Tutorial How to tune a car in Forza Horizon 4

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I've been seeing a few threads Forza related which is awesome, as I didn't know too many people here played Forza Horizon 4.
As a result I figured i'd help some people out with a tutorial on how to evenly distribute a car's weight for drifting or racing etc...
So my favorite goes first. Drift car tune and i'll show how to do racing circuit tunes. They're all quite similar you'll see.

Now this is purely tuning not how much power or what upgrades you should use.

Okay so it's all a pretty similar concept... Shift weight evenly aka a 50/50 split front to rear ratio.
For this tutorial I will say the front of my car has 54% weight on the front. (You can see when you go to my cars and toggle stats it will say "front **%")

Okay here we go. Like I said it's all pretty much the same theory here for drift cars or circuit cars... Drag cars are different so this won't apply to drag.

1. Tire Pressure: The optimal tire pressure for grip is 32psi. So easy set it to 32psi right? NO. Set it lower and check telemetry while you drift or race for a bit and by the time the tires heat up while racing or drifting it should be around 32 psi not higher. Lower is better but not higher or you'll get less grip.

2. Gearing: Easy one for circuit mess with the final gear nothing major usually for those. Drift on the other hand. Here is the Formula Drift gear ratio's.
If you don't know Formula Drift drivers use a 4 gear setup. So let's do that because it works out quite well for most if not all cars.
Final Drive- Depends on car find a good place for it.
1- 1.80 // 2- 1.40 // 3- 1.16 // 4- 1.00 // 5-6 should be close to gear 4 to get a little extra power if you need it so 5- 0.97 and 6- 0.95

3. Alignment: Circuit- front camber should be anywhere from 1.0-2.0 and rear 0.5-1.0
Drift cars will have camber set already. Leave it alone unless you wanna add a little camber or take some away, again it depends on your feel for the car.
Add some toe on the front, personally I find 1.5-1.7 works well for a stable car and rear toe of 0.0-0.5
Front angle caster should already be set to 7.0 degrees with the drift suspension.

So here is where circuit and drift tunes are similar... So copy the same method for both this is just suspension tuning to distribute weight evenly.
4. Anti-roll Bars: Take the max stiffness and the lowest softness. example: my max is 65.00 and my lowest is 1.00
Take your highest stiffness and subtract it by the lowest softness. example: 65-1
Then multiply it by your front weight and lower weight. example: 64 x .54 = 34.56 and then 64 x .46. = 29.44
Then add the lowest softness (1.00) back into both of your answers. So Front= 35.56 and Rear= 30.44
Easy as that and it's the same thing for everything else.

5. Springs: Same equation as before. Highest stiffness - Lowest softness. Multiply by the front and rear percentages, add back in the lowest softness for both and boom. Front and rear springs done.
Now ride height... Drift will have a low rear end and a little bit higher front end. Circuit should be lower all around for grip.

6. Damping specifically Rebound Stiffness is the same thing... High - Low, multiply by the front and rear then add back in the low.
Bump Stiffness should be around half of your rebound stiffness so not too much on that.

7. This is for both. Differential should be set to your liking. I use about 70% for my drift cars and 50-70% for circuit cars. (Accel-Decel)

Sorry for the long post but I have had a ton of people ask me how to tune and figured why not actually make a detailed thread here for my Forza guys.

Top Bottom
Login
Register