What's new

Solved How to unlock; The Taken King?

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
After some trouble, I finally got to level 25 with the help of The Taken King DLC, however; I can't play The Taken King. it just shows a cinematic video and all I can do is skip it.
I'm level 25 after using the boost. I also have all the DLC's installed from The Taken KIng...

Am I doing something wrong?

AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like the game thinks you dont actually own the taken king. And did you get the dlc? How are you trying to start the taken king? (Mission on map, talking to someone etc.))

Upvote 0
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like the game thinks you dont actually own the taken king. And did you get the dlc? How are you trying to start the taken king? (Mission on map, talking to someone etc.))

I got the DLC with; Destiny, The Taken King Legendary Edition.
When you go to the orbit and see earth etc, I try and launch it from there but it just shows a video that I can only skip.

Upvote 0
AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I don't see that, I see it but can't play it; it just shows a video I can skip and that's it. wtf?
Yeah it definitely sounds like the game isnt recognizing that you own the taken king. Did you buy the legendary edition digitally (on your account) or on disc (if bought on disc did you enter code for dlc)?

Upvote 0
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it definitely sounds like the game isnt recognizing that you own the taken king. Did you buy the legendary edition digitally (on your account) or on disc (if bought on disc did you enter code for dlc)?

I got the disc with the DLC code on paper. I redeemed the code on my account.

Upvote 0
AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
I got the disc with the DLC code on paper. I redeemed the code on my account.
I'm assuming you've tried restarting your console already, but if not give that a try. You could try reinstalling the dlcs / game and see if that helps as well. If both those fail, I would recommend contacting sony / microsoft support.
Also its worth noting that some retailers, for whatever reason, give you a code for the currency required to buy the respective DLCs rather than giving a code to the actual DLC itself, (Ive personally experienced this with Destiny before) so it might be worth checking that this isnt the case. Good luck figuring it out! Sorry I cant help much lol

Upvote 0
Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm assuming you've tried restarting your console already, but if not give that a try. You could try reinstalling the dlcs / game and see if that helps as well. If both those fail, I would recommend contacting sony / microsoft support.
Also its worth noting that some retailers, for whatever reason, give you a code for the currency required to buy the respective DLCs rather than giving a code to the actual DLC itself, (Ive personally experienced this with Destiny before) so it might be worth checking that this isnt the case. Good luck figuring it out! Sorry I cant help much lol

Tried restarting yeah. right now I'm re-installing the game and DLC's.
I had trouble yesterday with my XBOX not showing level 25 and the add-ons (DLC's) they were there but not installed. sigh...
Think I should just give up! :roflmao: :hilarious: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register