Tutorial How to Uncorrupt Profile from a Banned Xbox 360

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
How to Uncorrupt a Gamertag, Profile, or Gamesave from a Banned Xbox 360
Written by Belenos, Edited greatly and made a lot better by Carson

As you may know once you are banned from Xbox live if you use that banned console to play games and then put your hard drive back into an unbanned console your profile shows as corrupted and you have to recover Gamertag from Xbox Live. In doing this though you lose any achievements you may have obtained on the banned box. I have found a way to un-corrupt the profile without Recovering.

What you need:

Step 1:

• First thing you want to do is get a back-up of your current profile. You can skip this step and go to Step 3 B if you already have achievements on your banned console you wish to transfer to an unbanned. This is also just a precaution and can be skipped if you don't wish to make a back up.

• Either connect your hard drive to your PC through the Data Cable or disassemble the hard drive and connect using normal Sata connections.

• Next open "Xplorer360". Click "Drive>Open>Harddrive or Memory-card".

• Select "Partition 3", then expand "Content"

• Under this will be several folders Starting with "E". These folder names are your profile ID so I can't say for sure they name of yours but if there is only one profile it will be easiest.

• Expand your E folder, "FFFE07D1", then "000100000"

• Now you will see you Profile file

Drag this file onto your desktop or any where you can find it.

Step 2.
Now make a back up just in case. right click on the file you just dragged from the hard drive. Click copy. right click again and click paste. you can then rename this file what ever you want just remember it is the Original. I would suggest just adding ORG or BAK to the end of the file name.

Step 3.
A:For use with a previously recovered Gamertag that is not corrupted
You can now put your Hard drive onto your banned console. I would suggest either just playing a game a or getting an easy achievement to test. Then move on to Step 4.

B: For those with a still corrupted Gamertag
If you have a Corrupted Gamertag that you have received addition Achievements you can uncorrupt that gamertag and have it add those achievements to your online Gamerscore. Just remember not to recover your tag from Live unto after you have fixed this original corrupted one. Doing so will prevent you from ever being able to add those achievements to your gamerscore.

Step 4:
Once you are ready to move your Profile back to a Unbanned Console hook the hard drive back up to the PC. Repeat steps 1 & 2. This new profile will have all the achievements you just obtained on it.

Step 5:

Open "CON Flag Remover"

• Click "Open Profile". Browse for the file you just got in Xplorer360.
  • Click "Remove Flags".
Step 6:

• Open "Xbox 360 Hash Block Calculator"
  • Click "File>Open"
  • Open the file you just removed CON Flags From
  • Click "Tools>Calculate Hash Blocks"

Step 7:
Open Xplorer360, open you hard drive. Navigate to where your profile is stored. Drag the file you you have edited onto the Xplorer360 window. Tell it to replace the file if asked. Disconnect hard drive from PC and reconnect to Xbox.

It may take up to 30 minutes before your new score is seen by friends or on XBOX.com.

This must be done each time hard drive is connected to a banned console. Its a bit of a pain but does make it so you can continue to get achievements on a banned console.

Degree

T R A P S O U L
Retired
Reaction score
Nice tutorial way better than the other one. Hope this helps people!

sid4975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you tell me how to repair saves? that are corrupted once you transfer them to the unbanned xbox?

would it be kinda the same method?

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
For me, I had to edit my profile to null the console ID out. That still didn't work so then after it didn't show up as corrupted anymore, I could recover it.

So this could be a way to "beat" the system now right? Download games weeks before they release, get done with the campaigns, then hop onto MP once you buy the game for your other console...or if you just don't like the game to not buy it.

I wonder if they will start banning for this? Maybe this should be in the Premium section so they don't know what we are doing with this...?

sid4975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude just tried this on my corrupted assassins creed 2 save and fixed it!!

u just saved me from losing 60 hours on dragon age!

i cannont express in words how much i love you right now!

i already recovered my profile on my new unbanned console so i just needed to rescue my saves that were made on my banned console!

thank you so much!

note: i dont know the first thing about hex editing, but i didnt need to put as many ff's in my save as u do in ur profile. i guess i kinda got lucky

id just like to add one more post to tell you how unbelivably amazing you are and you are my biggest hero!

i though it would be awhile before anyone figured a way to repair the saves and profiles. i started a new game on dragon age last night and now i dont need it!

i posted a link on a few other forums i was on looking for answers to this problem.

i made sure to tell them how awesome you are!

i made a few more posts in here to tell you again how awesome you are but they didnt show up?

anyway i put a link to this on a few forums i was on looking for help on this problem.

i made sure to tell them how awesome u are

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Reaction score
I this on another site but I didn't belive it becaise jester told me it wasn't possible I shall do dirty deeds to you if it actually works tho

sid4975

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i made a few more posts in here to tell you again how awesome you are but they didnt show up?

anyway i put a link to this on a few forums i was on looking for help on this problem.

i made sure to tell them how awesome u are

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Wow, seems this tutorial is quite popular. I'll edit this and make it easier to understand.

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just a question? i have read this but i was wondering if you could just make a profile on the new xbox and use modio to save the console id and stuff then resign your corrupt profile with the new xboxes console id?

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Reaction score
Blu3 1ightning said:
just a question? i have read this but i was wondering if you could just make a profile on the new xbox and use modio to save the console id and stuff then resign your corrupt profile with the new xboxes console id?
That's basically what were doing here I think. From my understanding We are nulling something out (not sure what) but apparently it sets "flags" then we use a program to reset the flags then we rehash and resign

Toasty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
once again carson the files are only for premium members on rs. is ther anyway else to download it with out getting premium.

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Toasty said:
once again carson the files are only for premium members on rs. is ther anyway else to download it with out getting premium.
Can I see a screenshot of the page it gives you? Because mine says "Normal Download"

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Reaction score
Blu3 1ightning said:
ya i just dont want to have to download a trial version of a hex editor just to do this if i can do it with modio
Can it hex edit?
Yea
If not then no.
You don't need to use hex workshop if you don't want any hex editor will work

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Reaction score
devilmaycry327 said:
Can this get the unmodded xbox banned?
Pretty unlikely. At worst it might get your profile banned.

Microsoft usually bans what your modifying.

Flashed firmware: you modded your xbox= council ban
Game saving: Profile modding= Profile ban

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Glad to see Jizz's CON Flag Remover I posted here is being put to use, great tut Carson.

Toasty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok it let me download it now

Edit: I just did this tut and i ran into a problem. when i put the profile back on my hard drive and start my xbox it says that the profile was recoved on another xbox. then when i try 2 sign in it gives me an error. then i recover my profile back and all of my achivements are gone. any help??

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys im back up and running. i got a new elite console and i kept all of my mw2 achievements that i got after my ban

Top Bottom