• Thread starter Cole Goodyear
  • Start date
  • Views 13,275
C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This tutorial is written for iPrep version v009.

If you clicked on this thread, I assume your liteon drive locked up during the erase and completely froze your computer. As of now, your liteon drive is a very nice paper-weight, but that's what I'm here to help you fix.

Step 1- Getting the tray half open :

It is safe to assume that your tray is closed, and we need to fix that. What you need to do is manually and GENTLY GENTLY GENTLY open the tray. If you pull too hard or too fast you can damage the mechanics of the drive. Right now the only problem with the drive is that it has dead/corrupt firmware, so we don't want to introduce any problems.

If your tray is closed and won't open when you give it a slight pull, there is a way to do it from the inside as depicted in this picture:

picture1qo.png

Now that you have it opened, make sure you gently pull it out as far as it will go. After it is fully out, push it back in half way. (Yes, you HAVE to pull it all the way out and then push it in half way. You can't just push it out half way)

Step 2- Creating New Firmware:

Once you have the tray in a half open state, we can set the drive aside for the time being. What we need to do now is create a hacked firmware file for the frozen drive.

Open up Jungle Flasher and open the dummy.bin as the source file. (You should have the dummy.bin from the extraction process you did before you erased the drive. If you don't have the drives info, you're screwed)

When it asks to autoload, you can if you have all your firmware in the JF folder you have. If not, hit no and manually load the ixtreme 1.6 firmware as the target file.

Once both are loaded, hit spoof source to target so the info from the dummy.bin gets injected into the hacked firmware.

Now, hit the save to file button on the right side of JF. Save it to your desktop as "litcfw.bin"

Step 3- Creating a Bootable Flash Drive

So we have the hacked firmware we need to flash the bricked drive, now we just need a way to inject it. You'll need to download iPrep v009.

Once you have that downloaded, open it up and it will have a few options to load different types of firmware. We're only interested in the liteon, so load the 1.6 ixtreme there.

Once loaded, it should automatically rename itself something like Lit_CFW.bin. That's fine, don't worry about that. Now that you have it ready, on the right side of your screen there is an option to make the device bootable. Check that box, and make sure you select the flash drive as the device to make bootable.

Click go and now you have a bootable flash drive with the liteon hacked firmware

Step 4- Preparing the Flash Drive for Booting

Right now your flash drive is ready to be booted up into, but we need to first inject that "litcfw.bin" we made in jungle flasher.

Open up the flash drive and there should be a folder called "Backups". In that folder, create a folder called, "1234567" (without quotes). In that folder, create a folder called "12345". And lastly, drop your "litcfw.bin" into that folder.

So basically you should have this directory: \Backups\1234567\12345\litcfw.bin

Step 5- Flashing the LiteOn in iPrep

Shut down your computer and hook up your drive via SATA and molex power. Boot to the flash drive we've been working on. When it loads, you're going to type "flit 1234567 12345" (No quotes)

Follow the onscreen instructions (power cycling the drive, etc)

Once prompted, hit "w" to write information to the drive

When it asks what to call the new firmware, call it "litcfw.bin"

Step 6- Take a deep sigh as your drive is rejuvinated

Hopefully this should write the hacked firmware to the drive, giving it life again. After it's done, close the tray and unplug the drive. If you need any help, post here and I'll do what I can to hep you out. Happy flashing!

Abolfazl

Abolfazl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Was this made for Goldblade? :smile:

Alternative to step 5 is to run "l-o-eras ####" until FF72 is received. Then "Dosflash", #, N, w, litcfw.bin
You will probably have to run these 2 commands twice if you don't get the right message.

Nice tutorial!

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Abolfazl said:

Alternative to step 5 is to run "l-o-eras ####" until FF72 is received. Then "Dosflash", #, N, w, litcfw.bin
You will probably have to run these 2 commands twice if you don't get the right message.

Nice tutorial!
I went with yours, it was the only one that worked. Which I knew all along.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Abolfazl said:

Nice tutorial!
Yup l-o-eras has to be run twice for it to give the right status code.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Stupid jungle flasher, I told cole, screw jungleflasher. I will use the l-o-eras.exe blah method to flash. Thats what cole does as well.

S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L

/ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
it says " Remove any media or other device. Press any key to restart"
any idea why?

F

froodle1987

Reaction score
Sin$
Here's a way easier way to do it just watch this video on you tube i did it on a 7000 series lite-on drive

My link

X

xX aPsycho xX

Reaction score
Sin$
i can't seem to be able to boot from a usb
i can't either. is there another way anybody knows of? My computer froze during the erase of the drive.... wont eject or anything.. any other have this problem?

Its Markk

Its Markk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i can't either. is there another way anybody knows of? My computer froze during the erase of the drive.... wont eject or anything.. any other have this problem?
yeah, me too.
i want to send it to someone to fix it because my computer can't boot from usb i don't think.

Top Bottom
Login
Register