I understand
Post automatically merged:

https://i.ibb.co/P46MrXX/20201219-114849.jpg
Post automatically merged:

20201219-114849.jpg

D

Deleted member 1622904

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I'm a noob who's trying to update his Xbox 360 Slim Trinity. At this moment I'm on Dashboard 2.0.17511.0; I've tried to update the console via xeBuild but, before proceeding with the update, I have some questions that I would like to ask you:

- In this guide it's written that if I have a Slim Trinity (my case) I should select "Freeboot RGH 2.0" as a build type on xeBuild, but the program automatically chooses "Freeboot RGH 1.x" (from the images below). Dashlaunch says that I have a Glitch2, so I should select anyway RGH 2.0?

- I have also another question: should I select something on the "special patches" menu? I don't know if I should check "Disable FCRT.bin check" (Since there's a red "True" instead of a green "False").

Could please someone help me? Thank you in advance!

xe.png.e5aec68248bccc5f73214bf72eb506dd.png

IMG_20210619_130117173.thumb.jpg.b1b17faea2c2826f3f892164b2aeedfd.jpg

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I'm a noob who's trying to update his Xbox 360 Slim Trinity. At this moment I'm on Dashboard 2.0.17511.0; I've tried to update the console via xeBuild but, before proceeding with the update, I have some questions that I would like to ask you:

- In this guide it's written that if I have a Slim Trinity (my case) I should select "Freeboot RGH 2.0" as a build type on xeBuild, but the program automatically chooses "Freeboot RGH 1.x" (from the images below). Dashlaunch says that I have a Glitch2, so I should select anyway RGH 2.0?

- I have also another question: should I select something on the "special patches" menu? I don't know if I should check "Disable FCRT.bin check" (Since there's a red "True" instead of a green "False").

Could please someone help me? Thank you in advance!

~snip for length~
I want to say you should use RGH 2.0, I have a trinity glitch2 as well. Shouldn't have any issues.
It looks like "Disable FCRT.bin check" will cause your console to stop looking for the dvd drive based off a quick google. Have you tried using discs in the drive as it? If so, and it hasn't given you an E75 or E76 error, keep it how it is.. Worst case, you can revert your nand to the one you have currently, assuming you have a BU of it!

D

Deleted member 1622904

Reaction score
Sin$
I want to say you should use RGH 2.0, I have a trinity glitch2 as well. Shouldn't have any issues.
It looks like "Disable FCRT.bin check" will cause your console to stop looking for the dvd drive based off a quick google. Have you tried using discs in the drive as it? If so, and it hasn't given you an E75 or E76 error, keep it how it is.. Worst case, you can revert your nand to the one you have currently, assuming you have a BU of it!
Thank you for the answer; I've tried discs (both original games and backup copies) and they work, so the drive, as of now, should work correctly.

Regarding the question about "disable FCRT.bin check", I couldn't find any precise answer; I've read somewhere that if I don't disable it the drive could stop working, but I can't find a topic anywhere on web that deepens this argument.

In case the drive stops working: what can I do? I've made the backup of everything using Simple 360 NAND flasher; Should I only repeat the process with xeBuild (changing only the "Disable FCRT.bin check")?

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the answer; I've tried discs (both original games and backup copies) and they work, so the drive, as of now, should work correctly.

Regarding the question about "disable FCRT.bin check", I couldn't find any precise answer; I've read somewhere that if I don't disable it the drive could stop working, but I can't find a topic anywhere on web that deepens this argument.

In case the drive stops working: what can I do? I've made the backup of everything using Simple 360 NAND flasher; Should I only repeat the process with xeBuild (changing only the "Disable FCRT.bin check")?
I would create a backup of your nand and store safely on a USB stick somewhere, and then yes, make two separate nand flashes.. One checked, one unchecked. Try the unchecked one first, as that's what XeBuild is putting infront of you. Flash it to the nand using the 17559 build and see what happens. If it works, good, delete the second nand and store the backup somewhere.
If it doesn't work, revert back to backup nand, and flash the other version. ***Essentially, downgrading to the previous nand, then reflashing the new nand.

I remember issues in the past of having my DVD not work due to not having my DVD Key, if that's even still an option on XeBuild! I believe OP has a tutorial on how to recovery DVD Key if lost.... This is for if the DVD tray recognizes a disc, but unable to read the discs. Don't worry about this last point until later.

D

Deleted member 1622904

Reaction score
Sin$
I would create a backup of your nand and store safely on a USB stick somewhere, and then yes, make two separate nand flashes.. One checked, one unchecked. Try the unchecked one first, as that's what XeBuild is putting infront of you. Flash it to the nand using the 17559 build and see what happens. If it works, good, delete the second nand and store the backup somewhere.
If it doesn't work, revert back to backup nand, and flash the other version. ***Essentially, downgrading to the previous nand, then reflashing the new nand.

I remember issues in the past of having my DVD not work due to not having my DVD Key, if that's even still an option on XeBuild! I believe OP has a tutorial on how to recovery DVD Key if lost.... This is for if the DVD tray recognizes a disc, but unable to read the discs. Don't worry about this last point until later.
Thank you again, I'll try it in a few hours, I'll let you know!

EDIT: Thank you very much, it worked everything! (I did both the Dashboard update and the Avatar update)
I flashed the unchecked nand, everything works well!

I just have two more questions now:

- I did a backup of the old "launch.ini", can i put it where it was (via XeX menu) in order to boot the console with Aurora as it did before or I have to create a new one?
- Since I've included Dashlaunch using xeBuild, how can I launch it now? Can I launch it using the old folder that I had on my HD (based on 3.19 version) or I need to do something else?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you again, I'll try it in a few hours, I'll let you know!

EDIT: Thank you very much, it worked everything! (I did both the Dashboard update and the Avatar update)
I flashed the unchecked nand, everything works well!

I just have two more questions now:

- I did a backup of the old "launch.ini", can i put it where it was (via XeX menu) in order to boot the console with Aurora as it did before or I have to create a new one?
- Since I've included Dashlaunch using xeBuild, how can I launch it now? Can I launch it using the old folder that I had on my HD (based on 3.19 version) or I need to do something else?

Thank you in advance!
Your launch.ini file should work from the previous dash kernel, but if it doesn’t you can just grab a clean ini file from the site and load it up and reset your plugins and any network settings you had.
Dashlaunch will work the same as before, where you have a folder in xex menu to load it (or from Aurora). xebuild just has the downloads pre-installed in the nand, it’s one less thing to worry about updating.
I was using dashlaunch 3.16 for the longest time, just the other day I grabbed the 3.21 files from the creators of dashlaunch, theres minimal changes since 3.14, just minor bug fixes and what ui changes.

D

Deleted member 1622904

Reaction score
Sin$
Your launch.ini file should work from the previous dash kernel, but if it doesn’t you can just grab a clean ini file from the site and load it up and reset your plugins and any network settings you had.
Dashlaunch will work the same as before, where you have a folder in xex menu to load it (or from Aurora). xebuild just has the downloads pre-installed in the nand, it’s one less thing to worry about updating.
I was using dashlaunch 3.16 for the longest time, just the other day I grabbed the 3.21 files from the creators of dashlaunch, theres minimal changes since 3.14, just minor bug fixes and what ui changes.
Perfect, I'll copy the old launch.ini back on my console and see if everything works.

Some other questions (about Dashlaunch update this time): I just need to download the latest version (3.21) and launch the file .xex in the "install" folder?
I would like to learn more about dashlaunch too, so, as a starting point, I would like to update it in order to being independent at least in this thing regarding the 360 Slim ?.
Also, do you know where I can find a list of the best options that I should activate in Dashlaunch? I don't care about online gaming or going online on Xbox Live. (Also, if you know, what are the best settings for fan speed on a Slim Trinity since I've seen different values on this, I don't care about the noise, I just want to let this console live as long as possible)

Anyway, thank you very much for the helping you're providing me, I appreaciate it!

EDIT: Copied the old launch.ini, everything works correttly. Also I've seen that Dashlaunch's version in Aurora's "modules'" section is 3.21, so I've updated it with xeBuild?

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Perfect, I'll copy the old launch.ini back on my console and see if everything works.

Some other questions (about Dashlaunch update this time): I just need to download the latest version (3.21) and launch the file .xex in the "install" folder?
I would like to learn more about dashlaunch too, so, as a starting point, I would like to update it in order to being independent at least in this thing regarding the 360 Slim ?.
Also, do you know where I can find a list of the best options that I should activate in Dashlaunch? I don't care about online gaming or going online on Xbox Live. (Also, if you know, what are the best settings for fan speed on a Slim Trinity since I've seen different values on this, I don't care about the noise, I just want to let this console live as long as possible)

Anyway, thank you very much for the helping you're providing me, I appreaciate it!

EDIT: Copied the old launch.ini, everything works correttly. Also I've seen that Dashlaunch's version in Aurora's "modules'" section is 3.21, so I've updated it with xeBuild?
For dashlaunch, I mostly enabled FTP, and liveblock/livestrong to stay offline - disable liveblock/strong for online with a stealth server. There's other network configs forgoing online, but if you stay offline there's nothing to worry about.
I set my config default to launch Aurora's dashboard, as well as a fakeanim that I made. ***be warned, fakeanims are very risky if you're unsure what you're doing. if you're interested please PM me and I can link you good videos or threads on the site, as well as give you tips & tricks I learned from fails lol.
I really haven't messed with it all that much, aside for plugins. My fan settings I either override at 100%, or run for target temps of 48degC. That's how my console seems to run the best, but every consoles different. You just don't want it to run hot, the colder the better typically with anything computer related.

D

Deleted member 1622904

Reaction score
Sin$
For dashlaunch, I mostly enabled FTP, and liveblock/livestrong to stay offline - disable liveblock/strong for online with a stealth server. There's other network configs forgoing online, but if you stay offline there's nothing to worry about.
I set my config default to launch Aurora's dashboard, as well as a fakeanim that I made. ***be warned, fakeanims are very risky if you're unsure what you're doing. if you're interested please PM me and I can link you good videos or threads on the site, as well as give you tips & tricks I learned from fails lol.
I really haven't messed with it all that much, aside for plugins. My fan settings I either override at 100%, or run for target temps of 48degC. That's how my console seems to run the best, but every consoles different. You just don't want it to run hot, the colder the better typically with anything computer related.
I've just enabled livestrong (I had enabled only liveblock; I didn't touch anything on Dashlaunch before this, there was still the configuration of the guy who sold me the xbox), FTP was already enabled.
About fakeanim: actually I'm not interested on this, instead I'm curious to see something about the emulation (even if I know that is not that great on Xbox... just curiosity) and, if exist, some homebrews that need kinect (I've bought one for a really low price).
Thank you for the advice about the fan speed; ovverride wasn't enabled and temperatures were way too high (the console's CPU could reach 85°...).

Anyway, everything works well; I don't want to go off topic (more than I just did ? ), thank you again, you've been very helpful! I hope we catch up on new topics!

Top Bottom
Login
Register