Reaction score
Sin$
Creating spoofed firmware

1: JungleFlasher
2: Xbins

Source Drive - The Drive you are replacing
Target Drive - The replacement Drive
Source Firmware - Copy of firmware from Source Drive
Target Firmware - Original Firmware from target drive or Ixtreme Firmware from xbins

Ok Start by dumping the original firmware of both your drives (go find a decent flashing tutorial if you don't know how to do this). In my example, I am going to spoof a benq as a samsung. Make sure you keep the original Firmware just in case you need to recover from a bad flash.

Now that we have the original FW, It's time to copy our source key to the target firmware.
Open jungleflasher and make sure you are on the Firmware tool 32 tab. Click open source
firmware and direct it to the source firmware (the drives firmware you are trying to spoof).

sp2t.jpg

A message like this should appear on screen. Click "no".

sp3h.jpg

You don't need to follow this step if you just want to spoof and not flash with ixtreme.
Ok now we are going to need the latest ixtreme from xbins. So run xbins and go to directory
/XBOX 360/firmware/hacked firmware/ and download the firmware corrseponding with your target
drive. I will download the latest for the Benq since it's my target drive.

sp4q.jpg

Ok back to jungleflasher. Click open target firmware, and load the firmware you just downloaded or your original firmware from your target drive (if you just want to spoof and not flash with Ixtreme) from xbins.

28jote.jpg

Now click spoof source to target.

sp7l.jpg

Your DVD keys should be IDENTICAL now(I blacked mine out but make sure yours are IDENTICAL!!!) so go ahead and click save to file.

10f5bi1.jpg

You now have spoofed firmware. Use any method you want to flash it to your target Drive.

Sorry if it's hard to understand. I might add how to flash it to the drive if it's needed.
Thanks.
-Burt

I

IDONTuseGEICO

Dr. Richtofen is my Homeboy
Reaction score
Sin$
omg i've been looking all over for an updated tut on how to do this. thanks!! :thumbup:
now i just have to wait for my sata card to get here :tongue:

A

andyrew30

Reaction score
Sin$
so how do i know what brand or whatever i need to replace my drive with, i have a new 360.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't have to replace your drive unless its broken. You can replace with any type of drive.

A

autoboy303

Reaction score
Sin$
Help!!!!

i know im off topic,but i flash my xbox 360 drive, and im having problems with. I mean when i download games it works but it has a hard time reading my download games and the games i already brought. Could it be that my lens is dirty??? if so how do i go about it, and im thinking of taken it to a shop and getting it repair, but i want to kno if i have to reflash it again? plz somebody may you help me out with my problem because i do not want to buy a nex xbox 360. thank you

F

focheezy

Reaction score
Sin$
Couple questions. When you say dump the fw, you mean reading the fw and saving it on your computer right? Also i'm trying to spoof a benq as a sumsung, but my samsung is already flashed with ixtreme 1.6. Can i still use this tutorial?

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah when I say dump the firmware that's what I mean. It doesn't matter that the samsung is flashed. As long as you dump the firmware from the samsung and it has the correct key, it does not matter what firmware version it is.

G

genkisudo

Reaction score
Sin$
god bless you sir!!!! This is all i wanted just to spoof a drive without ixtreme:smile:

so after i did all the above and i just wanted to write the spoofed and firmware changes to my new DVD drive do i just go to MTk32 on jungle flasher and click write?

F

flilight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do I need to spoof if I am replacing an old BenQ with another BenQ from a different motherboard?

F

flilight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but since I would need to solder and I don't have the equipment or don't want to spend the money on it, is there another way to swap pcb boards without having to solder? or should I just spoof it?

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Why are you swapping the drives? Is it just because the old drive won't read disc's. If that's the case, you can just swap the laser's without soldering. Other then that you'll have to desolder the connections or spoof the drive keys to the new one. Also, are you sure it has do be soldered? I can't remember if Benq's just have ribbon cables or if they are soldered to the board as well?

F

flilight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The BenQ has wires soldered, I wish it was just ribbons. I bought a new mobo and it came with matching dvd drive board, and I need to put the drive board in a BenQ hardware, yeah. I'd much rather just spoof, i was just wondering if I had to spoof if it was the same drive type.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Spoofing is a wide range word.

Means transfering data from one firmware to another.

Yes i would spoof the drive firmwares. Because the other BenQ may have been a different firmware revision. Doesn't really matter that much because they use the same hardware. But I would spoof the two firmwares just to be safe.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Spoofing is a wide range word.

Means transfering data from one firmware to another.

Yes i would spoof the drive firmwares. Because the other BenQ may have been a different firmware revision. Doesn't really matter that much because they use the same hardware. But I would spoof the two firmwares just to be safe.

How does that make sense? The firmware is on the pcb board, right? If he swaps them then it will still have the same firmware version regardless of the guts inside the drive. If he spoofs it then he is spoofing the keys and original firmware to the new drive and basically making two identical drives. So how would it be unsafe to swap pcb boards? Also, I'm still wondering why you want to change the drives out?

The 360 won't recognize the drive if the keys do not match so you can either spoof keys and firmware to the new drive or swap the PCB boards which is basically the same thing.

Honestly you don't need to spoof in the full sense of the word. Since you they are both the same models, all you need to do is flash the original firmware from the source drive to the target drive. You don't have to spoof the drive keys to new firmware.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
combatburt said:
How does that make sense? The firmware is on the pcb board, right? If he swaps them then it will still have the same firmware version regardless of the guts inside the drive. If he spoofs it then he is spoofing the keys and original firmware to the new drive and basically making two identical drives. So how would it be unsafe to swap pcb boards? Also, I'm still wondering why you want to change the drives out?

The 360 won't recognize the drive if the keys do not match so you can either spoof keys and firmware to the new drive or swap the PCB boards which is basically the same thing.

Honestly you don't need to spoof in the full sense of the word. Since you they are both the same models, all you need to do is flash the original firmware from the source drive to the target drive. You don't have to spoof the drive keys to new firmware.
Because he cannot desolder and resolder... Did you read what he put?

Also never said it is unsafe to swap pcb boards.

What I did say is to spoof the firmware from the new PCB board to the old Benq PCB board.

Why? There are about 6 different BenQ revisions. Better be safe with flashing the same firmware revision(Although it really shouldn't matter since it is the same hardware. But its just to be safe) to the drive than flashing a different firmware revision to the drive. Hence the spoofing part. The firmware will be the same stock revision the drive came with. Responding with the new pcb boards DVD Key and firmware revision.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't ask why he couldn't swap pcb boards, I asked why he wanted to swap drives? Did you read what I put? Yes benq drives might have different "revisions" but if he wants the same drive key and same firmware revision, then all he has to do is transfer the original firmware from the source drive to target drive? No need to spoof.

What is the point of swaping the drive? I'm still wondering...

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
He bought a motherboard.
He receive a BenQ PCB Board.

He has a banned/broken whatever 360.
He has a BenQ drive

He needs to use the old BenQ hardware. He is not swapping drives.

Also my point was using the firmware that came with the BenQ he has right now. Spoofed as the firmware that came with the new PCB board. Keeping the firmware revision he has on the drive right now. But having the information of the new PCB board. Only reason i said this was because i have never flashed a different firmware revision to a BenQ that had a different stock revision. So i do not know how it will react. Even if they use the same hardware I would rather not tell someone something wrong.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Nah man it doesn't matter what revision the drive has, as long as the original firmware matches the mobo. All's he has to do is dump the firmware from the PCB board and flash it to the new benq drive. He doesn't need to spoof the info over, as the xbox will recognize the original firmware exactly as it would have recognized the old drive. Thanks for explaining the mobo and pcb board thing, I couldn't understand what he meant.

Top Bottom
Login
Register