What's new

Discussion how to unspawn walls?

Inver7ed

deathneed

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
ok so im making a map and i want to make a certain wall disappear after 45 seconds through the game, how would i go about doing this, and if i can, can it be done to other things, such as vehicles or even buildings?

S

scorch855

Reaction score
not that i know of. i know that u can do it the other way and have it spawn 45 seconds after the start of match.... but there might be a way

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Invasion's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that has an option to despawn something, unless you try to figure out however my friend made it so walls disappeared when a certain object/weapon gets near them, something to do with one of their action sack gametypes.

V

VaguelyVivid

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this would work because I've never personally tried it but you could try making the wall you want to disappear have a spawn time of 0 and all of the rest of the walls have a spawn time of 1 but be sure all of them have placed at start = true and then have another of that same kind of wall spawn somewhere out of sight of your map and have it at a spawn time of 45 and placed at start = false. And I don't remember if it works like this or not but you may be able to have the object max 1 less than the number of that object on there and once that last wall spawns the origional with the spawn time of 0 may disappear. Like I said I do not know if this would work it is all just theoretical because I've never tried it. If this doesn't work the only other thing I can think of would be to have a sender node and reciever node or a 2 way node spawn at 45 seconds. Sorry if this doesn't work but you may want to just give it a try.

S

Sirus The Virus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes this is very simple to do you download the Insane gametype (This gametype can be found using search via file share system or playing action sack). And for each object you want to make disapear you make it a hill capture point so when somebody from the right team get's to it they start "capturing" that object. Then in the gametype settings make the hill capture time instant. This means when someone walks into the object/building/ vehicle it disapears.

Inver7ed

deathneed

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
alright i'll try these ideas out

Top Bottom