ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict Platinum Record Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
How to remove a warrenty sticker safly.
Credit to undead ttrever for the sticker TUT.

Ok grab a hairdryer,exzcto knife,sharp flathead screwdriver, somthing flat and sharp.

Ok take off the face plate and look for the sticker.

vevko5.jpg

Your sticker might jot look like this one but they are all the same!!!

Now blow the blowdryer on that and wait for it to kinda get hot, Then take the knife and start to peel the sticker slowly!!! And then put it some where safe like on wax paper, until you need to put it back on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that your warranty sticker is off here is a video on how to take the xbox apart.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jbeOdbsBo&feature=related[/ame]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ckoky.jpg

Then you pop your RAM chip out, and KAPOW! instant RROD!!
Please refer all "How do i RROD my xbox" threads to this TuT.
:thumbup:

SupremeCippy

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
im confused to complicated. :thumbup:

19XX

19XX

Modder Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Wouldn't this void the warranty since you're taking it apart?

tOxiC x

tOxiC x

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Not if you know how to properly take the sticker off and put it back on.

I

I Play Xbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a RAM chip, not stick, and there's four of them. Maybe take a pic of the full mobo and point to the ram chips so people know where they are relative to other components?

19XX

19XX

Reaction score
Sin$
I say just leave it on till it Red Rings....Or wrap it in a towel and leave it on :smile:

ZyGo

ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
xJAREDZILLAx said:
It's a RAM chip, not stick, and there's four of them. Maybe take a pic of the full mobo and point to the ram chips so people know where they are relative to other components?
I stole Eclipsemodz mobo pic from an old post of his.
And thanks for the tips.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
xiNsTiNcTx said:
I say just leave it on till it Red Rings....Or wrap it in a towel and leave it on :smile:
360 will not hold the red ring... All your doing is overheating it leaving it to work again next time it cools down and boots. This will properly red ring the 360. MS won't do **** if you send them a 360 and it boots fine.

19XX

19XX

Reaction score
Sin$
^Worked for me just fine. I did it around Xmas last year and they sent me a new one cause it wouldn't just turn back on when it cooled down.

(I did the leave it on one, not the towel) I actually fell asleep with it on at like 5 in the morning after playing all day and night (I was being EXTREMELY lazy that day as you can tell) and when I woke up later that afternoon it was red ringed and wouldn't turn on without getting the ring, it was on for over 24hours..

Modified

Modified

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hundreds of noobs will come in here asking the **** out of this so called "tutorial".

Maybe explain more, and tell them how to remove the sticker so they don't void their warranty.

ttrever

ttrever

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
how to remove a warrenty sticker safly.

Ok grab a hairdryer, and a fazor, exzcto knife, or if its all you have a sharp flathead screwdriver.

IMGP0060.jpg

it should look like that, ok now blow the blowdryer on that and wait for it to kinda get hot then take the knife and start to peel the sticker slowly!!! and then put it some where safe till you put it back on.

ZyGo

ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
undead ttrever said:
how to remove a warrenty sticker safly.

Ok grab a hairdryer, and a fazor, exzcto knife, or if its all you have a sharp flathead screwdriver.

IMGP0060.jpg

it should look like that, ok now blow the blowdryer on that and wait for it to kinda get hot then take the knife and start to peel the sticker slowly!!! and then put it some where safe till you put it back on.
Im gonna put this up at the top, thanks for making my life easier nnow i dont have to do it.

ttrever

ttrever

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
no prob i would have added more but it was 2 in the mornning and i did not feel like editing the picyure to have a red line.

ZyGo

ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
undead ttrever said:
no prob i would have added more but it was 2 in the mornning and i did not feel like editing the picyure to have a red line.
Yeah it was like 1 in the morning and i just didnt want to do it.

A

Acer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll stick to leaving mine on for a few days, using my schools outlets of course.

M

Mystical

Reaction score
Sin$
What exactly are you doing to the chips? Do remove them completely? If so, will M$ check? Could someone show where to go after you get the box open as it looks like there is more to do from the video. Thanks

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Mystical said:
What exactly are you doing to the chips? Do remove them completely? If so, will M$ check? Could someone show where to go after you get the box open as it looks like there is more to do from the video. Thanks
You are taking a chip either partially off or completely off. You choose. If you have the motherboard with the extended GPU heatsink. Rip the chip off under the extended part of the heatsink. If not then just rip one of the 4 off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register