Tutorial How to take apart a Xbox One Controller

Discussion in 'Xbox One Tutorials' started by Comit, Nov 16, 2015 with 0 replies and 3,021 views.

1. Comit

Comit EoTY 2015 Staff Pet

Ratings:
    Xbox One Controller Take-Apart
    Before I start off just want to thank everybody for the support.

Lets get strait into it.
    First thing you have to do is you have to open up the controller. its pretty simple. You will need a special kit you can purchase it here for a $15.
    Here are where you will need to unscrew the controller:​
    1. Remove the battery pack and batteries​
    2. Removing the warranty sticker helps but not necessary.​
    3. Flip the controller to where the buttons are facing down.​
    4. there are two panels as seen in this picture: [​IMG]
    5. From here get some kind of sharp tool or flat tool to stick underneath the plastic to lift it up (Ex: Exact o Knife, Flathead)​
    6. Do this for the other panel also.​
    7. if you have done step 5 correctly you should here a slight pop right off. ( the more you do this the easier it will pop off)​
    8. .When you have successfully Popped both of the panels off you are going to want to grab you're Screwdriver kit.​
    9. There are 5 screws. you will want to take off all the side ones and lastly the middle one as it will fall apart if you do it first. [​IMG]
    10. once you get to the last one or close you can feel it start to loosen up. just be careful it dosnt fall apart.

Congrats from here you should have been able to open it up from here. if you need any help let me know im here.

THIS IS MY FIRST TUTORIAL. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME TO HARD OF TIME.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015