How To Rank Yourself Up In Gears Of War 2 - Requires Bridging

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by P R O L II K E, Jan 18, 2009 with 134 replies and 9,142 views.

1. P R O L II K E

P R O L II K E Enthusiast

Ratings:
    GEARS OF WAR 2 RANK UP TUTORIAL

Confirmed as of Febuary 13, 2009 10:10 A.M (EST)

I, P R O L II K E am the finder and originator of this rank glitch and have not copied it from anywhere else ( For the host quit portion of it i give Nubble his deserved credit)

Bridge yourself host. Prior to getting a match instruct your teammates to quit out once you see the loading screen that is matching you up into a game (doing so will not rank them down). I also suggest doing this in elimination cause most people find it funny to play a territories match 5 v 2 and even if u are host by the time u win that you will have lag switched so much they all will quit. Once the game stars slide your internet zone security bar to high once the game countdown is on 3 about to go to 2. Run over to there spawn and kill them all. As soon as you kill them pop the guide button then press x and get ready to sign out. Wait for the screen to do a quick change which indicates that it is counting down for the next match. slide your zone to medium and then sign out. You receive a lot of xp from this. It takes about 4-5 games in a row to get your star from doing this.If you have never played a game you will get your star in one game garentted doing this no mater what ranks you are facing. My gamer tag is also P R O L II K E. Please message me over xbox live if you have any questions. Thanks and enjoy.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Re: New Rank Up Tutorial Better Then Host Quit Requires Bridge

Is getting a star in 5 or 6 if you havent played any games on your account or if you have and have some losses. If this works it will blow away acids tut. I'll try this later today and check to see if it works.

3. laxdevil91

laxdevil91 Enthusiast

Ratings:

sweetness just gotta find some lvl 5's

4. OP
    P R O L II K E

Ratings:

Well Im doin this right now I lost my star on this account because i played like 3 wingmans with my friend and lost cause hes never played but i got other star accounts. So currently I am a rank 4. If anyone else wants to do this with me I will be doing it tonight. Gammertag = P R O L II K E. No random friend requests only messages first.Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jetpac

Jetpac Newbie

Ratings:

100% CONFIRMED. I GET MY WINGS IN 4 MATCHES! AND I WAS A THREE BAR!

JUST GOT A SECOND STAR IN TWO GAMES ON MY OTHER NAME (I WAS A THREE BAR)!

:thumbup:

Bit of advice, it seems it ranks you up FASTER if you have lower ranked people in your party.. I played wit three 2 bars and a four bar, I myself was a three bar.

6. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:

Yeah but the trick for this is to find 4 people willing to join your game, waste their own time, and get nothing in return. If you can find people willing to do that, Bravo

7. Jetpac

Jetpac Newbie

Ratings:

Don't be stingy... Find friends who YOU are willing to return the favor for... I now have 4 Wings... Two of them to friends of mine

8. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:

Yeah, this only ranks you the bridger... Most people aren't going to sacrifice their rank just for you...

I included this method in my Host Quit Tutorial... I gave you proper credit

P.S.... This will only work until the update comes out, so do it while you can!

9. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:

Ok, if you guys are so eager to join a game, waste time, and get nothing out of it, by all means hit me up with a PM. I'll take advantage of you all day if that's what you really want

10. Jhawkfootball06

Jhawkfootball06 Enthusiast

Ratings:

I wonder if you could lag out your team mates and do it

11. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You can, but I'm fairly certain that they won't want to play with you if you do that lol

12. OP
    P R O L II K E

Ratings:
    Just wanna say thanks for confirming this method lol its a fun trick. Hope it helps you all. =]

13. Jetpac

Jetpac Newbie

Ratings:
    Not sure why people are so down on this... I've ranked up 6 people today alone to Stars.. No more than 7 matches each.. As little as 2. Just be kind and return the favor. No sacrificing rank needed.

14. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:

Why will this only work before the update? Is there some type of patch that will be fixing this kind of stuff?

15. Jetpac

Jetpac Newbie

Ratings:
    Update.. I should really stop doing this lol.. 7 Wings today alone. And 3 Fourth ranks...

Once again, HUGE props to P R O L II K E :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

16. OP
    P R O L II K E

Ratings:
    ight i got 9 star accounts 4 sale message me if interested prices start at 50

17. Monster

Monster Newbie

Ratings:
    I'll do this right now.

anyone send me a message

GT: Dr ShockaIoo

18. Jetpac

Jetpac Newbie

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Forgive the name hiding but you neeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeerrrrr know who's watching. :biggrin::thumbup:

19. BoNafide

BoNafide Enthusiast

Ratings:
    trying it out right now. Will let you guys know if I have sucess

20. OP
    P R O L II K E

Ratings:
    willing to do this for anyone need 2 more people i can do it were u rank up also and not just me Gamertag = P R O L II K E