How to Update Your RGH/Jtag to 17544

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Modding Tutorials' started by Noobert, Sep 18, 2015 with 553 replies and 99,996 views.

1. Saucy Modz

Saucy Modz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thank You So Much Noobert I successfully updated it. Your tuts are noob friendly which I love

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. TLRxModzZ

TLRxModzZ Noob programmer/RGH support/Host

Ratings:
    Can someone help, when I click on the default xex I get error cannot be played and crashes

3. CeratedSuperior

CeratedSuperior No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind Premium

Ratings:
    What default.xex is crashing, simple flash 360? I'm sure someone or myself can help you out if you give some more detail on what issues you're having.

4. AzzidReign

AzzidReign My body is ready for Se7enSins v8 Administrator

Ratings:
    How would one figure this out? Any way other than opening up the Xbox? Brother Jordan had visited and hooked me up...I was uninterested at the time but there are a few things I want to run on the 360 now (Halo 2 modding) and I wanted to boot this baby up. The hdd I had used was an old hdd that I had to use and IDE to USB adapter for and I lost the power cable to it so I'm now working with a different hdd. If I need to, I can pull the info from the old hdd, it's just a pain since I have to open my case up to give the drive power and then hook it to USB.

But the quoted part is where I'm stuck currently.

Also, I saw the options in the program for motherboard...I also don't know which version that is. Does the program read the nand to figure that out? Or do I just need to stop being lame and take the time to open the xbox up. I'm afraid I won't be able to...the number of times this one has been open with a knife is 1 too many lol But I'll see if my x360 tool will open it tomorrow if need be.

If it helps, I think it was one of the first Xbox 360 Elites with the 120gb hdd.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  5. 64G

64G Meerkat

Ratings:
    Check discord i'll help out

6. AzzidReign

AzzidReign My body is ready for Se7enSins v8 Administrator

Ratings:
    Thanks for the help. Since I hate leaving things in private chats/discord, I want to write what I did.

I found out I have RGH v1.2 running on Zephyr (it auto detected the Zephyr I believe, it was auto checked). I then finished the tutorial to update the dash.

Put Dash Launcher v3.19 and FreeStyleDash (FS3 rev 775) on my hdd.
    Ran Dash Launcher Installer
    Followed this guys video:

My situation is likely unique. This old Xbox was banned from xbl so I removed the hdd and put it in another Xbox. So all that's connected to this is an external right now. Debating on whether moving this 2.5" to the encloser since it's about 2x bigger than the original but thinking that may pose an issue with what I had done above so for now, just leaving it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Professional

Professional Staff Staff

Ratings:
    When it comes to 2.5" drives you can use almost any on the console. There are however a few things you should do first to make things a little easier.
    • Write down your consoles serial number because when using a non genuine drive inside your 360 on an RGH it will ask you to input your serial number to format the hard drive the first time you connect it through the XSATA port.
    • Back up any data into a folder in your PC then re-transfer it to the Xbox after you've configured it.
    Then you are pretty much good to go in that regard.

Another thing though when running a Zephyr I'd recommend having your fan speed set above 65% even anywhere from 70% to 85% or more if you can handle the noise just because the older consoles like the Xenon, Opus, Zephyr and even Falcons have overheating issues that tie in with RRoD and the harder the fans working the longer your Xbox will probably last.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  8. runeoe

runeoe Newbie

Ratings:
    So I am planning to RGH my Trinity (waiting for parts), Should I update to 17526 then RGH or RGH then update?

9. Mateeno

Mateeno Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello!

why when i nand the dump with simple nand flasher i dont get errors but when i use swizzy xebuild i get errors, and when i look for my xbox 360 information in readme file in my simple nand flasher file in USB it just written ERROR ERROR and many errors!:smile:

10. KillSwitchh

KillSwitchh Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How do I update my Corona 16mb?

11. sidglide128

sidglide128 Newbie

Ratings:
    The screenshots are no longer there, i guess the links to the screenshot expired.
    Can you please take sometime out to fix them.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  12. OP
    Noobert

Noobert RGH/Flashing Support VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Edit - September 22nd 2019:

Updated guide to 17544 and replaced all images.

• Like Like x 2
  13. He11cat

He11cat Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello! Is this safe for Avatar update? Please find the attached screenshot.
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

14. CeratedSuperior

CeratedSuperior No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind Premium

Ratings:
    It should just be the avatar update. Confirm you are on dash 17544. If so, and your avatars are gray, then it's fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1