What's new

Tutorial How to SoftMod Any Nintendo Wii !

• Thread starter burritoboy9984
  • Start date
  • Views 165,963
Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For some reason my Wii won't read my SD card, it says something like "The device inserted into the SD card slot cannot be used", anyone know any solutions?
Try a different sd card your may not be compatible with the wii.

B

burritoboy9984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For some reason my Wii won't read my SD card, it says something like "The device inserted into the SD card slot cannot be used", anyone know any solutions?

Where does it say this? After you try running a program? How big is the sd card?

-Erik

Flying_Poo

Flying_Poo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nevermind. Actually I have no idea what it is. Partitioned my drive to 64gb for the first partition, the rest (~42Gb) on the other partition. Now CFG USB Loader reads it just fine.

Last edited:
Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks a lot for this. For the longest time I was undecided as to whether or not I wanted to modify my Wii, but this was extremely helpful. Thanks a million! :biggrin:

aChampion

aChampion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
where do I find the Wii Mod Batch v3.0? i'm having trouble finding it on my wii :frown:

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
where do I find the Wii Mod Batch v3.0? i'm having trouble finding it on my wii :frown:
Soctou have it on the sd card or do you want a link to a site for it? I suggest using google it will help more then you think.

aChampion

aChampion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Soctou have it on the sd card or do you want a link to a site for it? I suggest using google it will help more then you think.
i had to put it on my sd card? I used a different method to get homebrew and it worked but now I can't connect my sd card to my laptop anymore

Plhrse

Plhrse

Reaction score
Sin$
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
B

burritoboy9984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I
Thanks for the guide. I have been watching for a good priced wii to pop up so I can buy it and do this.

Quick question on SD cards.

My plan was to buy a card like this

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Class-Memory-SDSDX-128G-X46/dp/B00720TE1M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1368973285&sr=8-3&keywords=sd card 128 gb

and use it for the modding process and then later fill it with games so that I can avoid having a HDD plugged in at all times.

Will this work?

You need to use a non sdhc memory card (<4gb) for the modding process.

-Erik

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Plhrse

Plhrse

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the reply.

So after the initial modding, would I be able to swap out the smaller sd card for something like what I posted above, filled with games?

Are there files that would be on the initial modding sd card that are required to run the system?

B

burritoboy9984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the reply.

So after the initial modding, would I be able to swap out the smaller sd card for something like what I posted above, filled with games?

Are there files that would be on the initial modding sd card that are required to run the system?

For the mod you will need a smaller sd card, I believe everything for sdafter would work from an sdhc card, but don't quote me on that. The cheaper and simpler way is to use a usb drive.

-Erik

narc780

narc780

Reaction score
Sin$
Im stuck on the step where we're supposed to install cIos or w/e. I cannot find "Wii Mod Batch" on my homebrew.

Deacon75

Deacon75

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I have other files in the root of my hard drive, could that make a difference?
If there is a problem with my drive and cIOS, why is it only my flash drive that works? Is it because it only allows flash drives and no hard drives? Or is it that particular hard drive?

Thanks
Yea I have been all over the net trying to get Homebrew on my Wii and came across this site, anyway I have 4-5 different SD cards and trying to install homebrew or get Letterbomb to work Any Helpful hints?? I have Indiana pwn on SD with hackmii then on another i have Letterbomb How can I get them together to get homebrew, Or just be able to play downloaded games maybe dvd

Akakmed

Akakmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just bought a wii. its the one that plays gamecube games. should i update to the latest software before this or let it stay at 4.2U?

I don't have any games for it.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just bought a wii. its the one that plays gamecube games. should i update to the latest software before this or let it stay at 4.2U?

I don't have any games for it.
I would stay at 4.2U it will save you a headache later on

Akakmed

Akakmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would stay at 4.2U it will save you a headache later on

Okay. would updating to 4.3 after i do the softmod disable it? also is there any way to play GCN games from a flash drive or hard drive? Does wii even support hard drives?

sorry for all the questions..

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay. would updating to 4.3 after i do the softmod disable it? also is there any way to play GCN games from a flash drive or hard drive? Does wii even support hard drives?

sorry for all the questions..
If you update to 4.3 you would lose the softmod. There is a way to play them from a HDD but I don't remember how since it's been a good 6 years since I have touched my wii

Akakmed

Akakmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you update to 4.3 you would lose the softmod. There is a way to play them from a HDD but I don't remember how since it's been a good 6 years since I have touched my wii

Hmm. i'd like to have 4.3 so i can get the shop channel functionality. if its usable or usefull. i can probably just download any game from there after i softmod it can't i?

Top Bottom
Login
Register