How to Sniff out IP's in ZAP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Coletrain17, Jan 28, 2009 with 20 replies and 2,133 views.

1. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    This tutorial will teach you how to get your friends' IPs by using Zone Alarm Pro in Gears of War 2 (GoW 2). Instead of grabbing Commview or Cain, you can use this simple method to snatch those IPs so you can use your host capabilities to the fullest!

Sniffing out IPs with Zone Alarm Pro
    Brought to you by Coletrain17

Ok, it's time for my first tutorial. Often times when I get into a boosting party, people ask how I am getting their IP's. They bring up commview and cain, and when I say I use ZAP to get the IP's, they usally either don't believe me or beg to know how.

In Nubble's tutorial, it gives you a basic idea of how to do it, but I'm going to go a bit more in-depth.

Step 1: The first thing you need to do is go to the Alerts and Logs tab in ZAP. Before you search for IP's, you are going to want to hit the "Clear List" button on the bottom right of the screen. You should now have an empty list just waiting to be filled.

Step 2: Next what you want to do is change the number in the box in the upper left of the page. (I think the default is 50) Change this to 10, as you are not going to have 50 people in your party.

Step 3: Go back to the firewall section of ZAP and go to "Main" With the people's IP's you want in your game lobby, toggle the INTERNET security slider form medium to high about 10 times or so. (Med, high, med, high, med, high....etc) Make sure when you are done toggling you end on medium.

Step 4: Now, head back to the Alerts and Logs tab. Awww man! The list is still blank! And I did everything Coletrain told me! Calm down, calm down, we aren't done yet! :tongue:

Step 5: Remember that box with the numbers in it in the top left of the page? Using the arrows, flip it down to 9 and back to 10. You will see your screen give a little blip type shindig and that's when you know you've got it. Now, after changing the numbers from 10 to 9 back to 10, click on the empty list and IP's should pop up.

Please note: Please note that your friends' IP addresses will be the ones that DO NOT start with 192......They will be something like 47.155.14.203 (This isn't one, just an example)

Step 6: Right click on the IP, add to trusted, give it a name, and Whamo. You now have retreived your friends' IP in ZAP. It may seem like a long process, but this is only because I tried to go into a lot of detail. Once you get it down, you can get everything done in less than about 20 seconds.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, please post here and I'll do what I can to help. If this worked for you and did help, show me some love and click that thanks button. Thanks guys/girls!

• Like Like x 10
  2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Lol, look at my tutorials, and then edit it so it looks more noob friendly. Plus, I would prefer it if you add pictures. If you can't just PM me and I'll make it so that it is nicer/neater and it has pictures.

3. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    How does it look now, Nubble? :wink:

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    It looks professional, well done!

You now have Nubble's Seal of Approval

5. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
  6. Silver Bruh

Silver Bruh Banned

Ratings:
  7. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    I knew this was Tremont all along...

8. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    This is a knock off of one of nubbles tutorials...........

9. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    And I give him credit where it's due, read the top. It's his find, I just go into a LOT more detail to help people that may not be so familiar with ZAP

10. cloudwalker

cloudwalker Newbie

Ratings:
  11. ToGxKiLLHuStLa

ToGxKiLLHuStLa Newbie

Ratings:
    wow i wish al tuts on this website were like that, cuz that tut is l ike picture perfect in the head after reading it once, good job bruh.now all i gotta do is learn how to bridge myself host:smile:

12. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Haha, I'm glad I could help! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  13. NamesRUvRated

NamesRUvRated Newbie

Ratings:
    So i am no longer going to need commview or cain to bridge host? or is this only to find the ip's

14. iX HyPnOtiZe

iX HyPnOtiZe Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks mate, works perfectly. If only i saw this 2 mins before i downloaded commview..

15. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Haha no problemo guys. That's what I'm here for :smile:

16. s7ormx

s7ormx Newbie

Ratings:
    hey this helped alot.. thanks

17. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
  18. headshort99

headshort99 Newbie

Ratings:
    no you still need cain and abel for sniffing/apr posining. unless you have a crossover cable.:thumbup:

19. Gloriousreaping

Gloriousreaping Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is great! i needed this... but i'd like to kno where u found out the info on the number toggling.. was it experimenting or somewhere on google?

20. OP
    Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Just playin around with it I guess