Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
how can i tell if its a port issue.
and what can i do to fix it.
Can you take a picture of the error and the steps (pictures) you are taking to get to it?

G

gDrive

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello there. I intend to softmod the OG Xbox, and I was following the tutorial, but the images are missing. Could you please reupload the images?

A

a10n

Reaction score
Sin$
Need some help please.

I previously soft modded a long time ago and had XBMC running. But recently there has been some kind of issue it got stuck on the xbmc splash screen. I fiddled around with it and now it ALWAYS boots to "EvolutionX V+3935"

I already tried several things like:
1. modifying the cfg file on the c:// drive telling it what to load in e:/apps for example, replacing default.xbe, deleting cache, and other recommendations on the web.
2. download Rocky's Softmod Tools ISO image and loading that, however after it launches it says: Retail 4817 Bios Detected --> Then ->> Loading other softmod UI and then the XBOX just sits at a flashing green LED.
3. downloading and running Auto Installer Deluxe 4.53 to install a dashboard and even format c and install xbmc again. But no luck, after boot it is back to "EvolutionX V+3935"

The "EvolutionX V+3935" screen only has two options: Launch Disk and System Settings.

At this point I'm not sure it ever really loads anything from disk perhaps. Is it all from EPROM? I'm really not sure here.

What I want to do is get to an updated stable state. I no longer need xbmc4xbox and would like to install xbmc4gamers for example. Can I do this with FTP and ISO images or do I need to use another method?

H

hearwa

Reaction score
Sin$
I had an issue with my component cable not working after I finished installing the softmod. Even though the guide says composite is only needed for installing the softmod it was the only thing that worked after installing the softmod. Rocky5 helped me fix this issue on discord so I thought I'd share it here:

hearwa: Hello. I just finished the rocky5 soft mod, but am having an issue where my component cable is not working. I can see the xbox start animation, and the boot logo, but when it goes into the main launcher, the component connection no longer works. Is this a common issue? I doubt I am explaining this clearly enough, new to soft modding...

hearwa: I had to switch to a composite cable during the soft mod, but the tutorial said once the softmod is installed I can switch back to component. The composite cable still works...

Rocky5: Hold the back button when the Xlogo spears. Then head to system > settings
And disable 480p mode, save and reboot. H hearwa

M

mikeymunko31

Reaction score
Sin$
3. Put your game in and load up the Linux "checkpoint".​

Thanks for all the work you put into this. I successfully modded today using THPS4 NTSC. One detail I was confused on is how to load up the linux checkpoint. I eventually figured it out as it is a bit different depending on the game one uses to run the exploit. For Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, you have to go to load up the 'hack box' skatepark in the game. That is the catalyst to kick off the exploit and get the softmod going. Hope this helps someone else!

Top Bottom
Login
Register